Which do you prefer?

• Playstation 3

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • X Box 360

Votes: 24 49.0%

• Total voters

michael

Which one do you prefer and reason(s).

[Moderator's Note: Michael asks because he's looking forward to <I>Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings</I>, which from what we've heard so far, won't be coming out on the PC. Thoughts?]

Last edited by a moderator:

michael

You win this time...but I don't know which one to get, because I really want to get that new Indy game when it comes out.

Agent Crab

Neither.

One is an overpirced swiss army knife of a console and the other really don't have games that strike my fancy.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
michael said:
You win this time...but I don't know which one to get, because I really want to get that new Indy game when it comes out.

Yeah, I sort of figured that's why you put it there. Tell ya what...I'll edit your initial post and move it back.

Me...I'm still hoping they put it out on PC. Seeing as that won't happen...I dunno.

michael

Thanks Attila! I heard they were making it for ps2, but with all these revolutionary ideas they are throwing into it, I'd rather have it for a next gen console. Does it cost monthly to play online for ps3?

muttjones

PS3 is so much better. I read somewhere that over 30% of Xbox 360 consoles were breaking in the first year and being replaced. Micrososoft made the wrong decision to put their product first. Sony waited and saw what Microsoft had and then brought out the PS3 that is twice as good.

PS3 has a free network and better games

IAdventurer01

PS3 has better hardware so is likewise better future-proofed than the 360. Since most games for the 360 are also for the PS3 - ones I care about anyway, I would definitely recommend the PS3.

Plus Metal Gear Solid. Excellent game, if you've ever played it. (y)

The Drifter

muttjones said:
PS3 is so much better. I read somewhere that over 30% of Xbox 360 consoles were breaking in the first year and being replaced. Micrososoft made the wrong decision to put their product first. Sony waited and saw what Microsoft had and then brought out the PS3 that is twice as good.

PS3 has a free network and better games

I happen to agree with you.

Dr. HenryJones.jr

moah... more vote for PS3 ... I have too and I owned PS3, XBox360, Wii and more I used my console :D

I think , who is the match about clear the grafic of the game, this are not same on the HDMI (TV)... maybe will better to XBox360

muttjones

The best thing about PS3 is the Blu-Ray discs that the games are on. With out the blu-ray the discs would not have enough memory to have awesome graphics and such.

XBox 360 would have to have a 3 disc box set just to hold all the content of Metal Gear Solid 4. One disc for the game and two just for the cut scenes!!!:p :p

btw anyone with a PS3 or getting one should get this game when it comes out on October 21. It is living up to be the best game so far for the Next Generation Consoles and its only for PS3!!!:D

Bjorn Heimdall

I chose PS3, but mainly because of MGS4. I don't play that much online so that doesn't really matter for me. Also, I prefer the PS joypad for games like Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven. And If you got an HD-ready TV, PS3 is the obvious choice because it's still the cheapest Blu-Ray player... I think.

No Ticket

If PS3 gets more really good games (which it probably will) it will be, IMO, better. The online gaming is free, unlike Xbox Live. Plus it has Blu-Ray. Most good 360 games are not exclusives and you can get them on either system. PS3 has more exclusives like God of War III that I MUST play.

So really I guess PS3. I own a 360 but I plan on selling it. The only exclusive to Xbox that I like is Halo... and Halo 3 wasn't all that great to me. Oh well.

But my opinion so far is that neither are all that great and Wii was awesome until this year when Nintendo announced that they basically have nothing for you to look forward to on that console this year or anytime next year.

indyclone25

yeah but i heard a report on the news that the wii was the most popular system this year --- but ias you said nintendo has nothing for it it won't be popular --- i wish wii had soul calibur 4

RaideroftheArk

Playstation 3 all the way. Metal Gear Solid 4...and a personal favorite, Heavenly Sword...good stuff.

What are good online games to play for PS3? I have never gotten into online play so I don't know much about it.

mobollux2

though wii and The Force Unleashed will be every star wars geeks dream as you get to use the wiimote as a lightsaber. can you imagine the fun of whipping in staff of kings with a wiimote

Shortie

Depends do you like online play? Then 360 is for you. Though you have to pay it's worth it. I played PSN at my friend's house (who has all 3 systems & prefers 360) & PSN sucks compared to 360. Too many quitters with no penalty (rank going down, etc...).

The only reason I could see myself getting a 360 is for Blu-Ray (which the next Xbox will get) , MGS4 (Which could be like FF & be ported), Uncharted & Little Big Planet.

Also, I'm not an Xbox fanboy. I had a PS1, N64 & PS2 & loved them. But 360 has more to offer(better exclusive games & online play) than PS3.