Indy "Image"

So this might be a little esoteric, but here goes.

What makes Indy look like Indy? I ask because I get "Hey look, It's FN Indiana Jones! Hahahahaha!" almost all the time, and I don't look anything like him...

Sure I wear a hat... but it's a dark dark brown Builtmore Senator with a thin leather band.... I often wear a thigh length brown sued coat.... Under that I carry my repro bag (The best 'murse' I've ever found) I'm most often found in some kind of 'plaid' workshirt... and jeans.

So is it the hat/bag combonation? Is it the stubble???

I donno....

:)

Gustav

It must be the hat.

I also have a brown thigh-length suede jacket and I only shave when my beard starts to get uncomfortable but nobody calls me Indiana Jones. It could also be because I am short, bald and fat with chest hair that makes it look like I'm wearing a bullet-proof vest under my shirt.

Issard

Lets see, you wear a hat, leather jacket, and a replica shoulder bag. And you don't think you look anything like Indiana Jones? :confused: I have an AB and a G&B jacket, which I have never worn at the same time. I also have a couple shirts which are very Indy-like, including a Magnoli, but again, I never wear all this stuff at the same time. That would be 're-tar-ted'. You see, when people see you walking around in a fedora, with a leather jacket and a man-purse, they will automatically assume that you are trying to look like Indiana Jones. And they are right. You are. Not down to the last detail, but then normal people arent aware of every little nuance of his costume, so dont act they they are the ones with the problem. Not everyone has the time to spend freeze framing Raiders to see if his shoulder strap had grooves or not. I really get sick of some people complaining about the comments they have to hear when they go out in public dressed like Indy. If you dont want to hear it, dont go out wearing a hat, jacket, and bag!!! THAT IS NOT NORMAL! You can not expect to play dress up in public and not hear smart-ass comments. That is the way the world is, so learn to deal with it without complaining, or grow the hell up and stop playing make believe.

Last edited:

Issard

Talk about entertainment! Why do you think I come here every few months?
Look, I'm not the one who has to come here to find comfort when I get teased about dressing up as a fictional charachter, so dont flatter yourself. As long as you keep acting like a five year old, dressing up like a little kid, and then blaming the rest of the world for your insecurities, no one will EVER be jealous of you. This goes for a lot of the people on this board and at Indy Gear. I love Indiana Jones as much as the next guy, but I just get a little sick and tired of seeing people complain about the abuse they have to take when wearing all their 'gear' in public. If you saw someone walking down the street dressed like a horse, wouldn't you think that was a little strange? Maybe that person looooves horses. Maybe they have a huge collection of horse DVD's, and maybe they spend all their free time online in horse discussion boards. But when they take that love of horses to the point that they start dressing like one as part of their everyday clothing, and then COMPLAIN when they have to hear people snickering behind their back!!?? I dont know what the hell you call that, but normal it aint.

Last edited:

The Adventurer

Issard said:
If you dont want to hear it, dont go out wearing a hat, jacket, and bag!!! THAT IS NOT NORMAL! You can not expect to play dress up in public and not hear smart-ass comments. That is the way the world is, so learn to deal with it without complaining, or grow the hell up and stop playing make believe.

:D ... I don't believe CH was complaining...in fact is only a question...what believe "people" about asembeling with Indiana Jones...

And...""""IT IS NOT NORMAL"""...to dream at treasure...and find one how many others found... THE ADVENTURE is or not NORMAL? For one is for others not. But Indy`s style is THE RAIDERS STYLE...;)
:whip: :gun: (y) :hat:

Last edited:

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Apparently, this conversation is going nowhere, so... thread closed.
If for any akward reason you feel this is unjust, please PM me (or your favorite moderator).

The Adventurer

I did...because I want to post in this thread...if it is not a problem...
Thanks for understanding!

What I want to say is that some friends of mine told me Indiana Jones...only because I talk about treasures and legends...at my training gym.

I think that Indy is not only an "image" but an embleme for the meaning of adventure and archaeology related by treasures and old artefacts...

Baron Brunwald

Yeah I think its the hat for sure. That's probably the only thing an average person would recognize about Indiana Jones. It's iconic.

The Adventurer said:
What I want to say is that some friends of mine told me Indiana Jones...only because I talk about treasures and legends...at my training gym.

I think that Indy is not only an "image" but an embleme for the meaning of adventure and archaeology related by treasures and old artefacts...

You asked for the thread to be reopened so you could post that. :confused: