Disneyland Indiana Jones Jackets

Nurhachi1991

Deckard said:
YES BECAUSE ITS AN INDIANA JONES JACKET THE TITLE SAYS INDIANA JONES JACKET SO I WAS EXPECTING AN INDIANA JONES JACKET. I BASICALLY MADE SURE YOU KNEW IT WASN't AND WHEN YOU SAID YOU DID I SAID COOL MAN ENJOY THE JACKET. Then you apparently stopped reading the entire posts.

I never once said **** YOU YOUR Jacket is dumb ****. Did I?

I never said you did? Did I?

Deckard

Nurhachi1991 said:
the reason im getting upset is because everyone is talking about the jacket like its a dimestore jacket. its not its a very nice leather jacket

Well no one said that either.

I said it, I'll say it again, My problem here was never with you, tho when you misinterpret something I say, It can become that way.

My beef is with the guys who make this stuff because they could do better.

Nurhachi1991

Deckard said:
So what?, look at the old Disneyland Jackets, they look just like the regular Indy ones and don't say "INDIANA JONES" all over them. I figured with a new movie coming they'd have taken steps to make them look even closer not further away from what it is they are based on.

And at the time you had like 4 posts, I profiled you and figured "oh man another noob here that got taken by Disney." I was wrong and Im glad you did not get ripped off.

ok man look i didn not join these forums to argue with people. I have no problem with you at all you diddnt do anything wrong niether did i. I was simply showing my jacket that i finally got a chance to buy. You were only saying that it diddnt look like the jacket indy wore because you thought i was some idiot that bought the jacket thinking it was a real indy jacket. Ok no problem there you were just looking out for a fellow indy fan thats fine

but we dont need to be arguing over something this stupid...... I like the jacket alot of people i know like the jacket but the important thing is that I like it because i like otherwise i wouldnt have bought it

so can we please be friends? :hat:

Deckard

Sure, I never considered us enemies, not like your a Nazi, were just arguing over the internet, I don't take any of it personally. Like i said tho, If i don't like something. I'll let you know, its just the type of guy I am. I'd rather be honest and uncomfortable then just uncomfortable.

Nurhachi1991

thats cool man im usually that way myself unless its a girl asking me than i tend to lie

it wasnt even you that was pissing me off it was resident alien

i made a topic asking how to get the avatars.....

i know its a stupid question and itsa my own fault for not reading the faqs

but he posted something like Ban him if anyone questions you..... cite his jacket

i was like jesus christ i could see if it was a x-men jacket or a star wars or soemthig like that but its indiana jones thats like calling rocky nerdy

ReggieSnake

Attila the Professor said:
Yeah, Indy had an influence on me. Hell, this forum had an influence on me. That's why I'm here. That's why I came back after being gone for years, and that's why I accepted the post of moderator. It doesn't mean that I signed away any ability to critique tendencies of my fellow fans, nor that I need to put together a perfectly accurate costume, or any costume at all. It doesn't mean I have to acquire a great pile of action figures from however many different producers, nor that I need to worry about Old Indy being excluded from the Young Indy films. It doesn't mean that I need to post pictures of characters and actors from the films and drool over them, or that I have to wait for the new film to come out to criticize it. It doesn't even mean that I have to have notions of what I want out of Indy IV, but it also doesn't mean that if I do have such notions, that I can't find fault with the film if they don't meet my conception of what a good film would be. There is no litmus test for being an Indiana Jones fan. I would imagine that my fandom is imperfect to many here. I don't doubt that, nor am I particularly bothered by it. But let's be clear here - I'm here by choice.
As should be. Good post, Attila.:hat:

Lao Che Pun

I'm fairly new to this forum (although compared to the maturity and age of particular fans within this thread, I'm apparently a veteran) and I cannot believe the overt cynicism that exists here.

Has courtesy ever existed on this board? I can't believe somebody would go to such lengths to make other people feel bad. One can rationalize it anyway they want, but the bottomline is that some people just feel good while raining on someone else's parade.

In my opinion, I think the jacket looks great. Owning a Wested and a Cooper myself, I appreciate the atypical Indy jacket that people on the street can discern as an actual licensed Indy item. This thread kinda makes me want to buy one myself now too. ;)

I know I'm new here, so perhaps I shouldn't be throwing my weight around (i.e. opinion) as if I were some fan who had pseudo-clout in the Indy community (i.e. - fans whose self-esteem is dependent/synonymous with their messageboard post count) but I just had to voice my disillusion over the cynical nature of this thread.

Here's hoping this thread will be eventually closed...(n)

Deckard

Lao Che Pun said:
Here's hoping this thread will be eventually closed...(n)

So that freedom of speech and people's opinions are prevented from being heard?

Your a little late if your trying to make some point its all been settled, and I thought I was clear that at no point did I ever degrade Nurhacci, simply that I didnt like the jacket.
He said he understands that.

I now know better then to attempt to have a differance of opinion then what some of you guys think. I'll send you all of my books now so you may burn them.

Another guy wonders in w/ an opinion who didn't even read the thread, gotta love that.

Lao Che Pun

Deckard said:
So that freedom of speech and people's opinions are prevented from being heard?

Your a little late if your trying to make some point its all been settled, and I thought I was clear that at no point did I ever degrade Nurhacci, simply that I didnt like the jacket.
He said he understands that.

I now know better then to attempt to have a differance of opinion then what some of you guys think. I'll send you all of my books now so you may burn them.

Another guy wonders in w/ an opinion who didn't even read the thread, gotta love that.

Actually, I'm a wee embarrassed that I did read the entire thread. While I'm happy that you two were able to work out your squabbles, I'm still a little saddened over the eruption regardless. My comment wasn't an interjection to your expletive-laden debate, but merely an afterthought. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone here would take my comments seriously without the occasional "*&^$#" remark.

And I'd hate to make this argument a question of "freedom of speech," as everyone here knows that isn't the real case. It's just about courtesy, as I mentioned. As a devout defender of the Constitution, I'll be the first person to stand up for your rights to say anything you want to anybody, but my virtues hold me to the fact that I don't think any thought that enters a person's mind should come out of their mouth. Just because you might see a person in public who you think is overweight, does it mean you should call them "fat?" I guess you could. I just think it's mean-spirited.

I imagined you were sitting at your computer waiting for someone to respond to the thread two hours after it supposedly "resolved," so I only suggested the thread closure to end the madness.

I'll do you the favor and close down for the night too. Sorry for the interruption.

Deckard

Lao Che Pun said:
Actually, I'm a wee embarrassed that I did read the entire thread. While I'm happy that you two were able to work out your squabbles, I'm still a little saddened over the eruption regardless. My comment wasn't an interjection to your expletive-laden debate, but merely an afterthought. Honestly, I'm not sure anyone here would take my comments seriously without the occasional "*&^$#" remark.

And I'd hate to make this argument a question of "freedom of speech," as everyone here knows that isn't the real case. It's just about courtesy, as I mentioned. As a devout defender of the Constitution, I'll be the first person to stand up for your rights to say anything you want to anybody, but my virtues hold me to the fact that I don't think any thought that enters a person's mind should come out of their mouth. Just because you might see a person in public who you think is overweight, does it mean you should call them "fat?" I guess you could. I just think it's mean-spirited.

I imagined you were sitting at your computer waiting for someone to respond to the thread two hours after it supposedly "resolved," so I only suggested the thread closure to end the madness.

I'll do you the favor and close down for the night too. Sorry for the interruption.

Im angry because Im taking **** for trying to help somone just please tell me you can understand that?

He posted his jacket w/ a comment about the pockets that confused me so to show him what I met, I posted a picture. He was new I didnt want him to get ripped off or anything, and If i have taken the time to know these things is it that bad that I try to help.

He then informed me he was aware of the differances but liked it anyway.

I said cool, Im glad you like your jacket.

Then later I said I personally wouldnt wear it to which I was again berated. It was my opinion. The key word is personally I didnt say Nurhacci was dumb or anything for liking it. Thats his opinion.

So its about courtesy you say?, I tryed to be nice and show him what was wrong and basically was told who cares **** off by some. Wheres the courtesy there??

Wouldn't courtesy be staying out of something you weren't involved in to begin with and just coming here to tell him u dig the jacket like Avilos did?

"I imagined you were sitting at your computer waiting for someone to respond to the thread two hours after it supposedly "resolved," so I only suggested the thread closure to end the madness. "

If you come in "after the thought to say something bad about me and Im still online, its going to envoke a responce. What did you expect? You only hurt your own cause .

thats all im going to say bcuz that post sums it all up and I dont want to completely hijack nurachi's thread.

Last edited:

whipcracker666

Has courtesy ever existed on this board?

Not as far as I can tell. Btw, nice jacket kid. I'm rather envious. I always wanted one of those since I first visited Disney/ MGM studious as a kid.
While I understand that the styling isn't exactly screen accurate,I don't get why everybody seems to hate on the fedoras sold at Disney parks. I bought one about four years ago. I've worn it from Florida to California and back again and I can attest for for a $30 to $40 hat it's fairly durable. It's been on my head while exploring ancient indian ruins from the deserts of New Mexico to the Florida Everglades & Ten thousand islands. I even wear it in the river when I go fossil hunting. It's been stepped on, sat on, rained on, and dunked in the river and it still looks good. The lack of courtesy around here really is a shame though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good debate as much as anybody but it seems as though some people are just hanging around waiting for somebody to post just so they can **** all over it.

No Ticket

First of all Nice Jacket. And I only read some of this thread... But.

It does only VAUGELY resemble the real Indy jacket. Sure it's leather and brown and from Lucasfilm/Disney but that doesn't mean crap. It is no replica. I mean, besides the pockets being off and the bottom of the jacket looking different, it has a whip and hat on the back and the Indy logo.

I mean, who cares, if you like it that's cool. But it's totally the truth.

Little Indy

Holy crap I'm gone for a few hours and this has jumped to 4 pages.

throwmetheidol said:
I've owned that same jacket for a few years now - and get stopped on the street all the time to compliment me on it and ask where I bought it.
LD

See I told ya so.

ReggieSnake

whipcracker666 said:
Has courtesy ever existed on this board?

Not as far as I can tell. Btw, nice jacket kid. I'm rather envious. I always wanted one of those since I first visited Disney/ MGM studious as a kid.
While I understand that the styling isn't exactly screen accurate,I don't get why everybody seems to hate on the fedoras sold at Disney parks. I bought one about four years ago. I've worn it from Florida to California and back again and I can attest for for a $30 to $40 hat it's fairly durable. It's been on my head while exploring ancient indian ruins from the deserts of New Mexico to the Florida Everglades & Ten thousand islands. I even wear it in the river when I go fossil hunting. It's been stepped on, sat on, rained on, and dunked in the river and it still looks good. The lack of courtesy around here really is a shame though. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good debate as much as anybody but it seems as though some people are just hanging around waiting for somebody to post just so they can **** all over it.
I bought my hat out at Disneyland too, and it's not even a fedora. It's a leather hat with a braid instead of a ribbon, and as much as I'd like to own an honest-to-goodness Fedora someday, I bought that hat because I wanted something a little different. The same goes for my jacket as well; not even close to screen accurate, but it's nice enough and comfortable. I just couldn't afford to go all out and get a Wested or anything, but that doesn't bother me.

I guess I'm just trying to say that I agree with Attila (a few pages back), if you want screen accurate and that's your thing: go for it. Otherwise, as long as you're happy with it, what does it really matter?

As for courtesy, I think it can happen. I'd say there are more courtesy conscience folks on this forum than not, and certainly more than there are on some other forums.

Paden

I think this thread really says something about this community. What it says is, unfortunately, not very complimentary. ;)

Nice jacket, Nurhachi. Glad you were finally able to purchase it.

Good show, Professor.

ROB98374

Sorry for opening an old thread, but I really like this jacket, and wanted to find out more about it.
I heard that it was a limited edition of 500. Can anyone confirm? What was the original selling price? They usually sell on eBay for $500 or more.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
ROB98374 said:
Sorry for opening an old thread...

For the record, while we understand that not all corners of the internet feel similarly, we're all for the meaningful bumping of old threads. In the spirit of Dr. Jones, feel free to bring up something dusty from the archives, blow off the cobwebs, and see what power it may still possess.