Star Trek 2009

Nurhachi1991 said:
Hahaha well I figured now was the one and only time I could wear my Kirk shirt and not look like a nerd :)

Don't sweat em Hachi!

The day will come when you get your girl to wear that shirt and (creepily you'll think of me:sick: ), get her to scream KAHN! ...or something along those lines!

Joe Brody

Good film. Nice to see a tired old franchise successfully have new life breathed into it.

With old Mr. Fisk were around.

Goonie

I picked up a set of the BK drinking glasses today. I think I may pick up another maybe tomorrow. One set to keep sealed, the other for drinking.

I might go see the movie tomorrow for a matinee. Right now, I'm watching Star Trek III.(y)

Nurhachi1991

Rocket Surgeon said:
Don't sweat em Hachi!

The day will come when you get your girl to wear that shirt and (creepily you'll think of me:sick: ), get her to scream KAHN! ...or something along those lines!

Haha thanks Rocket Surgeon :)

and oddly enough I will think of you

The Man

The Man said:
Off to see it this afternoon. Quite pumped. I've scarcely heard a bad word about it.

Terrific fun. A reboot handled with dignity and smarts. Just a pity that Bana had little to sink his teeth into.

Goonie

Ok, I've seen it.

Let's just say that all the Star Wars fans that were let down by the prequels, will want to defect to the Star Trek universe, and leave George Lucas in their dust.

The movie was awesome! I'm definitely going to go see it again. The actors were great. They all absord the mannerisms of the original actors really well.

Now, whatever, Ebert wrote in his review, ignore it. He wasn't paying attention, especially this part in his review, and it is not a spoiler:

The logic is also a little puzzling when Scotty can beam people into another ship in outer space, but they have to physically parachute to land on a platform in the air from which the Romulans are drilling a hole to the Earth?s core.
He wasn't paying attention. There is an explanation in the movie.
If you want to read Roger Ebert's full review, go here:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090506/REVIEWS/905069997

Go see it. You'll love it. (y) (y)

(and I picked up a 2nd set of BK glasses after the movie (y) )

Crusade>Raiders

LOVED IT. Much like Iron Man last year, this is the movie that busted out the gate with an incredibly entertaining film that set the watermark for others to beat(like The Dark Knight) or fall below(like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull >_>).

But yes, Nero was a crappy villain. He really is just a plot device. And they cut out the whole "escaped from Klingon prison" scene, so you don't know what he did for 25 years, making a weak villain also really lazy.

AndyLGR

Goonie said:
Let's just say that all the Star Wars fans that were let down by the prequels, will want to defect to the Star Trek universe, and leave George Lucas in their dust.
I love Star Wars, and by no stretch am I a big Trek fan, but imo this Star Trek prequel handled what had gone before with much more respect than Lucas gave to the what went before the prequel trilogy.

caats

i was ok with nero not getting a lot of screen time. it's the crew i wanted to see. and he was cool when he was on screen anyway.

The Man

The Franchise Begins...

Paramount Pictures' "Star Trek" grossed over $76 million in its domestic box office debut, including $4 million in Thursday night shows. JJ Abrams' reboot of the classic sci-fi franchise came in on the upper end of expectations, and all but guarantees that the studio will pursue a next installment.

Goonie

I'm disappointed that this scene got cut:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XC73PHdQX04&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XC73PHdQX04&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:hat:

WillKill4Food

My opinion, with spoilers.
Why did they have to do it this way?
The whole time travel part was unnecessary, and for me at least, and I would have rather seen a film about their actual beginnings (in the sense of the Original Series) instead of an alternate reality version.

Goonie

If you picked up the soundtrack and your wondering, "where's that Batman Begins-like song from the trailer?" well, it's not on the soundtrack but it is on Youtube:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/igqW_0c6GDQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/igqW_0c6GDQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The video poster provided two links on the Youtube page where you can download the song at.:hat: