KotCS on various 2008 lists

Nurhachi1991

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I hate all the mainstream retards that keep pissing and moaning about the scene......... Or idiots saying well he drank from the grail so would be ok!

caats

...calm down guys. of course it'd get this. i can't argue with it. at least it didn't make the top 5 in the guardian's most ridiculous plot of 2008. really what that scene does for me is show how relevant Indy is. Nuking the Fridge is already part of popular culture.

The Man

http://www.moviemistakes.com/blogpost44

The top 10 most mistake-ridden movies of 2008

1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: 64 mistakes

2. Mamma Mia!: 44 mistakes

3. The Dark Knight: 43 mistakes

4. Twilight: 41 mistakes

5. High School Musical 3: Senior Year: 41 mistakes

6. Journey to the Center of the Earth (2008): 31 mistakes

7. Quantum of Solace: 23 mistakes

8. Get Smart: 22 mistakes

9. Step Brothers: 22 mistakes

10. Iron Man: 21 mistakes

IndyMac

I agree with the list. The fridge scene wasn't a typical Indy stunt. YEAH, it has that feel to it...But it was hard to swallow. Especially when we see what the bomb did to everything else. So seeing the fridge and him just falling out of it was a bit. Nonsensical. However, it has nothing on the monkey swing. That thing had more unbelievability to it than the bomb.

The Man

Darth Vile said:
I?d be interested to see the itemized list. I can recall the hands in the pockets and the mustard and ketchup bottles (diner)? but nothing much else springs to mind.

I'll be sure to scan The Dark Knight Blu-Ray next week, too. Unless a goof is utterly egregious and damaging to the plot, they don't really bother me.

Paden

Honestly, I don't think the inclusion is off target. To me, as entertaining as it was, the fridge scene definitely bounces past the boundaries of believability, even for a film grounded in pulp traditions.

emtiem

It is ridiculous, of course it is. Just depends on whether you see that as a bad thing or not I suppose :)

emtiem

Darth Vile said:
I?d be interested to see the itemized list. I can recall the hands in the pockets and the mustard and ketchup bottles (diner)? but nothing much else springs to mind.

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film7362
Here you go. It's not much of a fun list; it's mostly rather boring historical inaccuracies or small continuity issues between shots.

Dewy9

I still think it was good pulpy fun. It's no sillier than a guy in a rubber suit running around town chasing a killer clown or a guy who flies around and wears a robot suit.

Indyologist

Yeah. I don't think I even want to see a 5th movie seeing how bad the Bearded Ones "nuked" Indy. I don't trust them anymore. (n)

Gear

Well, sh*t for shine, that's what you get for writing a film with stupid ass bits stuffed in for filler.

HOWEVER...... I am not referring to the DOOMSTOWN scene in my above post. That scene is actually one of my all time favorite film moments. Seriously. I took it as Indy simply narrowly escaping death again (kinda like surviving a plain crash with a water raft at 2000 ft and then falling on and sliding down a mountain only to fall another 500 ft into a white water river before drifting to a halt several miles down stream... all in one piece.... Did anyone else's BS-omiter spike?).

I thought the "Nuke the Fridge" scene was quite cleaver and awesome. But that's just me. Go ahead. Name this scene a total implausible laughing stock while totally ignoring Mutt's little Tarzan moment with the ghey little Ewok monkeys, 'cause THAT scene was TOTALLY Indy...