Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 01-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #101
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
The villians in the featured script were? Vulture?

Mary Jane and Peter were to have a baby.

Vulture would've been an editor at the Daily Bugle. Using the tired "good friend of Peter's turns bad" storyline. John Malkovich was set to play him.

Anne Hathaway was signed on to be the Black Cat (Basically Spider-man's answer to Catwoman) but instead the studio decided to COMPLETELY change her character to The Vultress. A villain that never existed in the comics or any other Spidey media for that matter.

The Studio wanted to add a 3rd villain. The script was complete crap. Raimi lost hope and walked.

The End.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #102
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyrcks
I have signed the petition this is not right that Tobey and Sam have walked away from Spiderman they should come back

If the filmmakers come back under sufferance they'll probably deliver a made-by-numbers picture, and you'll wish they'd never made it.

Spider-Man isn't one of my favourite comic book heroes, but he did encounter some great villains.

The first Spider-Man film put me off because the CG looked wrong - something about the way Spider-Man moved which lacked gravity or weight. The Green Goblin also looked so alien in look to the comic book. So, from those early impressions I haven't been excited about each sequel.

If Spider-Man 4 is a reboot, and if the film-makers are willing participants, then this might be a film to look forward to.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:52 AM   #103
caats
IndyFan

i think Raimi realized that he wouldn't be able to do what he wanted to do.

apparently Maguire really didn't mind walking away, he thought he'd done enough for spider-man. but he woulda been there for Raimi. slash maguire supposedly has a shot at bilbo baggins for del toro's The Hobbit. i'm sure he appreciates being freed for that too.
caats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #104
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caats
maguire supposedly has a shot at bilbo baggins for del toro's The Hobbit. i'm sure he appreciates being freed for that too.

The Hobbit is definitely a film I'm looking forward to -they could give up any number of Spider-Man movies to make way for this!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:58 AM   #105
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
The End.

That's the only part of your post that soothed me. Balls indeed, Doc...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #106
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Mary Jane and Peter were to have a baby.
I can only imagine thousands of baby spiders exploding as if from the legendary beehive hairdo.

Where do you get your intel?
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #107
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Moviehole.net apparently has a scoop on both scripts.

CinemaBlend.com reported the basic synopsis of Spider-man 4 which is basically:

Peter Parker gets over MJ, finds a new girl, falls in love. But: Peter also discovers her father is actually the Vulture, a naughty green guy with wings to be played by John Malkovich. Peter is torn between the love of his new lady and taking down the Vulture. Being a Spandex tight-ass, he decides to take down the Vulture, and kills him. This patricide goes down poorly with Peter’s new fiancée, and she rejects him. Despondent, Peter decides to abandon his superpowers, and Movie No. 4 ends with Peter Parker throwing away his Spider-Man mask, and audiences wondering if they are watching Superman II.

No mention of a baby, which makes me a bit suspicious. But who knows. Sounds like a crappy retread of the 1st 3 films.
Old 01-17-2010, 04:38 AM   #108
bigdaddygamer14
IndyFan

Just a friendly reminder about the petition that's going around, it has almost 450 signatures at this point.
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?s4sam
bigdaddygamer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #109
caats
IndyFan

Quote:

Peter Parker gets over MJ, finds a new girl, falls in love. But: Peter also discovers her father is actually the Vulture, a naughty green guy with wings to be played by John Malkovich. Peter is torn between the love of his new lady and taking down the Vulture. Being a Spandex tight-ass, he decides to take down the Vulture, and kills him. This patricide goes down poorly with Peter’s new fiancée, and she rejects him. Despondent, Peter decides to abandon his superpowers, and Movie No. 4 ends with Peter Parker throwing away his Spider-Man mask, and audiences wondering if they are watching Superman II.

No mention of a baby, which makes me a bit suspicious. But who knows. Sounds like a crappy retread of the 1st 3 films.

this synopsis seems very unlikely for some reason. doesn't sound very Raimi at all.
caats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:43 PM   #110
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caats
this synopsis seems very unlikely for some reason. doesn't sound very Raimi at all.

I'm guessing that's why he walked.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:15 AM   #111
Indy&HanFan
IndyFan

Quote:

that sounds terrible. at first i was sad to see that toby and sam were walking, but after reading that i can understand why they would want to.
Indy&HanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 04:30 PM   #112
Moedred
Administrator

Storyboards by Jeffrey Henderson show Bruce Campbell as Mysterio.
Still waiting for script(s) to leak.
Quote:
It would’ve been one absolutely kick ass movie. Seriously. We were working on some crazy- cool stuff, because everyone, from top to bottom, felt that Spidey 3 was a bit of a ‘missed opportunity’, and we all really wanted to help Sam take SM4 to another level so he could end the series on a high note.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:12 PM   #113
Moedred
Administrator

I'm tempted to call this thread Homecoming... same villain and all, right?

Back to 2010: fan theory confirmed that Peter Parker was in Iron Man 2.