User Name
Password

Old 07-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #51
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Great, let us have your comments Stoo!

Disappointingly, not many Raveners seem to have watched this movie, so far...

It's still 14.99 on iTunes. In another week or two it will be 9.99 and then I'll pull the trigger.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #52
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I keep meaning to watch it and always forget. I may borrow it this weekend and report back.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #53
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I watched it tonight and really enjoyed it. There were some historical inaccuracies and things from the books that I wish had been done better, especially the ending, but overall it was very enjoyable and far better than what I had initially expected.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #54
WilliamBoyd8
IndyFan

For those with access to American cable television:

The Turner Classic Movies (TCM) cable channel plans to show the 1958 film "Manhunt in the Jungle" which is also about the search for Col. Fawcett and the "Lost City of Z" on Thursday October 19 2017 at 6:30pm Eastern time.

I haven't seen this film but I plan to watch it.

WilliamBoyd8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:13 AM   #55
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamBoyd8
The Turner Classic Movies (TCM) cable channel plans to show the 1958 film "Manhunt in the Jungle" which is also about the search for Col. Fawcett and the "Lost City of Z" on Thursday October 19 2017 at 6:30pm Eastern time.
Thanks for the notification, Hoppy.

If anyone plans on recording the film, I'd be well up for a trade or purchasing a copy of it. PLEASE!

---
P.S. The reason I haven't written a review of "Lost City of Z" yet is because I found it thoroughly disappointing. Maybe I can muster up enough energy in the near future to explain why.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #56
WilliamBoyd8
IndyFan

I did watch the 1958 film "Manhunt in the Jungle" this morning (October 20 2017) on TCM cable and thought it was a good film.

It is 79 minute long and was "Photographed entirely in the Amazon Country of South America".

Col. Fawcett disappeared in the Brazilian jungle in 1925 while searching for the "Lost City", in the film called "El Dorado".

The film is based on George M. Dyott's book Man Hunting in the Jungle, published in 1930.

In 1928 Cmdr. George M. Dyott takes a small expedition, financed by American newspapers, to locate either Fawcett, El Dorado, or both.

He recruits some men from the last town. One of the men takes Dyott to see his wife, who has psychic powers. She tells Dyott that Fawcett was killed by Indians and to beware of something called "E. T.".

Dyott's group encounters deserts, rivers, and assorted wildlife.

Of course there have to be snakes.

They finally encounter a tribe of Amazonian Indians.

He finds some of Fawcett's items in an Indian camp and an Indian chief tells him about a pile of stones which could be the lost city and that Fawcett's group was murdered by Indians.

He suspect that the Indians visiting his group killed Fawcett are about to massacre his group.

The expedition leaves without visiting the lost city but Dyott considers it a success because they found out what happened to Fawcett.

WilliamBoyd8 is offline   Reply With Quote