The Dark Knight Rises

Goonie

Why don't they just rename Bane to Bronson in this one.;)

Overall, I'm ok with the casting. My only disappointment is that since this is supposed to be Chris Nolan's last Batman movie, we won't get to see his version/vision of The Riddler.

And here's hoping Anne's costume will be tight, as was Michelle's.(y) (y)

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
With the 'Bat' on the run, what will Bane and Cat do to play against him?

The Cat will surely turn on her charms, putting Bruce's head in a spin, throwing him off guard, and into the path of Bane. Meanwhile there will be some insidious threat to Gotham itself (attaining power over the legitimate money men, rather than the mobsters that The Joker was ripping off). Maybe even Wayne Industries will be set to fall into enemy hands, with Bruce nowhere to be found.

Once Batman is weakened, Bane will move in to deliver the final blow.

Only he can't, unless Nolan wants to leave #3 as a cliffhanger for another director.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Considering Inception....

Selina Kyle, corporate raider looking to take over Wayne Enterprises? After all, isn't she a 'burglar'? Like as said above, Bruce/Bat is on the run, make a perfect segway to that sort of thing.

Bane would just be (someone?s) hench man to also annoy batman as he both regains his order...and his company?

I'm not as familiar with the batman mythos as some, so feel free to flush this out. I just think Nolan is a solid storyteller, and currently his story has batman as a rogue vigilante

"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not the hero. He's a silent guardian, watchful protector. The Dark Knight."

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
Selina Kyle, corporate raider looking to take over Wayne Enterprises? After all, isn't she a 'burglar'? Like as said above, Bruce/Bat is on the run, make a perfect segway to that sort of thing.

Bane would just be (someone?s) hench man to also annoy batman as he both regains his order...and his company?

I'm not as familiar with the batman mythos as some, so feel free to flush this out. I just think Nolan is a solid storyteller, and currently his story has batman as a rogue vigilante

As you wrote, the Rise of the Dark Knight implies not the rise of Batman the hero, but of the prominence and necessity of the rogue vigilante, which won't endear him to a large section of Gotham's population, who will confuse him with the masked villains. So, Batman's rise could also be his fall, both in his own eyes, and of others'.

As Batman the vigilante intensifies his dark crusade, there maybe some who unwittingly look to villains to bring him down, hoping to gather the spoils from both parties (Sergio Leone style).

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
As you wrote, the Rise of the Dark Knight implies not the rise of Batman the hero, but of the prominence and necessity of the rogue vigilante, which won't endear him to a large section of Gotham's population, who will confuse him with the masked villains. So, Batman's rise could also be his fall, both in his own eyes, and of others'.

As Batman the vigilante intensifies his dark crusade, there maybe some who unwittingly look to villains to bring him down, hoping to gather the spoils from both parties (Sergio Leone style).

This would be EPIC.

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Only he can't, unless Nolan wants to leave #3 as a cliffhanger for another director.

Nolan has stated firmly that this is not only the last Batman film he'll be making, but the last chapter in that particular Batman saga/franchise.

Which seems very, very wise.

kongisking

Lance Quazar said:
Nolan has stated firmly that this is not only the last Batman film he'll be making, but the last chapter in that particular Batman saga/franchise.

Which seems very, very wise.

He chose...wisely.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :eek:

Inbanana

Goonie said:
And here's hoping Anne's costume will be tight, as was Michelle's.
hathaway_catwoman.jpg

(y)

The Man

Sure, Mork was strange...but as Strange?

Thus far, there?s been no confirmation from Williams, the studio or Christopher Nolan; so, even as much as I trust Batman On Film, I must recommend you take this purely as a rumor for the time being. What a glorious rumor it is though. For those of you unfamiliar with Gotham, Dr. Hugo Strange is a Batman-obsessed villain psychologist with more than a few screws loose. Williams has not only won an Academy Award for playing a shrink but has also crushed all of his creepy psychopath roles in the past.

WillKill4Food

The Man said:
Sure, Mork was strange...but as Strange?
Not feelin' it. I'm not sure I like the idea of Robin Williams playing such a serious villain. I just don't think his image is compatible. But, of course, I'm sure that (if this rumor actually is true) Nolan will take that into account.

Hugo Strange, on the other hand, seems like a good arch-villain. I just don't know that I like the casting rumors.

Lance Quazar

WillKill4Food said:
Not feelin' it. I'm not sure I like the idea of Robin Williams playing such a serious villain. I just don't think his image is compatible. But, of course, I'm sure that (if this rumor actually is true) Nolan will take that into account.

Clearly you've never seen "One Hour Photo" or "Insomnia" if you think Williams won't fit in a "serious" villain role.

While he can be annoying as hell in broad comedies, he's also a terrific dramatic actor when the opportunity arises.

For more proof of his range, check out the brilliant pitch-black comedy "World's Greatest Dad" from last year, where he gave a wonderfully restrained performance.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
Clearly you've never seen "One Hour Photo" or "Insomnia" if you think Williams won't fit in a "serious" villain role.

While he can be annoying as hell in broad comedies, he's also a terrific dramatic actor when the opportunity arises.

For more proof of his range, check out the brilliant pitch-black comedy "World's Greatest Dad" from last year, where he gave a wonderfully restrained performance.

Robin has played some seriously creepy characters in his time. He's no stranger to taking odd and idiosyncratic roles either: such as The World According to Garp.

When he reins his exuberance in, he can be a subtle evil and insidious character.

Lance Quazar

Montana Smith said:
Robin has played some seriously creepy characters in his time. He's no stranger to taking odd and idiosyncratic roles either: such as The World According to Garp.

When he reins his exuberance in, he can be a subtle evil and insidious character.

Indeed.

All that said, this movie has been the subject of some of the most insane speculation in modern cinematic history that began before the "Dark Knight" reels were even dry.

I am not putting stock in any "news" until it comes from the horse's mouth.