KotCS James Rollins novelization

G-Man

I was thinking about this...
geeklord9000 said:
2 - And when you say Spalko is eaten from within by fire, please elaborate. Is it appropriate to take a ten year old to? I don't let my kids watch temple of doom, but I let them watch the other ones. (The little ones just close their eyes when Donovan disintegrates or Toht's face melts.)
Is it gonna be like General Grievous's death in Revenge of the Sith?

-Jones-

geeklord9000 said:
Jones a question - (I don't know all, just all the info scoured from across the web, especially Topps cards, but I think its safe to say me and everyone in here doesn't care about spoilers, so please spill) And I really want to know this because of my kids, and whether its too horrific or frightening to take them to, and we're religious so I wanna know if there's anything demonic.

1 - When you say "resurrected", do the skeletons actually come to life and start ripping everything up? Is it super creepy and scary and possibly disturbing to children?
Or does the ending just involve them being "resurrected" by bringing the mechanism to life?

2 - And when you say Spalko is eaten from within by fire, please elaborate. Is it appropriate to take a ten year old to? I don't let my kids watch temple of doom, but I let them watch the other ones. (The little ones just close their eyes when Donovan disintegrates or Toht's face melts.)

3- Oh one more thing - when you say a spaceship is involved, you mean the temple is a kind of spaceship that travels thru dimensions, it doesn't actually lift up and fly away does it (unless everything I've read is wrong)

Please answer, would be really helpful. Hard to know with these movies.

1. It is creepy. The skeletons are sitting on the seats the whole time. Their resurrection is made mainly in subconscious zone.

2. When the crystal skeletons are surrounding Spalko /not in reality, but rather in a subconscious zone/, she is lifted, her eyes start to vibre, then she starts to cry with blood, then we have some smoke and her eyes are changed to 2 little embers. Then we see that her eye sockets are completely dark and empty... her brain turns into a crystal. She almost hits the floor and then is sucked into nothingness. It's a very bad idea to show KotCS to little kids /it's only my opionion/.

3. Yep, it's a spaceship, but it's hard to determine it's actual look. It's very bright, almost transparent. It rises, 'changes to a photograph /flat/', flashes and it's gone. It like a hyperspace travel ;].

G-Man said:
I was thinking about this...

Is it gonna be like General Grievous's death in Revenge of the Sith?

Hmm, to be frank - no. Grevious is burned and Spalko is only skull f***** ;].

geeklord9000

Thanks for answering.
So this subconcious zone - kinda like the Ringwraiths/zone in LOTR?

So there's a shadow world (that happens in your mind) that the aliens actually move around in? Do they look like skeletons in the shadow world?
What is the vortex you speak of that kills Mac?

-Jones-

geeklord9000 said:
Thanks for answering.
So this subconcious zone - kinda like the Ringwraiths/zone in LOTR?

So there's a shadow world (that happens in your mind) that the aliens actually move around in? Do they look like skeletons in the shadow world?
What is the vortex you speak of that kills Mac?

Yep, they look like crystal skeletons in the shadow world.

Mac is killed by his own stupidity /gold/, he's dragged into the vortex caused by the spaceship.

stunrun

hmmm, so that's the cause of the vortex;) i'm glad it doesnt happen for no apparent reason - anyone remember the end of Mummy Returns?:sick:

ChromiumBlue37

stunrun said:
hmmm, so that's the cause of the vortex;) i'm glad it doesnt happen for no apparent reason - anyone remember the end of Mummy Returns?:sick:

Oh yeah! Everything got swallowed up into a vortex. The oasis/jungle even the pyramid. They did manage to save the solid gold pyramid finial at the end, though.

Hope it is not too similar!!

ultraman7k

Just finished reading my copy of KoTCS in English today, and it's pretty much spot on to what's been described in this thread.

maybe a few more spoilers, not sure if it's anything you guys wanna know but i'll black it out anyways.

-Indy still seems to be teaching out of the same textbook by Michaelson, notably CH.4.
-Dunno if this was explicitly mentioned, but Indy runs into a atomic bomb testing ground after Hangar 51 as it's called, and manages to escape the blast by hiding in a King Cool refrigerator lined with lead.
-He breaks Mac's nose twice
-He thinks about hanging em up after being put on indefinite leave by Marshall College. Indy decides to travel to Europe to take a teaching position, leaving his Fedora, and Whip behind. This changes when he later returns with Mutt to retrieve his stuff.
-also has his father's chair in his house, but can't sit in it because it reminds him too much of his father.
-During action sequences, the novel notes the toll it takes on Indy's body. He knows he's not the same, and falls at inconvenient times.
-The search for the place where this all takes place is El Dorado, but the treasure is not gold, it's knowledge, which is priceless right?
-Spalko is driven by her desire to know all the secrets of the universe.

-nice little line about, "it's not the mileage, it's the years."

-That's it for now.

Jndy

Would somebody be so good to tell me who the prisoner in the trailer is?

Why is Indy visiting some subterranean Mexican-looking jail?

-Jones-

Jndy said:
Would somebody be so good to tell me who the prisoner in the trailer is?

He's just a loony in the mental facility. Nodoby important.

Ska

Jndy said:

I haven't read the novel yet, but from what we've seen spoiler-wise, Indy and Mutt visit that South American prison to find Oxley (who for some reason is being held there...maybe it's less a prison and more a mental hospital).

tocksic

SKAbatula said:
I haven't read the novel yet, but from what we've seen spoiler-wise, Indy and Mutt visit that South American prison to find Oxley (who for some reason is being held there...maybe it's less a prison and more a mental hospital).

Yes. And there is a nun. I don't think nuns are no.1 choice watching over criminals. :D

Dr. HenryJones.jr

At the moment, I remember from Indy: Lost of the Ark

in Nepal from Marion's bar owner, before she has the medillon "Ra" and Indy came in the bar and he asked for the medillon and said "sorry for your Father Abner..." now is come from the movie: Indy 4 , Abner Ravenhood with daughter Marion together, but is bad because Marion is older, since movie: Lost of the Ark, she was younger woman! :confused:
What is the chaos... whoa!:confused:

Arab Swordsman

Dr. HenryJones.jr said:
At the moment, I remember from Indy: Lost of the Ark

in Nepal from Marion's bar owner, before she has the medillon "Ra" and Indy came in the bar and he asked for the medillon and said "sorry for your Father Abner..." now is come from the movie: Indy 4 , Abner Ravenhood with daughter Marion together, but is bad because Marion is older, since movie: Lost of the Ark, she was younger woman! :confused:
What is the chaos... whoa!:confused:

:confused:

Dr. HenryJones.jr

ah, the dialoge, sighs!

you remember from the movie: Raiders of the lost Ark : Marion's owner bar house in Nepal. Indy searchs for the medaillon of Ra before he said sorry your father Abner dies... FLASHBACK since 19 years: Marion is young woman and has lost his father. TODAY: Marion is 19 years later: Your father Abner travelled with daughter Marion.

it is not same???

Ska

tocksic said:
Yes. And there is a nun. I don't think nuns are no.1 choice watching over criminals. :D

ha...very true...I never put two and two together!

Although my wife went to a Catholic school...and she has talked about having some mean Nuns as teachers!

And Dr. HenryJones.jr, I'm still not sure what you mean...?

Ska

Yeah, John Hurt is not playing Abner...he's playing Professor Oxley, who's a friend and ex-student of Abner.

Marion was telling the truth in Raiders of the Lost Ark when she said Abner died to Indy.

Abner cannot be and is not in this movie.

Hope this helps you!