Indy V wish list

The Man

deckard24 said:
Wow this article just says it all! "Steven wasn't that enthusiastic", yeah that showed!!

Come on Lucas, nobody wants to see some radical departure for Indiana Jones! Spielberg had it right with looking back to the past films!

I wonder when/if Spielberg will speak honestly about Skull the way he did with Doom?

MaverickKing

Title: Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time

MacGuffin: the Spear of Destiny

Year: 1947 (retcons KOTCS)

Returning Characters: Marion Ravenwood, Sallah, Jock Lindsey

Indy girl: Marion Ravenwood

Sidekick: Sallah and Jock

Menacing villain: Father Henderson Hope (think Mola Ram but Christian) and the Order of the Cross

Critters: REALLY big scorpions

Locations: The Marquesas Islands; Barnett College; Rome; Shanghai;

Opening: It's the Marquesas Islands, 1947, and Indy and Jock are about to be eaten by a cannibal tribe. They escape the tribe and flee in Jock's plane, referencing the Raiders opening perfectly.

Setpieces: A ski chase (i.e. On Her Majesty's Secret Service); a fistfight inside a fireworks in Shanghai; swordfight atop a bridge over a volcano; parachuting out of a crashing plane; climactic swordfight between Indy and Hope.

Vehicles: Snowmobile, truck, helicopter, seaplane, tank.

Grisly death: Father Hope finds the Spear and prepares to use it to destroy all those who have renounced God. Hope absorbs the power of God, which causes his body to rise off the floor (ala Fiona transforming in Shrek), but the flesh melts away from his body, and he disintegrates into dust.

Finale: In a chamber below the Vatican, Hope prepares to begin the ceremony that will exterminate any non-believers. Marion will be used as the ritual's sacrifice. As the ritual begins, Indy crashes into the Vatican in a helicopter, racing inside to confront Hope. Hope duels Indy in a swordfight, when Hope impales Indy. He uses Indy as the sacrifice and completes the ritual - when he instead disintegrates. Indy doesn't move as Jock and Sallah take Marion (who grabs Indy's hat) away from the collapsing chamber.

Last shot: At Indiana Jones's memorial service, Marion, Willie, Sallah, Jock, Henry and Short Round say their final goodbyes. Marion puts Indy's hat on the grave and walks away. The final shot is of a mysterious man, in khaki pants and a beat-up leather jacket, taking the fedora and walking off into the sunrise...

ChromiumBlue37

Wow - I have got only 34 years until I am no good anymore. So much to look forward to, then it's scrap time.

Oh well, life was fun while it lasted.

emtiem

deckard24 said:
Wow this article just says it all! "Steven wasn't that enthusiastic", yeah that showed!!

I'd have to agree. Good news if he's more interested now, though.

deckard24 said:
Come on Lucas, nobody wants to see some radical departure for Indiana Jones! Spielberg had it right with looking back to the past films!

I'm in two minds; I almost think that Crystal Skull wasn't enough of a departure: he still had the college opening, Indy in South America, a bad army chasing him for the thingy, the villain getting killed by the supernatural thing at the end etc. The nature of the MacGuffin (hate that term) doesn't really affect the nature of the story, which meant it was much the same as Raiders/Crusade. There must be a fresher tale to be told. Do a Hitchcock-style wrong man thing with him; have him find the thing he's been chasing has been a fake all along- a trap of some kind; have him caught up in a adventure whilst abroad (no college stuff); have him not chasing a particular 'thing'...

indyrcks

well they better make the fifth one better to make up for the nasty Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull maybe you are right the previous three were much more exciting and better

MaverickKing

indyrcks said:
imagine if they made that into a film

Be cool, wouldn't it? :D

emtiem said:
Do a Hitchcock-style wrong man thing with him; have him find the thing he's been chasing has been a fake all along- a trap of some kind; have him caught up in a adventure whilst abroad (no college stuff); have him not chasing a particular 'thing'...

Now THAT sounds interesting...

jamesdude

4f4a91c0.jpg

something i threw together

Name Goes Here

Title: Indiana Jones and the Legend of Excalibur

MacGuffin: King Arthur's sword, Excalibur

Year: 1959

Returning Characters: Sallah*, Short Round*, Jock*

Indy girl: Marion Jones (For Indy)

Sidekick: Mutt Jones

Champagne villain: Thomas Hargreaves (Actor: Liev Schreiber; A wealthy American industrialist with a large private army of mercenaries. He wants to control the world, and feels Excalibur is the way to do it. Insurmountable power and nigh invincibility can be his if he can achieve the Sword. All he needs is to find King Arthur's heir.)

Menacing villains: Agent Griffin Archer (Actor: Christian Bale; Government agent who is initially working as Indy's bodyguard, assigned to him by the CIA, but then betrays him in order to work for Thomas Hargreaves. When they find the sword he shoots Hargreaves in the back and orders Indy to retrieve it for him.) and Col. Vladimir Dyalov (Actor: Tim Roth; competing against both Hargreaves, Archer, and Indy to get Excalibur. He assisted Indy in a mission to Paris during World War II before getting caught up in the Cold War.)

Critters: Scorpions, spiders, snakes, shark, piranhas

Locations: Paris, 1942; New York City; Taiwan; Underneath England

Opening: Set during the Nazi occupation of Paris, Indy and Dyalov are working on a joint venture between Russia and the United States to intensify their alliance, and are sent to retrieve a box containing classified objects from the Nazis holding it. After retrieving the box from the Nazi-occupied Louvre Indy and Dyalov escape via jeep from a horde of Nazis chasing after them. Indy drives the jeep into the back of a cargo plane piloted by Jock. Jock asks Indy and Dyalov if their mission was worth it as Indy opens the box. Indy states "Oh, yeah, it was worth it." Inside is the Mona Lisa.

Sets and setpieces: WWII action sequence in Paris; Dogfight in the streets of New York; A battle between Dyalov's Russians, Hargreaves' mercenaries, and Indy's crew off the coast of Taiwan; A large, sprawling car chase through a city beneath England, in which both Indy and Dyalov's crew both furiously pursue Archer, who is currently in possession of Excalibur; Fistfight aboard the cargo plane containing Excalibur between Archer and Indy as Mutt tries to ward off Russian planes with the machine guns on the plane.

Vehicles: Jeeps, tank, speedboat, manned drill, motorcycles

Grisly death: Man is eaten by sharks. Another is thrown on top of a drill.

Finale: Indy and Archer engage in a fistfight aboard an airplane being shot at by Russians. Indy punches Archer square in the face as he topples over. As he lies on the floor, he notices his gun and starts crawling for it. Indy has his back turned to him and states "You know what, Archer? You can go to hell." Archer grabs his gun, stands up, and spins to face Indy. Just as he does this, Indy stabs him in the chest with Excalibur. Archer staggers. "And take this damn sword with you!" He falls out of the back of the airplane and into the ocean. Only then does Mutt, who is flying the plane, notice the empty fuel tank. Indy overtakes the controls and, for the first time in the series, lands a plane perfectly. When he lands, however, Dyalov and two of his men are waiting outside. Dyalov points a pistol to Indy's head, drags him out of the airplane, and throws him to the ground. He cocks his pistol as his back is turned to the beach. Dyalov coolly states "Goodbye, Doctor Jones." A shot rings out. Indy looks up and sees a bullet hole through Dyalov's chest. He falls. Indy sees Marion Ravenwood holding a sniper rifle. She cocks it as a shell pops out. Indy and Mutt beat up the remaining Russians, leaving them bound and tied for the authorities. They rush to join her on the boat. Mutt offers to take over the controls as Marion sits in the back with Indy.

Last shot: Marion and Indy kiss as Mutt rolls his eyes and drives off into the ship off into the sunset.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

I was thinking that Clint Eastwood could be his sidekick, and they could spend the whole movie kicking each others asse$, "48 hours" style. Sounds kooky, I know, but sean Connery was a big star and didn't upstage Ford, & every movie has a different slant on Indy's relationships.

WeAreGoingToDie

I'd like to see Indy lose an eye in the opening, showing how even the great adventurer can be harmed. From then on he wears an eyepath (just as Old Indy does on Young Indy). I just think Ford would look badass as an older eyepatched Indy. Hell, I'd run from him if he made a fist. :cool:

caats

WeAreGoingToDie said:
I'd like to see Indy lose an eye in the opening, showing how even the great adventurer can be harmed. From then on he wears an eyepath (just as Old Indy does on Young Indy). I just think Ford would look badass as an older eyepatched Indy. Hell, I'd run from him if he made a fist. :cool:

i'm not feeling the eye patch. i think it's unnecessary

Ajax the Great

Name Goes Here said:
Title: Indiana Jones and the Legend of Excalibur

MacGuffin: King Arthur's sword, Excalibur

Year: 1959

Returning Characters: Sallah*, Short Round*, Jock*

Indy girl: Marion Jones (For Indy)

Sidekick: Mutt Jones

Champagne villain: Thomas Hargreaves (Actor: Liev Schreiber; A wealthy American industrialist with a large private army of mercenaries. He wants to control the world, and feels Excalibur is the way to do it. Insurmountable power and nigh invincibility can be his if he can achieve the Sword. All he needs is to find King Arthur's heir.)

Menacing villains: Agent Griffin Archer (Actor: Christian Bale; Government agent who is initially working as Indy's bodyguard, assigned to him by the CIA, but then betrays him in order to work for Thomas Hargreaves. When they find the sword he shoots Hargreaves in the back and orders Indy to retrieve it for him.) and Col. Vladimir Dyalov (Actor: Tim Roth; competing against both Hargreaves, Archer, and Indy to get Excalibur. He assisted Indy in a mission to Paris during World War II before getting caught up in the Cold War.)

Critters: Scorpions, spiders, snakes, shark, piranhas

Locations: Paris, 1942; New York City; Taiwan; Underneath England

Opening: Set during the Nazi occupation of Paris, Indy and Dyalov are working on a joint venture between Russia and the United States to intensify their alliance, and are sent to retrieve a box containing classified objects from the Nazis holding it. After retrieving the box from the Nazi-occupied Louvre Indy and Dyalov escape via jeep from a horde of Nazis chasing after them. Indy drives the jeep into the back of a cargo plane piloted by Jock. Jock asks Indy and Dyalov if their mission was worth it as Indy opens the box. Indy states "Oh, yeah, it was worth it." Inside is the Mona Lisa.

Sets and setpieces: WWII action sequence in Paris; Dogfight in the streets of New York; A battle between Dyalov's Russians, Hargreaves' mercenaries, and Indy's crew off the coast of Taiwan; A large, sprawling car chase through a city beneath England, in which both Indy and Dyalov's crew both furiously pursue Archer, who is currently in possession of Excalibur; Fistfight aboard the cargo plane containing Excalibur between Archer and Indy as Mutt tries to ward off Russian planes with the machine guns on the plane.

Vehicles: Jeeps, tank, speedboat, manned drill, motorcycles

Grisly death: Man is eaten by sharks. Another is thrown on top of a drill.

Finale: Indy and Archer engage in a fistfight aboard an airplane being shot at by Russians. Indy punches Archer square in the face as he topples over. As he lies on the floor, he notices his gun and starts crawling for it. Indy has his back turned to him and states "You know what, Archer? You can go to hell." Archer grabs his gun, stands up, and spins to face Indy. Just as he does this, Indy stabs him in the chest with Excalibur. Archer staggers. "And take this damn sword with you!" He falls out of the back of the airplane and into the ocean. Only then does Mutt, who is flying the plane, notice the empty fuel tank. Indy overtakes the controls and, for the first time in the series, lands a plane perfectly. When he lands, however, Dyalov and two of his men are waiting outside. Dyalov points a pistol to Indy's head, drags him out of the airplane, and throws him to the ground. He cocks his pistol as his back is turned to the beach. Dyalov coolly states "Goodbye, Doctor Jones." A shot rings out. Indy looks up and sees a bullet hole through Dyalov's chest. He falls. Indy sees Marion Ravenwood holding a sniper rifle. She cocks it as a shell pops out. Indy and Mutt beat up the remaining Russians, leaving them bound and tied for the authorities. They rush to join her on the boat. Mutt offers to take over the controls as Marion sits in the back with Indy.

Last shot: Marion and Indy kiss as Mutt rolls his eyes and drives off into the ship off into the sunset.

Yes, yes, YES! Wonderful ideas! I'm not too crazy about the ending - it seems a bit anti-climactic - but overall, it is wonderful! I rather like the idea of the Indy series tackling some Arthurian legends...

Ajax the Great

MaverickKing said:
Title: Indiana Jones and the Ravages of Time

MacGuffin: the Spear of Destiny

Year: 1947 (retcons KOTCS)

Returning Characters: Marion Ravenwood, Sallah, Jock Lindsey

Indy girl: Marion Ravenwood

Sidekick: Sallah and Jock

Menacing villain: Father Henderson Hope (think Mola Ram but Christian) and the Order of the Cross

Critters: REALLY big scorpions

Locations: The Marquesas Islands; Barnett College; Rome; Shanghai;

Opening: It's the Marquesas Islands, 1947, and Indy and Jock are about to be eaten by a cannibal tribe. They escape the tribe and flee in Jock's plane, referencing the Raiders opening perfectly.

Setpieces: A ski chase (i.e. On Her Majesty's Secret Service); a fistfight inside a fireworks in Shanghai; swordfight atop a bridge over a volcano; parachuting out of a crashing plane; climactic swordfight between Indy and Hope.

Vehicles: Snowmobile, truck, helicopter, seaplane, tank.

Grisly death: Father Hope finds the Spear and prepares to use it to destroy all those who have renounced God. Hope absorbs the power of God, which causes his body to rise off the floor (ala Fiona transforming in Shrek), but the flesh melts away from his body, and he disintegrates into dust.

Finale: In a chamber below the Vatican, Hope prepares to begin the ceremony that will exterminate any non-believers. Marion will be used as the ritual's sacrifice. As the ritual begins, Indy crashes into the Vatican in a helicopter, racing inside to confront Hope. Hope duels Indy in a swordfight, when Hope impales Indy. He uses Indy as the sacrifice and completes the ritual - when he instead disintegrates. Indy doesn't move as Jock and Sallah take Marion (who grabs Indy's hat) away from the collapsing chamber.

Last shot: At Indiana Jones's memorial service, Marion, Willie, Sallah, Jock, Henry and Short Round say their final goodbyes. Marion puts Indy's hat on the grave and walks away. The final shot is of a mysterious man, in khaki pants and a beat-up leather jacket, taking the fedora and walking off into the sunrise...

1947...and Indy dies. But then KotCS would never have happened!!

Or maybe that was your point...:D

caats

killing Indy and then mysteriously not killing Indy would be so freaking stupid cause it would make no sense

No Ticket

WeAreGoingToDie said:

UHhhhhhhhh.. YEAH.

Yeah. ... Captain Indiana is really going to go over well. :rolleyes: