Warehouse 13

Lance Quazar

Anyone see this new show, which is clearly "inspired" (read: ripped off) from the last scene in "Raiders", even more obviously and shamelessly than "The Librarian" films?

DocWhiskey

I didn't see it but I seen a promo picture for it on a bus I think. The one with 2 people walking into an endless warehouse full of crates. And I just thought "ripoff". But it might be good. Who knows.

IAdventurer01

The show's not bad, but I agree with you about it seeming like the Raider's Warehouse in ads and even in the show. When people asked what I was watching I would reply, "the show about the Raider's Warehouse." It's rather obviously inspired.

DocWhiskey said:
And I just thought "ripoff".
While it's easy to think that, it IS an idea based off of a concept that for the most part is unexplored. It's kind of hard to rip off something that is so undefined.

Le Saboteur

Saw it. Liked it. Plenty of potential, and it will be interesting to see what they do with it.

And if anybody is curious, iTunes is currently giving away the pilot. Yes, that means Free.

Indy's brother

Warehouse 13 pays homage to KOTCS!

I just recorded this off the tv with an iphone (hence the fantastic quality) and uploaded it to my wife's youtube account. Since I don't know how to post videos, here's the link!

(can someone post the vid here, please?):eek:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mqh6f0Pzb7E&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mqh6f0Pzb7E&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

And yeah, you aren't kidding...

Lance Quazar

I heard this show has gotten slightly better, but after that crappy first episode, I never went back. Life is short.

(He said without irony, even though he's posting on an internet discussion forum.)

Indy's brother

Apparently they did an Indiana Jones Episode, anyone here catch it?

When Warehouse 13 first started airing, one of the two things everybody said was, "It's just like the warehouse where Indiana Jones' stuff gets stored." And finally, after two seasons, we get the full-on Indy treatment...and it's awesome. Spoilers below!

500x_warehouse-13---b2.jpg

500x_warehouse-13---b11.jpg

500x_warehouse-13---b6.jpg

Indy's brother

In regards to my previous post, that "Indiana Jones" episode was actually a Lara Croft episode. Complete with the pony tail, outfit, and her grapple. The article I linked above completely missed the mark by referencing Indy instead. Apparently a tomb in egypt is enough to make that claim, or perhaps three booby-traps (LC) was the reason for citing IJ, but I think that may be giving too much credit."Full-on Indy treatment" ? Obviously the author knows very little about Indy. :rolleyes: The Croft stuff was pretty funny to me, though.