If the quality of the first half kept through, would Indy 4 be a huge fanboy hit?

If the first half's quality continued through the end, would Indy 4 be a lot better?

• Yes

Votes: 34 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

Grailseeker

Seeing how the majority of us really enjoyed the first half of the film:
(Warehouse, College, Motorcycle chase, diner, graveyard, minimum CGI)

If the quality of the first half kept through the rest of the film, would this movie receive a lot better reviews from our fanboys?

I believe so at least. I enjoyed that first hour immensely. I was especially surprised I did and even leaned over to a friend and told them I was surprisingly quite enjoying it. I should never have said that. I jinxed everything.

OmegaSeamaster

I totally agree. I hated the fridge scene, but was really into the movie through the time they found the skull. I was so engrossed, when the people behind me started having a running conversation I blurted, "Will you shut the hell up?!? Jesus Christ!!"

After they found the skull though, I thought the movie went straight down the drain. The Russian camp scene is the beginning of the end of Crystal Skull.

Grailseeker

I agree with all of you!

The only thing is that fridge scene...

Whether or not it was crazy, can we at least forgive it once seeing in TOD that Indy dropped 20,000 ft out of a plane on a rubber raft onto a snowy mountain then off a cliff for another 1,000ft into rapids lol...ONE RIDICULOUS MOMENT IS ALLOWED, lol lol

first half was the best!

Grailseeker said:
I agree with all of you!

The only thing is that fridge scene...

Whether or not it was crazy, can we at least forgive it once seeing in TOD that Indy dropped 20,000 ft out of a plane on a rubber raft onto a snowy mountain then off a cliff for another 1,000ft into rapids lol...ONE RIDICULOUS MOMENT IS ALLOWED, lol lol

first half was the best!

Why is this always the argument? Why are people always so ignorant to this being possible? Of course it's unlikely...but watch and learn! Somehow I can't see this being the last time I have to post this.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NODvOx0V57E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NODvOx0V57E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Grailseeker

No one is being ignorant...its just a movie...I was just saying that there's always a crazy death-defying scene in every movie that's all...

please be a little less aggressive on this thread

thanks for the cool video though...please post a video of mythbusters dropping a nuke while in a Frigidaire please, lmao (i love that show)

Grailseeker

from now on anytime I post anything that includes a crazy moment, I'll just reference someones heart being ripped out while still alive...and then wait for a confirmation video that its possible lmao...

Grailseeker said:
from now on anytime I post anything that includes a crazy moment, I'll just reference someones heart being ripped out while still alive...and then wait for a confirmation video that its possible lmao...

Apparently you’re ignorant of the actual definition of ignorance. It means you don't know something, you‘re lacking knowledge. That's not an insult. Plenty of people don't know everything. Your argument said that the raft scene is every bit as unrealistic as the nuclear fridge escape. You didn't know it was achievable, I proved you wrong, hence you were ignorant of it being possible. It’s that simple. If or when I’m proven wrong, I’ll happily admit it. Why can’t others? Why get defensive? It doesn't mean you're stupid. I apologize if you saw it that way.

Somehow I don’t think magnetic skeletal aliens erupting from a Mesoamerican “UFO pyramid” isn’t any more realistic then black magic.

davejames

Grailseeker said:
Seeing how the majority of us really enjoyed the first half of the film:
(Warehouse, College, Motorcycle chase, diner, graveyard, minimum CGI)

If the quality of the first half kept through the rest of the film, would this movie receive a lot better reviews from our fanboys?

Even though the first part of the movie still felt "off" to me somehow (mostly because of the lame dialogue), I still would have been fine with the movie overall if the quality stayed at that same level.

Unfortunately, once they get to Peru, the movie just goes downhill FAST.

Grailseeker

Just answer the question and explain, I don't how many times that video has been posted by people...its getting very old...

I wanted to add that the college scene, diner and motorcycle chase was SO indiana jones, I think that was the best part of the first half if I had to narrow it down

Grailseeker said:
Man I'm tired of people like fishbowlFACE turning threads into " i know it all and you're stupid" discussions, please move to the haters thread please.

I said JUST THE F***ING OPPOSITE! Are you ILLITERATE NOW?

sandiegojones

It's funny, haters can't even agree on what to hate. :D

I also like how posters who've been here a week talk about getting one another banned. I've only been here since Feb., but I'm not so presumptive to think I'm more important than another poster.

Like I said before, If you don't like the film then fine, but it takes more energy to be negative than positive. Plus these boards were nice place to have discussions and now it's no longer fun to be here. I'm noticing the positive posters are vacating these threads to avoid the negativity. (n)

God forbid we like an Indy movie on this site!

Jones_Happens

To answer the original question of this thread...the answer is no! No amount of change could have produced a film that these fans would be happy with. The reason? People were apparently looking for some kind of life-changing experience and, surprise, all they got was a movie!

I love Kingdom just the way it is.

BlackSleep

FishbowlHead23 said:
I believe so at least. I enjoyed that first hour immensely. I was especially surprised I did and even leaned over to a friend and told them I was surprisingly quite enjoying it. I should never have said that. I jinxed everything.

Now we know what happened lol. The real question is this--would the film have been better if the stunts and effects of the latter-half had been done old-school, without CGI? I think so.

James

I think the 50s setting and B movie concept was bound to polarize a certain amount of fans no matter what.