Shia says Indy 5 is 'cracked'

The Man

Wow! Wonderful news! Next up: Warner Bros announce a Dirty Harry reboot with Ashton Kutcher. Cinema, your future is bright...

Hanselation

a prpmotional gag or is Indy 4 be realityl?

IndyForever said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8102103.stm

Yeah its all in an on camera interview filmed yesterday when Shia was here in London he says it around the 1:157-2.00 mark that Spielberg told him before he left for the TF2 worldwide publicity tour that they have cracked the story for Indy 5 so thats about as solid a source as you can get.

As others have said Shia is in the loop being very close to Spielberg so now all we need is to play the waiting game as Lucas & Ford have on many previous interviews said they were up for more Indy.

Spielberg said at Cannes last year only if we the fans want it (most of us want lots more!!!) then Spielberg earlier this year said Indy5 is not right now which meant he is working on other movies. I think that Spielberg knows they have to move soon because getting Ford to do this before he becomes too old for the part is essential as sooner or later Ford will decide on his own when it's time to quit Indy as he is a very proud man and would not want to play Indy past his prime. As long as they start filming within 2-3 years this will be perfect.

Lets speak to Doc Brown and see if he could use his DeLorean to find out for us when this will happen!!!

Nice to hear, nice to see, but I hope it's not just a promotional gag.
The near future will show if Indy 5 will be realized!

TheLastCrusader

As someone pointed out earlier, I'll also always have a soft spot for Indy 4, even though it was a disappointment the first time I saw it. There's still parts in it that I love. And these are the reason I'd love another Indy. Man, this is huge news! I really wonder what we can expect! (y) (y) (y)

Robyn

Pale Horse said:
I agree. But in the sports world, a fumbled ball by the favored team putting them behind in the game with 2 min left makes for great drama.

So true!!(y)

Forbidden Eye

deckard24 said:
I was really hoping for a Labeouf-less fifth film, but if he's the one giving the inside scoop, odds are he's in it.(n)

There could be a chance he has a small role, like Jar-Jar's role became smaller and smaller in Episodes 2 and 3.

Then again, Mutt was no where near as hated as Jar Jar, and the general complaints for KOTCS seem to be the aliens and stupid complaints on small stuff like the fridge. Looking back, I actually think the biggest flaws of the movie was returning Marion and making Mutt Indy's son.

Robyn

Forbidden Eye said:
There could be a chance he has a small role, like Jar-Jar's role became smaller and smaller in Episodes 2 and 3.

Then again, Mutt was no where near as hated as Jar Jar, and the general complaints for KOTCS seem to be the aliens and stupid complaints on small stuff like the fridge. Looking back, I actually think the biggest flaws of the movie was returning Marion and making Mutt Indy's son.

Returning Marion was one of the BEST points!!:rolleyes: In fact most people considered Marion's return one of the highlights of the whole movie.

ronicle said:
Returning Marion was one of the BEST points!!:rolleyes: In fact most people considered Marion's return one of the highlights of the whole movie.

By far one of the worst things they did was to bring her back only to have her with her hands in her pockets and nothing at all to do. I know I'm not alone on that-- I recall it being a common complaint when the film released. She was pointless and it was nothing but sentimental "fan-service" to bring her back to the fray.

Robyn

ResidentAlien said:
By far one of the worst things they did was to bring her back only to have her with her hands in her pockets and nothing at all to do. I know I'm not alone on that-- I recall it being a common complaint when the film released. She was pointless and it was nothing but sentimental "fan-service" to bring her back to the fray.

I totally agree that she was underused and they didn't let her do much of anything but be a driver, but bringing her back was one of the best ideas ever! Marion is what saved the movie for me, if they hadn't of brought her back I wouldn't have bothered with crystal skull, and I'm not the only one who's said that.

Thank goodness now they're married and she has to be Indy's love interest! And now this time they can give her more to do!!

Last edited:

Insomniac

INSOMNIAC:
Raiders: Great
Temple of Doom: Great
Last Crusade: Great
Crystal Skull: Great
Indy 5: ????
Pattern: Yes

It's predicting how good it will be before seeing the movie tht killed Indy 4 for you guys.
Don't judge a Movie by it's Trailer!
If you go in with a truly open mind you will pass your best judgment but I believe it is still easy to get excited over the idea of another shot.

sgttom said:
Hey maybe theirs a pattern here.
Raiders: Good
Temple of Doom: bad
Last Crusade: good
Crystal Skull: bad
Indy 5: Good!!!
Just kidding.

As for movie rating for me as long as it is in your top ten or twenty it should beat the other two hundred movies and should called Good!!!

TheLastCrusader

bennihana123 said:
I actually like Mutt. Just as long as he doesn't become the "replacement" Indiana Jones.
I see potential in Mutt, but I didn't see the need to make him cry in the movie.. That didn't work at all IMO.

iLUVINDY

I hope they make another one, i just love INDY and will take any INDY movie they make. Coming from BBC and Shia himself, I think its a pretty good source and chances are we will see it in theater the summer of 2011. They have always said they wont make another one, if they don't have a good story. By "Cracking" the story, he basically just discovered an awesome story. I'm guessing.... GET READY FOR A 5th INDY ADVENTURE!!! (y) (y)

AlivePoet

ResidentAlien said:

Yep, Marion should only have been brought back if she was a key part of the story, which she was not.

Forbidden Eye

ronicle said:
I totally agree that she was underused and they didn't let her do much of anything but be a driver, but bringing her back was one of the best ideas ever! Marion is what saved the movie for me, if they hadn't of brought her back I wouldn't have bothered with crystal skull, and I'm not the only one who's said that.

Thank goodness now they're married and she has to be Indy's love interest! And now this time they can give her more to do!!

But assuming Indy 5 does get made, he won't have a love intrest(unless its say a prequel) because of his marriage to Marion, which will just make it less like the original trilogy.

If they extend her part and make her a sidekick through-out like Mutt, I personally believe thats pretty lame. One of the best parts of the original trilogy, imo, is that in at least Raiders and Temple he was on completely different adventures with completely different sidekicks. Bringing back sidekicks just gives the whole movie a "been there, done that" feel.

IAdventurer01

I'm happy with the news, though a little confused because I still felt that all chance of V was not worth mentioning.

As for the returning character dispute that's erupted in this thread, I feel that some returning characters would be alright, especially in the obligatory adventure-prep part of the film. However, not too many characters should return or have a MAJOR role unless it's a new character, otherwise the series will continue to live in the past. I think that was KOTCS's few true faults - with the blah return of Marion, rehashed music at places and strict adherence to formula, it focused too much on reminding us how awesome Indy is rather than just showing it.

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/06/1...spielberg-has-cracked-the-next-indiana-jones/

LeBeouf specifically had this to say on the next ?Indiana Jones? flick: ?[Director Steven Spielberg] just said that he cracked the story on it before I left and I think they?re gearing that up.? So we have confirmation at least. I wonder if Ford will reprise the title character in a starring role, or if Indiana will instead be relegated to a high-profile sidelines. I feel pretty certain that he?ll at least pop up, but not so much about him being a central character.

FINALLY - the stores can move all those Mutt action figures!

:whip: