Lego has the rights to Indy 4

Vlad Dracula

Looks like there actually will be Indy Legos.

"During Celebration IV, one of the guys at LEGO wasn't being mindful of the crowds, or more precisely the two ears of said crowd, when he let it slip that they will be producing toys for Lucasfilm's upcoming Indiana Jones IV feature film. While details are a bit sketchy, it is safe to assume that these will be shown later this year. Hats off to trusted CTR friend Nick for the heads up. "

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/story/front/LEGO_Whips_Out_A_New_License_106361.asp

Hopefully they will do sets from the other movies as well.

Finn

Staff member
Katarn07 said:
It's only a matter of time before LEC announces a LEGO Indy game then :D
Raiders of the Lost Brick?

Lego had already rights to make Star Wars toys. Adding Indy IV to the equation seems a very logical step.

Now where are all my other Legos? Ah, the memories...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Finn said:
Now where are all my other Legos?
Kids always eventually dump all their legos in the same box. Their Lego sets a few years from now will be a mixture of Star Wars, Indy, etc.

EvilDevo

Katarn07 said:
It's only a matter of time before LEC announces a LEGO Indy game then :D

Oh, that would be a dream come true
"Lego Indy: The Original Trilogy" + Indy 4
LET'S HOPE (y)

fixer79

I'm really thrilled to hear this...
I'm a big LEGO fan and have quite some Star Wars sets. I've always wondered whether LEGO and Lucasfilm would one day expand their partnership with an Indy line. Sure hope it'll turn out true.

In fact, there has already been a heavily Indy based 'LEGO Adventurers' line from 1998 to 2003, starring a minifigure called Johnny Thunder. Even a small kid could see that Thunder was actually just Indiana with a moustache :)

Check Johnny out and see for yourself:

http://www.adventurers.dk/

I've gathered from a few LEGO forums that most of the LEGO fans aren't too thrilled with this recent rumor. They see the coming of an Indy LEGO line as a threat that could kill of the possibility of a continuation of their beloved Johnny Thunder line. They would actually prefer an expansion of the Johnny line instead of the real thing.
Not me though :)

Also, a lot of LEGO fans are wondering how LEGO would deal with the Nazi swastika symbol in case the line would include sets based on the old Indy movies. I admit that that might be a problem. Imagine little kids sticking their spare swastika stickers from the LEGO zeppelin on school equipment or something. That would indeed raise some eyebrows...
Still, it's not neccesarily unsolvable. They could just replace the swastika with a simple cross, like Factor 5 did thirteen years ago in their Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures game.

Anyway... Long story short, I would love to see a Indy LEGO line. If successful ( and I have no doubt that it will be), it might turn out to be the largest Indy toyline in history. Sure hope so.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
fixer79 said:
They could just replace the swastika with a simple cross, like Factor 5 did thirteen years ago in their Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures game.
I believe the stunt show in Orlando does the same.

fixer79

Moedred said:
I believe the stunt show in Orlando does the same.

I didn't know that, Moedred... It's very well possible. It just seems the logical thing to do.

They could even use the double X's as in Chaplin's The Great Dictator. ;)

The word 'Nazi' doesn't even have to be used. Wouldn't see why... Even if they would make a 'Star Wars LEGO'-like video game based on their Indy LEGO line, the characters in the cutscenes don't talk anyway.