I've been digging....

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
And this is what I found...
Indiana Jones 4 (at least as we know it) may have a name!
But I will get to that later.

First I will tell you all that my network has come through for me. :) I have received news about the possible release date for Indy 4, back in 1999 it was slated for a late 2002 release, but because of SW and other movies the production date was moved to............2005. GASP! I don't think I can wait that long! NEVER FEAR! What was also communicated to me is that they (GL & SS) may be able to do bits and pieces when they are able, an we may see this film as soon as 2003. Now mind you this isn't set in stone, and things can change quickly....I mean Raiders was made between SW films. So don't give up hope yet.

Second, about the title. This is still unconfirmed, but I thought I would pass it along:
Indiana Jones and the Lost Continent
Sound familiar? It may, it was one of the possible story lines for along time, did it win? Who knows, maybe we can see a movie sooner than we hoped.

Thats all folks..............for now. ;)

DigitalMan

Re: 2003

I would say that it is *extremely* likely. In fact, there is only one thing (as it stands today) that could hold it up, but the probability of this situation actually occurring is very small.

If you keep digging, you should be able to find out what it is. When you find out the relevant details and think about it logically, it will hit you like the the "X marks the spot" from the Last Crusade. ;)

Re: the title

I do not know if this is legit. . . yet.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Re:Title

I've been doing some thinking...Disney is putting out a new picture this summer Atlantis: The Lost Empire, anyway the idea of Indy going after something thats been done by someone else is kinda illogical. Get my drift?
Its ok for 8 or 10 years to seperate a movies that are similar (in terms like that) but 2-4 is kinda early, I wonder what that means for the script and such.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Because so many of you keep asking questions about the Indy 4 movie, I thought I would "raise-up" some older posts.

S

Shipwreck

Well....

Aaron H., you amaze me more every day. I appreciate the time and efforts that the staff of TheRaider.net put into this site. The work and the site are very good! Next, I have a personal opinion about a possible I 4 that others may not like, but it may be realistic. Harrison Ford, as we all know, would love to do another Indy. I believe he has even stated that Indy was his favorite character. But the constant pushing back of the "actual filming," etc., leads me to believe that Ford may be forced to turn it down. A friend was saying that he watched an interview with Ford shortly after Six Days and Seven Nights came out. In it he said Ford commented about doing a possible reprisal of Indy. He said he really wanted to but he was worried about whether he could. He commented that his body may not handle another role as Indy because it was so demanding. I really want a new movie. But I personaly think, with no offense to Ford, that even if stunt men were provided for every stunt required, that Ford would still have a daunting task, physically, to perform as Jones. But, alas, we must wait. As for Sean Connery reprising his role, I don't know. After seeing him in Finding Forrester, I got the impression that he isn't getting around like he used to either. In closing, I fear that TIME may be a serious obstacle to a future Indy. This time, makeup and video tape may not matter. But only TIME will tell.

Indy 4

Okay, maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but I'm willing to make a bet that Indiana Jones 4 may be out either in 2003 or 2004. Yes, I said IT! I think after reading Aaron's statement that will possibly being another Indy film in in the next year or so. Heres to hoping that it is true. :D

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Greg...if I were to tell you where I learn my info from, I will have to kill you, and you wouldn't want that to happen.
You just gotta trust me.

Onya

Aaron H said:
if I were to tell you where I learn my info from, I will have to kill you, and you wouldn't want that to happen.
You just gotta trust me.

Isn't that line from "Sneakers" or something? ;)

Tequileros

Ok ok, I'm going to say something. At the release of IM I saw something in a games magazine that Harrison said that he is on the screen in about 5 years Indy style. Well, we've waited those 5 years.

Second is that at the back of FoA it clearly sais 'This movie was not in the cinema's' so I dunno of that something means.. Also, I've heard that the team of IM wanted some things in their game, but they couldn't put it in it because Lucas' team probarly wanted to put in a 'possible' Indy 4 movie.

As a reply at Aaron's post I saw the title maybe is going to be 'The Lost Continent'.. Well, maybe this is a little twist, and isn't what we are thinking (Atlantis) but maybe the Garden of Eden, or even an inner world. There are a lot of possibilities with a continent so don't think it's about Atlantis.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
*sigh* *sigh* only god knows...or aaron!!?
..aaron! one day PLEASE let us know all these things you aren`t telling us now...

Tequileros

Aaron H said:
Greg...if I were to tell you where I learn my info from, I will have to kill you, and you wouldn't want that to happen.
You just gotta trust me.

Hey Aaron.. Please tell me where you got your info from... I think it's way to expensive for ya to buy a airplane ticket first, change your money into Euro's and then get a trainticket from Schiphol to my secret place.

By the way.. I think you couldn't get here with a gun ;)