Pale Horse (and bride) are expecting their first

Pale Horse

Staff member
That's right, we're pregnant.

But so this thread doesn't turn into a whole "we're so happy for you" debacle, we are taking ideas for names. It has to go with Smith. :)

Copper is an option. And please, specify the sex too, as there is a trend for cross naming these days.

Remember, we are going for cool, so get creative....

westford

Smith, eh? So you mean your name isn't really Mr Horse? :p

Congrats to you both! :D

I think Phoenix is a cool name (for a boy), but that might be cos I've been playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney again...

As Tonto said to The Lone Ranger, "Who's "WE", paleface?"

LOL

Congrats.... Good friends of mine just had their first on Sunday...

As for names, without knowing you and her in real life, I'd never presume to even suggest.

All the best to ya's!

Canyon

Pale Horse said:
That's right, we're pregnant.

But so this thread doesn't turn into a whole "we're so happy for you" debacle, we are taking ideas for names. It has to go with Smith. :)

Copper is an option. And please, specify the sex too, as there is a trend for cross naming these days.

Remember, we are going for cool, so get creative....

So you mean I'm not allowed to say
th_congrats.gif
? :D

So you want me to suggest a name eh? How about Indiana? :p Seriously though, a favourite name of mine is Jordan (I believe this can be used either as a girls or boy's name) - although I'm not sure if it goes with Smith or not...

..........and congratulations once more! :hat:

Indy Benson

Congrats.
Everybody is trying to name their kid something different these days. Be original...name it something old school (like John). ;)

Copper? Do you want the kid to get beaten up at school? ;)

The friends I mentioned above went with "Declan Michael".... a good sensible name...

The sister of another friend of mine recently had a baby.... They named him... get this...

"Carmel Etienne"... so evidently they want him to grow up, change his gender and dance around a brass pole for a living.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Agent Smith? Or, why not dig back in the family trees a few generations and revive a classic. Honor someone with an interesting bio. That's how I got mine.

What are you doing up at 4am? Wait, stupid question. Enjoy the uninterrupted nights while you can...

Joe Brody

Congrats and good luck . . .

I agree -- stay away from odd first names and stick to normal ones. My attempt to name a boy 'Vlad the Impaler' never gained traction.

Middle names are more fun. We went with:
Greer
Haven, and
Madox (for Ford Madox Ford)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I've always liked the name Aaron for some reason....hmmmmm.
My Top Five:
Craig
Keegan
Abner
Arthur
James

Pale Horse

Staff member
According to a book out called COOL MANES

The top 5 girls names are:
Alexis
Abigail
Olivia
Emma
Jasmine

Boys are
Tyler
Dillon
Christian
Zachary
Ethan

Sawyer and Tabitha are interesting to us...

Indy Benson

According to a book out called COOL MANES

Manes?
You're looking in the wrong book, PH. You want to look in a book about names, not haircuts. ;)

PLEASE don't name your kid Tyler. I swear, I must know about 20 couples that names their kid tha name. It's way too common nowadays.

westford

Indy Benson said:
Manes?
You're looking in the wrong book, PH. You want to look in a book about names, not haircuts. ;)
He's just sharing his inner horsiness with us.

Refridgerator Smith - that's pretty cool, no? :p

Top 5 baby names in the UK last year were:

Girls - Jessica, Emily, Sophie, Olivia, Chloe
Boys - Jack, Joshua, Thomas, James, Oliver

Only thing is, if you call your kid any of the top names of the year, when they go to school they will be surrounded by other Jack's/Jessica's, etc.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Indy Benson said:
Manes?

PLEASE don't name your kid Tyler. I swear, I must know about 20 couples that names their kid tha name. It's way too common nowadays.
His name is Pale Horse, afterall.

IAdventurer01

Boy: Martin. Why? I have no idea.
Girl: Abigail. Again, I haven't a clue.

No, that's a lie. I think both sound good with "Smith."

Congrats, by the way. :D

Kezia

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! :D
What about Macee? Some people think it sounds girly... but I always thought it would be an awesome name for a baby boy!

Pale Horse

Staff member
IAdventurer01 said:
Boy: Martin. Why? I have no idea.
Girl: Abigail. Again, I haven't a clue.

No, that's a lie. I think both sound good with "Smith."

Congrats, by the way. :D

Abigail Smith, First Lady....It does have a ring to it, to be sure.