TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 07-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #76
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
When I first saw Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade I thought Indy's university was the same one from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

yeh me too. why is that?
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 02:09 PM   #77
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

Probably because there isn't a lot (in immediate evidence, anyway) to suggest it isn't the same university in both movies.
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #78
Uki
IndyFan

It makes you wonder why they didn't just say that it was Marshall College. I didn't know the difference back then either, and I'm certrain most casual viewers don't.
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 AM   #79
Coronado
IndyFan

It's a different university? What? When? How? Where? What?

-Coronado?
Coronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:00 PM   #80
Laserschwert
IndyFan

Actually I've never quite got the drinking "contest" between Marion and Belloq... especially his "I grew up with it" confuses me. Does it imply, that he can hold his drink (i.e. drink a lot of it without getting drunk)? Because I still can't make out if Marion's plan to make him drunk (to be able to escape) would've worked (if Thot didn't interrupt the scene).
Laserschwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:17 PM   #81
indythecat
IndyFan

When I was a kid I thought that Short Round was Wu Han's son, and that's why Indy took care of him. Then I became old enough to actually listen to the dialogue and not just watch the "cool actiony" parts. In retrospect I should have questioned why Short Round didn't seem too upset to be "newly" orphaned.
indythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #82
michael
IndyFan

Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Like many others, I also thought Indy and his dad could live forever.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #83
Coronado
IndyFan

In ToD, I thought the fingers on the statue were chilis...

-Coronado
Coronado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #84
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael

Yep, my assumption too - for quite some time...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 05:39 AM   #85
Benraianajones
IndyFan

I never got the impression Indy and his dad would live for a long time after drinking from the grail - one misconception I never had!
Benraianajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #86
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael

I always thought that it was a Spielberg/Lucas vehicle for being able to jump ahead in time if they'd made a follow up to LC within a couple of years. I.e. they could have jumped ahead to the 1950's, 60's and 70's with an explanation as to why Indy and Henry Jones Snr. didn't age.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #87
Von Stalhein
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooshmeister
However..... while Rob MacGregor's novel doesn't mention any reaction from Vogel in this scene, it does, earlier, have Vogel be severely upset with Indy for shooting his men in Henry's room at the castle, so him being pissed about having to blast a car full of his guys to bits and then run them over wasn't too far off the mark after all.
He was not forced to destroy the car at all, let alone run it over. He could just well have had the tank stopped to then remove ther car.
Von Stalhein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #88
Finn

Exclamation Mod note

Von Stalhein, please stop reviving age-old threads unless there are new developments to the subjects. Some of the people whose posts you have commented lately haven't even been around in a while.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #89
wolfgang
IndyFan

I did not get that the beginning of Last Crusade was Young Indy, even though his friend calls him Indiana, and even if the mailbox says Jones, or even if Harrison's face shows up right after he is given the hat. Si I didn't get it much until some time....then after learning that he was young Indy I loved it, and started watching it more, until it just became my favorite!
wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #90
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang
I did not get that the beginning of Last Crusade was Young Indy, even though his friend calls him Indiana, and even if the mailbox says Jones, or even if Harrison's face shows up right after he is given the hat. Si I didn't get it much until some time....then after learning that he was young Indy I loved it, and started watching it more, until it just became my favorite!

You didn't know that it was young Indy? Until I read this thread I never heard anyone say that!

Quote:
In ToD, I thought the fingers on the statue were chilis...

-Coronado

My sis thought they were hotdogs! LOL
Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #91
wolfgang
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronicle
You didn't know that it was young Indy? Until I read this thread I never heard anyone say that!

Leave me alone! I was a kid!!....I had some trouble with the english language and still kinda do. (Cries.). Muahahahaha!!! I was a child! I was in love!.....Okay never mind. But yeah, i really did not get it until some time later. Then I got to LOVE it. And I still do. Sure, he gets phobia, whip, scar and hat in ust one day.....but hey! At least we still don't know how he got his leather jacket!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 PM   #92
Robyn
IndyFan

Quote:
Leave me alone! I was a kid!!....I had some trouble with the english language and still kinda do. (Cries.). Muahahahaha!!! I was a child! I was in love!.....Okay never mind. But yeah, i really did not get it until some time later. Then I got to LOVE it. And I still do. Sure, he gets phobia, whip, scar and hat in ust one day.....but hey! At least we still don't know how he got his leather jacket!

Hey that's ok, when I was a kid I thought the Folgers coffee commercial was about "soldiers in your cup" LOL

"The best part of waking up, is soldiers in your cup!"

You're right though, it is weird that a lot of Indy's life style is defined in one day! But it is a fun beginning!
Robyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #93
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Sure, he gets phobia, whip, scar and hat in ust one day.....but hey! At least we still don't know how he got his leather jacket!

He "stole" an artifact the next day and when that treasure hunter caught him he gave him his jacket. Turns out Indy's not into artifacts at all. He just steals them to see if he could get any free swag for them.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:21 PM   #94
wolfgang
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
He "stole" an artifact the next day and when that treasure hunter caught him he gave him his jacket. Turns out Indy's not into artifacts at all. He just steals them to see if he could get any free swag for them.

Yes, I was also getting that impression. I even heard that the next day he stole Scrooge's treasure and he was given the revolver!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:55 PM   #95
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Bingo
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #96
DrJones35
IndyFan

I thought there was one Indy film, so as a kid the only one I had was TOD and I kept waiting for the giant boulder to chase him....
DrJones35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #97
wolfgang
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJones35
I thought there was one Indy film, so as a kid the only one I had was TOD and I kept waiting for the giant boulder to chase him....

Haha, its funny because that was the part I wanted to see the most, since it is the most famous. But when I first saw them, I rented them and saw LD, ToD and lastly Raiders. Ten when the boulder scene happens I was like "That's it? Its pretty short..."
Old 04-09-2009, 03:28 PM   #98
Morning Bell
IndyFan

When I first saw LC as a child I thought Fedora was Indy and I remember being disappointed because it wasn't "the same guy who played Indy in the other films." Fortunately that got straightened out pretty quickly.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #99
Mephisto
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Von Stalhein, please stop reviving age-old threads unless there are new developments to the subjects. Some of the people whose posts you have commented lately haven't even been around in a while.

I'm not going to lie, this is one thread I am happy got bumped. I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. It was hysterical. I laughed so hard about some of the misconceptions. Many of which are easily understandable when you are a kid, but funny non the less.
Mephisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #100
Dark Horse
IndyFan

Until yesterday, I always thought that was Toht on the plane to Tibet with Indy.
Dark Horse is offline   Reply With Quote