Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #126
Errex
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenciaGrail

For the longest time, I thought the line "Adios Satipo" was "Adios Stupido" until I looked at the DVD subtitles.

That happened to me too!. It kinda established pretty early in the film that Indy was a rather mean guy, an impression only reinforced later in the movie when he kind of admits he'd been a jerk to Marion and later still when he (unsporting-like) shoots the Cairo Swordman. It speaks volumes about Ford's charisma that all these apparent gaffes are pretty much forgotten during the rest of the movie.
Errex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #127
kongisking
IndyFan

They never did tell the audience that the sherpa Indy is attacked by in the Raven fight is one of Marion's servants mistaking him for an enemy. I always thought he was just another one of Toht's goons (maybe he arrived late!). I only discovered the real story when reading the novelization, and it really annoyed me that there was no hint of this in the finished film.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 10:50 PM   #128
Insomniac
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
They never did tell the audience that the sherpa Indy is attacked by in the Raven fight is one of Marion's servants mistaking him for an enemy. I always thought he was just another one of Toht's goons (maybe he arrived late!). I only discovered the real story when reading the novelization, and it really annoyed me that there was no hint of this in the finished film.
Whoa really.
Ya learn something every day thanks!
Insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:28 PM   #129
Zeppelin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Detritch
I also thought that Belloq wasn't at the Ark ritual at the end. I thought that the man in the robes was their 'boss' conducting the ritual. Only half way into it I relised, thats Belloq (I was young though).

I did the same thing. I guess he just looked...different in the robes getup.
Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 02:02 AM   #130
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin
I did the same thing. I guess he just looked...different in the robes getup.

Those robes made him look fat.

Yeah, it took me a few years to realize that it was Belloq too. Hey, I was 4!
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:35 AM   #131
michael
IndyFan

Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
Here's one I had when I was a kid, after seeing Temple of Doom

After Indy is forced to drink the blood of Kali, and he goes through the pain of it taking over his body and mind, he gets up and is grinning --- I thought he was faking it!
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:40 AM   #132
JCC1004
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I also thought that the Maharajah was a girl. I thought this up to a few years ago.
Same here. Some of your have seen my Henry sr. topic. I guess that counts as one too.
JCC1004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #133
JCC1004
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07

Lastly, I got in trouble in school for drawing a swastika in 1st grade. I didn't know what it meant. I told them that it was a scene from Indiana Jones! lol
I bet you were getting looks from adults for a while. I accidently ficked the bird in the first grade. I had no clue what I did. It figures some punk black kid knew what I did. The your teacher treat you like crap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBickle
I thought the Shankara stones were potatoes.
Funniest one I've seen!
Old 08-24-2009, 11:14 AM   #134
Zeppelin
IndyFan

First time I watched Raiders, the scene on the ship where Marion hits Indy with the mirror: you hear a loud gunshot-type sound along with a scream. For a second, I was like, "did he just get shot or something?"
Old 08-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #135
JCC1004
IndyFan

Katarn07, when I was in first gade i wanted a wallet and my dad was making a paper one and he ask me what I wanted on it. Next thing I knew my dad was calling me neo Nazi and that pissed my mom off.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:33 PM   #136
Team Indy
IndyFan

I didn't know Temple of Doom was a prequel to Raiders until I read this very thread.

I didn't know Toht had a name until I browsed this website's forums.

I didn't know what Dietrich's name was, either, until today, when I was looking at a "Who would win in a fight, Deitrich, Vogel, or Dovchenko" thread?

Likewise, I didn't know what Vogel's name was until recently. My brain must've been turned off when they mentioned his name in LC and the novelization, or else I just forgot it.

A long time ago, I didn't even know that Harrison Ford starred in both the Indy series and the Star Wars trilogy. This was because I didn't grow up with the Indy series, and only watched Raiders once when I was nine. My memories were vague, and I remembered Indy being played by a completely different actor than Harrison Ford. From what I recalled, he sounded too serious and deadpan to be Ford.
Team Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #137
Zeppelin
IndyFan

Is Vogel's name ever actually mentioned in Last Crusade? I can't remember.

The prequel thing took me by surprise first time I watched Temple. 1935? So it's before Raiders? I wondered why they did that.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #138
Team Indy
IndyFan

Quote:
Is Vogel's name ever actually mentioned in Last Crusade? I can't remember.

Yes, I'm sure Elsa or another Nazi soldier or officer addressed him as "Colonel Vogel" at some point during the movie. It'd only make sense.

Quote:
The prequel thing took me by surprise first time I watched Temple. 1935? So it's before Raiders? I wondered why they did that.

I have no idea. You'd think they'd make Temple before Raiders so as to not cause confusion. Then again, if Marion was in Temple, saving the day would've been too easy, so they had to add a witless bimbo in order to create more suspense. Just a theory.
Team Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #139
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Indy
Yes, I'm sure Elsa or another Nazi soldier or officer addressed him as "Colonel Vogel" at some point during the movie. It'd only make sense.

I have no idea. You'd think they'd make Temple before Raiders so as to not cause confusion. Then again, if Marion was in Temple, saving the day would've been too easy, so they had to add a witless bimbo in order to create more suspense. Just a theory.

Yeah, Marion did soooo much in the Well of the Souls.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #140
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Yeah, Marion did soooo much in the Well of the Souls.

Or the time she got locked in the cockpit of the flying wing...
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #141
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Or the time she got locked in the cockpit of the flying wing...

Or the time Toht was gonna sear her eye out.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #142
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryKing
As a child, while watching "Raiders" - and for many years afterwards - I was sure that Junior managed to sneak onto the submarine and pretend to be a crewman. There is a Fordish officer in a white sweater visible during the submarine scenes, and all the time I assumed it was Junior, who had killed a crewman and impersonated him throughout the journey.

All of which would, in fact, certainly make much more sense than sitting on top of an U-Boot for days.

I thought the same thing!!! High Five
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:58 AM   #143
Johnny Nys
IndyFan

I thought the same as well at one time. Then when I saw Raiders again a few weeks ago, I paid special attention to that and it looked like white sweater guy appears before Indy comes out of the water and climbs onto the sub.
Johnny Nys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #144
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:

Watch the DVD. Lucas and the IceBerg wanted to continue their theme of Indy being the cinematic son of James Bond by having a new love interest in each movie. And since they knew full well nobody would have believed that Marion hadn't stuck with Indy, judging from Raiders' ending with their renewed relationship...voila! A prequel was born!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
I thought the same thing!!! High Five

Indeed, that fellow looks extraordinarily like Harrison.

Sorry, I double-posted. Damn!

Last edited by Attila the Professor : 08-27-2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: In the 5 minute range, and still no edit? Shame.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #145
Rocket Surgeon

Quote:
Or the time Toht was gonna sear her eye out.

...or the time when she threw Indy's gun out the window! But that's partially Indy's fault.

OH! you're talking about...
Rocket Surgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 03:51 AM   #146
MaverickKing
IndyFan

Before I'd seen The Last Crusade, there was a preview for the entire trilogy entire on TV. It had Indy and Sallah lifting up the Ark... Indy taking the Sankara Stones... and then Indy scooping the rock off the ground to use in the tank fight. So I assumed that was the artefact in the movie.
MaverickKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #147
Zeppelin
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
Watch the DVD. Lucas and the IceBerg wanted to continue their theme of Indy being the cinematic son of James Bond by having a new love interest in each movie. And since they knew full well nobody would have believed that Marion hadn't stuck with Indy, judging from Raiders' ending with their renewed relationship...voila! A prequel was born!

Yeah, I found that out later on...it makes sense, I guess. Although it implies that Indy and Willie must've broken up between films...maybe he got tired of her whining? And what happened to Shortie, he get put in an orphanage or something?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #148
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeah, I found that out later on...it makes sense, I guess. Although it implies that Indy and Willie must've broken up between films...maybe he got tired of her whining? And what happened to Shortie, he get put in an orphanage or something?

in the marvel comics series shorty is in a private school that indy put him in ---
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:59 PM   #149
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeah, I found that out later on...it makes sense, I guess. Although it implies that Indy and Willie must've broken up between films...maybe he got tired of her whining?

That's exactly what Steven and George were thinking. This is why they made Willie a noisy and unhelpful person, so that people would easily believe that these two ditched each other at some point between TOD and Raiders. It was never going to work out between them; they were just too different. So the filmmakers totally knew what they were doing when they dreamt up Willie Scott.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #150
Meerkat
IndyFan

I originally thought ToD was the third movie in the series, because that was the order I watched the first three in- RotLA, LC and ToD. (Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid. xD)

And about Willie? ANYONE would get tired of her whining. :P Except maybe Lao Che- why'd you think he kept her around for so long?
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote