Let's Write Indiana Jones 5

Spurlock

Hi everyone, haven't really been active, but I just made a poll on Moviepilot where I'll be taking general aspects of the series and seeing what everyone wants as a group.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/06...ound-1492066?lt_source=external,manual#!447J6

It's just starting now, so it's still very general, but as we go along, it'll get more in depth. The link is up there for anyone interested, and please comment with suggestions for more in-depth categories, settings, macguffins, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy's brother

Well, based on the results of this poll I did a while back, fans that responded would like a biblical artifact. Of course, anyone that follows the link and hasn't voted still can, and sway the result if you choose.

Spurlock

Indy's brother said:
Well, based on the results of this poll I did a while back, fans that responded would like a biblical artifact. Of course, anyone that follows the link and hasn't voted still can, and sway the result if you choose.
Can't say I didn't see that coming, I just didn't want to make that assumption.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indy's brother said:

Eh, the plurality was for a Biblical artifact, but the majority was non-Biblical, once you combine the "other religion" and "not of this earth" respondents.

Spurlock

Well, I surprisingly received the most votes for a supernatural artifact, so I guess we don't really want a biblical MacGuffin.

Posted the second round, plus commentary on last rounds results.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/07/06/let-s-write-indiana-jones-5-specified-foundation-round-1678651?lt_source=external,manual#!9a9ft

kongisking

I do wish there wasn't the constant subtle (and sometimes unsubtle) disdain for KOTCS throughout these polls. Kinda spoils the fun of it when you're always feeling irked at the unspoken feeling of "of COURSE Crystal Skull was trash, didn'tcha know? Everybody knows that! Get with the program, runt!"

You know what, never mind. I'll shut up and be a nice kid.

Spurlock

It's not constant disdain, it's more of an acknowledgement that KOTCS wasn't everyone's favorite and most found it to be the worst of the bunch. So you'd understand my surprise when so many choose things similar to that film as opposed to other, more appreciated films in the series.

kongisking

Spurlock said:
It's not constant disdain, it's more of an acknowledgement that KOTCS wasn't everyone's favorite and most found it to be the worst of the bunch. So you'd understand my surprise when so many choose things similar to that film as opposed to other, more appreciated films in the series.

Which is probably great evidence that deep down, fans didn't hate it for its elements. They hated it for its execution of said elements. Which I think is much more reasonable than the foolish "aliens don't belong in Indy!" or "Indy has a son? Wrist-slitting time!" reactions.

I admit I overreacted a bit. Understand, that when seemingly every single article on the Internet concerning Indy 5 has at least one backhanded insult toward KOTCS...it gets very exhausting, and my patience is quite thin with this topic, given how relentless the hate for the movie is.

kongisking

My choices were to see an archaeologist working with cultists, because I think that's an interesting dynamic not seen yet in the movies. A man who's dedicated to preserving history with physical evidence, operating with a fanatical cult more interested in nebulous 'faith' and dogma? There could be cool butting-of-ideological-heads there.

And yes, bring Mr. Round back.

Spurlock

kongisking said:
My choices were to see an archaeologist working with cultists, because I think that's an interesting dynamic not seen yet in the movies. A man who's dedicated to preserving history with physical evidence, operating with a fanatical cult more interested in nebulous 'faith' and dogma? There could be cool butting-of-ideological-heads there.

And yes, bring Mr. Round back.

Yeah, I liked that option too, like Donovan in Crusade, but by the end he could be driven mad and side with the cult or something.

I always imagined Short Round returning later, maybe becoming an archaeologist himself and calling upon Jones for help.