What has the world come to?

JP Jones

Forbidden Eye said:
Well I certainly can't speak for Ben Mankowitz, but having seen lists that actually gave it "#1" on worst of the year lists, I think they all know(and even stated) that Kingdom is a far superior and more worth-wild film than Disaster Movie, Meet the Spartans, Hottie and the Nottie etc. but they never expected any of those movies to be good in the first place. They looked horrible and the delivered (it would've been noteworthy if they weren't). But everyone was expecting Indiana Jones to be great. Everyone had high expectations, some a little too high, so therefore, they really were ranking the most disappointing movies. I think all those people who ranked Kingdom that way were expecting something as relevant and influential as Raiders of the Lost Ark, which obviously, was very unrealistic. Most of them probably didn't even give it another chance.

For my money, Kingdom is a far better movie than Quantum of Solace was. That was the biggest disappointment of 2008 for me. Still, I would at least admit it really doesn't belong on a "worst" list.
Everyone talks about expectations when it comes to this movie. i had very high expectations,and i don't complain about this movie. I wanted to see one with amazing action, awesome story, and good acting. for those were dissapointed That this doesn't "feel" like Indiana Jones I don't know what to tell them. Now as for being not only on the worst list but in the #1 spot, that's totally outragous.
It got there because it was "disapointing" but for it belongs on the best list because it was anything but.:)

mr.kotcs said:
Well sorry residentalien it's just a topic that upsets me and I never got a chance to tell people. if i upset you i upset you. not my problem.

Go find a topic actually worth getting upset over. Indignation that people have *gasp!* differing opinions *GASP!* is what's really appalling. Usher in the fascist state!

And *lol* "a movie of this caliber." BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

JP Jones

ResidentAlien said:
Go find a topic actually worth getting upset over. Indignation that people have *gasp!* differing opinions *GASP!* is what's really appalling. Usher in the fascist state!

And *lol* "a movie of this caliber." BEST MOVIE EVER!!!
I'm not stupid I know that some people liked it and some people didn't.It's just the people who didn't like it were louder. So now it's generally hated by the public. You'd be upset if EVERYONE hailed it as a masterpiece. Hopefully you see where I'm coming from. and who said anything about best movie ever the action would probably put it on #9 best of 08. Not much to ask ,just not #1 worst.

Last edited:
mr.kotcs said:
I'm not stupid I know that some people liked it and some people didn't.It's just the people who didn't like it were louder. So now it's generally hated by the public. You'd be upset if EVERYONE hailed it as a masterpiece. Hopefully you see where I'm coming from.

No, no I do not see where you're coming from. Because all you're doing is whining like a pathetic child. Someone said something bad, boohoo.

Sticks and goddamn stones.

IT IS JUST A MOVIE. Who cares if the public "generally hates it"? What does that have to do with anything? You say you know that people didn't like it-- that's NOTHING to get upset over. It's their right. Just as it's the right of the majority (which is itself undefinable and unquantifiable) to dislike it.

I'd be upset if "everyone" (a bold, rash, stupidly hyperbolic statement) hailed the movie? No, no I certainly would not. Speak for yourself. You may be a reactionary child, I am not. I have a real life with real problems and I haven't time to get all up in arms because some idiots thought a poorly made film was a "masterpiece." Good for them.

I do have a few minutes to sling some vitriol your way, though. ;)

JP Jones

ResidentAlien said:
No, no I do not see where you're coming from. Because all you're doing is whining like a pathetic child. Someone said something bad, boohoo.

Sticks and goddamn stones.

IT IS JUST A MOVIE. Who cares if the public "generally hates it"? What does that have to do with anything? You say you know that people didn't like it-- that's NOTHING to get upset over. It's their right. Just as it's the right of the majority (which is itself undefinable and unquantifiable) to dislike it.

I'd be upset if "everyone" (a bold, rash, stupidly hyperbolic statement) hailed the movie? No, no I certainly would not. Speak for yourself. You may be a reactionary child, I am not. I have a real life with real problems and I haven't time to get all up in arms because some idiots thought a poorly made film was a "masterpiece." Good for them.

I do have a few minutes to sling some vitriol your way, though. ;)
It's a very good movie that ended up getting an awful reputation. now you stop YOUR whining.

Talk about the pot and the f-ing Kettle!

ResidentAlien said:

Can you really read the next quote without putting your head in your hands?

ResidentAlien said:
No, no I do not see where you're coming from. Because all you're doing is whining like a pathetic child. Someone said something bad, boohoo.Sticks and goddamn stones.IT IS JUST A MOVIE. Who cares if the public "generally hates it"? What does that have to do with anything? You say you know that people didn't like it-- that's NOTHING to get upset over. It's their right. Just as it's the right of the majority (which is itself undefinable and unquantifiable) to dislike it.I'd be upset if "everyone" (a bold, rash, stupidly hyperbolic statement) hailed the movie? No, no I certainly would not. Speak for yourself. You may be a reactionary child, I am not. I have a real life with real problems and I haven't time to get all up in arms because some idiots thought a poorly made film was a "masterpiece." Good for them.I do have a few minutes to sling some vitriol your way, though. ;)

Wow...maybe take your own advice, or at least say something funny. If only the majority of your responses didn't turn threads into your own personal enormous sopping tampons...(y)

mr.kotcs said:
It's a very good movie that ended up getting an awful reputation. now you stop YOUR whining.

I guess we all have to learn our own way...

mr.kotcs said:

Irony so thick that you could slice it with a knife.

Yes mien fuhrer! I vill stop mien vhining!

How ****ed up you are! :D

JP Jones

ResidentAlien said:
Irony so thick that you could slice it with a knife.

Yes mien fuhrer! I vill stop mien vhining!

How ****ed up you are! :D
If you don't want to listen to me get off the damn thread

JP Jones

ResidentAlien said:
Fire the ovens-- mr.kocks wants to exercise his strong-arm!

i'm fine with a little bickering but now your just poetically making fun of me. I'm probably older than you so just stop it.(Was mr.Kocks a joke?(n) )

mr.kotcs said:
i'm fine with a little bickering but now your just poetically making fun of me. I'm probably older than you so just stop it.(Was mr.Kocks a joke?(n) )

Older? Maybe. But certainly not smarter.

Don't make yourself a target. You've already exhibited a legacy of intolerance toward dissenting opinion and then attempted with fascistic gusto to repress said opinions. You're opening yourself up to ridicule; this is a forum after all, a place for the free exchange of ideas. And who are you to come in and say what ideas are and are not to be freely exchanged?

JP Jones

ResidentAlien said:
Older? Maybe. But certainly not smarter.

Don't make yourself a target. You've already exhibited a legacy of intolerance toward dissenting opinion and then attempted with fascistic gusto to repress said opinions. You're opening yourself up to ridicule; this is a forum after all, a place for the free exchange of ideas. And who are you to come in and say what ideas are and are not to be freely exchanged?
your a perfect example of an *******. In the words of Dovchenco"For the love of God, Shut the hell up!!!!"

mr.kotcs said:
your a perfect example of an *******. In the words of Dovchenco"For the love of God, Shut the hell up!!!!"

And now you're quoting a fictional soldier of a communist state. What is it with you and the repression of free ideas?

You sir are a royal tool. (y)

JP Jones

ResidentAlien said:
And now you're quoting a fictional soldier of a communist state. What is it with you and the repression of free ideas?

You sir are a royal tool. (y)
Your my best friend right now(y)

P.S.
"take a chill pill"-Mama kotcs

mr.kotcs said:
Your my best friend right now(y)

P.S.
"take a chill pill"-Mama kotcs

Your vs you're

Your - possessive

You're - contraction of YOU ARE

Read a book. And stop worrying about what other people think of some second-rate movie.

Robyn

Dr.Jonesy said:
You're not too articulate yourself if you have to be rude to every other poster here.

Don't talk down to the new guy. You need to get off the high horse.

And please refrain from making yourself look bad by calling someone a "N00bie".

Give the guy a break.

He doesn't understand the concept of not being rude...:rolleyes:

The Drifter

Told ya this topic would heat up!
Also, You'll all come to like ResidentAlien. I know that I have. I find his posts amusing.

And, none of that was meant as sarcasm.

Robyn

ResidentAlien said:
Your vs you're

Your - possessive

You're - contraction of YOU ARE

Read a book. And stop worrying about what other people think of some second-rate movie.

Why don't you take your own advice, yes this is a message board, so why are you telling him what he can and can't discuss about kotcs? And you had to mention the fact that he accidentally mixed up your and you're?? Good grief lol

ronicle said:
Why don't you take your own advice, yes this is a message board, so why are you telling him what he can and can't discuss about kotcs? And you had to mention the fact that he accidentally mixed up your and you're?? Good grief lol

I know you hate me, babe-- all fine by me. But do not misrepresent my words.

I have never one repressed anyone's ability to speak out on an issue. I have noted the irony of speaking out against speaking out. That you can't note the difference is perhaps a testament to your blind vitriol toward me.

ResidentAlien said:
I know you hate me, babe-- all fine by me. But do not misrepresent my words.I have never one repressed anyone's ability to speak out on an issue. I have noted the irony of speaking out against speaking out. That you can't note the difference is perhaps a testament to your blind vitriol toward me.

Quit your yappin and get back up on that cross!