What's your name? Who's your daddy?

Luckylighter

After posting here for the last month or so, and posting on COW for about 5 or 6, I've gotten to wondering: has anybody here discovered that they are related to other members? Or perhaps, found out that you had grown up with someone, an old classmate? I mean we hide behind these aliases and avatars, never knowing the identies or histories of the other people on the board, I have to believe that the odds are in favor of at least three or four people here having some blood ties or some kind of connections and not even know it.

Has anyone else wondered about this?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
My name is Ville-Pekka Reponen, and my daddy is Simo-Pekka Reponen. My uncle is Jussi-Pekka Reponen, and my grandfather is Juha-Pekka Reponen.

Finn

Staff member
And your dead relatives are probably called Jalka-Keikkas Reporankanen?

VP

Moderator Emeritus
ROTFLMAO.

Actually my family name was changed from Repola to Reponen in the 19th century.

sarah navarro

VP said:
My name is Ville-Pekka Reponen, and my daddy is Simo-Pekka Reponen. My uncle is Jussi-Pekka Reponen, and my grandfather is Juha-Pekka Reponen.
Sounds like the name of the conductor of the L.A. Philharmonic...Essa-Pekka Salonen,must be from the same country.:)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Well, I am of Italian descent so it's possible :p . Doubt it frankly. No one in my family is as into Indy or movies for that matter, as much as me. I'm kinda the odd one out.

Indyologist

My name is Jennifer Feher. My mother's maiden name was Sheridan. We also have the following last names in my family:

On my mother's side, my grandmother's maiden name was Grabowski; her married name was Sheridan. On my father's side I can't recall what her maiden name was, but she was Hungarian. Her married name was Feher. My grandfather's name on my dad's side was Shandor Feher (Shandor is Hungarian for Alexander). I'm more Hungarian than anything else and secondly Irish on my mom's side, and then Polish. However, I just found out that my grandfather on my dad's side was an orphan!!! At least he was raised Hungarian.

Other names in my family, although distant relations:

Gromada
Pribek (another good Hunky name)
Morrissette

Have any of you traced your roots back in your ancestory and found something interesting?