Indiana Jones Blu-ray Replacment Case

dameain

Just wondering the consensus of the community but, does anyone else hate the rise in slip cases in the last few years? I feel that it is a really underhanded way to treat the consumer given the cost of modern media. On that note, has anyone either made or thought about an alternate case for the Indiana Jones collection?

I found that this case style:

http://www.amazon.com/Empty-CAPACIT...ick+FIVE+DISC+CAPACITY+Blue+Replacement+Boxes

Just wondering thoughts or a way to acquire alternate cases. I would even pay if an option for an alternate case was given, much like season 6 of "The Simpsons"

Thoughts and Opinions from the community?

Last edited:

Indy's brother

My thought is that while I do not yet have the BRD's, I will soon, so I don't know if the art will fit in these. Someone who has the set will have to shed light on that for us. The other thing is that if the artwork DOES fit, I would want a clear case, not blue.

Randolph Carter

dameain said:
Just wondering the consensus of the community but, does anyone else hate the rise in slip cases in the last few years?

Yeah, I prefer the plastic cases, too.
I feel it reduces the danger of disc scuffing/scratching when you're moving the discs in and out of the cases.

The UK version's packaging looks to be plastic "click" trays:

181153_10150984635738284_1270838849_n.jpg

IndyBuff

I agree. I'm tired of paying fifty or sixty dollars for a Blu-Ray set, only to have it packaged in a cheap cardboard case that falls apart and scratches discs over time. One solution I found is simply keeping the discs in CD envelopes instead of sliding them into the cardboard pockets. They make the book a bit thicker but they're more accessible and better protected. I did that with the Indy set and so far it's been much easier. You might give it a try if you don't have any extra cases lying around. It's not a perfect fix but it gets the job done.:hat: