So...

Crack that whip

¡Gracias! I've lurked on and off for a while, and finally decided I had to join and post, at least some of the time. I've been a huge Indy fan for years - er, decades, actually (yikes!) - and I'm both dying to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and also enjoying having (a version of) the Young Indy adventures on DVD (though like many, I wish we'd get The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles instead of/in addition to their reconfiguration as The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones).

I'm working on getting caught up on existing discussions here. I plan to be around for new ones, too!

Stoo

"You and I are very much alike...", Rene Belloq said.

Having read some of your brilliant posts so far, I would like to extend my personal welcome!:hat:
Great to see more 1981 fans here who genuinely appreciate all things Indy! I was 14 in '81 and
am a HUGE Young Indy fan, so it's good to have you aboard!(y)

What took you so long to join?

Crack that whip

Why, thank you!

I think I took so long partly mostly because I spend far too much time in a number of online forums as it is. Also, in part I'd just become used to avoiding forums for Lucasfilm-related fansites - years ago, I shied away from the forums at TheForce.net because I was afraid of running into spoilers on the prequels despite my best efforts, and it just sort of became a habit. I think this might actually be one of the worst times for me to have joined here, actually - there seem to be Crystal Skull spoilers in some of the merchandise threads in the "Collecting Indy" forum, for example (should those be there, BTW?).

Perusing other, spoiler-free threads, though, I decided I just couldn't stay away from some of the discussions, particularly with regards to the scores and their soundtrack albums, all things Young Indy, and Indy LEGO. When I saw that someone else had experienced problems with getting the interactive DVD-ROM stuff on the new DVDs to work on a Mac, that was probably the proverbial last straw, and I had to chime in (seriously, if anyone knows anything about getting those Young Indy DVD-ROM features working on a Macintosh, I'm all ears...).