TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 01-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #51
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Visit throwmetheidol.com for the full page color scan.

We're all going to be SO poor!

Les
throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:59 PM   #52
tnswman
IndyFan

about time you got the news on this LOL!
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:51 PM   #53
metalinvader
IndyFan

Wow.Even the dead Denholm Eliot and Pat Roach have risen from the grave to sign some cards! ..One question,What are 'Cut Signatures'?
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:09 PM   #54
Hawkeye
IndyFan

Must be copies of their signatures "cut out" and put on their cards. They can't literally sign from beyond the grave.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:15 PM   #55
GeckoArt
IndyFan

Greetings All!

I just wanted to jump in here and introduce myself... My name is Jeff and I am one of the sketch card artists working on the new Indiana Jones Heritage set.

I'm pretty new to this site but a HUGE Indy fan! (Used a lot of the stills in other section of this site for reference) Please take a look and let me know what you think:

I love this alien Indy! (Oh wait, it says he's sick - i thought it was some kind of gill-headed Indy... oh well, enjoy!)

Jeff Chandler
www.artgeckostudios.com
GeckoArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:24 PM   #56
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoArt
Greetings All!

I just wanted to jump in here and introduce myself... My name is Jeff and I am one of the sketch card artists working on the new Indiana Jones Heritage set.

I'm pretty new to this site but a HUGE Indy fan! (Used a lot of the stills in other section of this site for reference) Please take a look and let me know what you think:

I love this alien Indy! (Oh wait, it says he's sick - i thought it was some kind of gill-headed Indy... oh well, enjoy!)

Jeff Chandler
www.artgeckostudios.com

Wow your very talented, Great job, I was just going to go for Autos but will be collecting all of these as well. I really love the snake in Marion's shoe, and the Indy holding onto the front of the truck.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:30 PM   #57
JimmyPSHayes
IndyFan

Man, I hope I get one of your cards!!! Do you take commissions?.......please?
JimmyPSHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 06:50 PM   #58
GeckoArt
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes
Man, I hope I get one of your cards!!! Do you take commissions?.......please?

I do indeed - my list is a bit backlogged right now due to the time taken on these cards (250 cards total) - but feel free to email or PM me for details!

Deckard: I wish you all the luck in collecting these!!

And thanks for the kind words!
Old 01-31-2008, 06:52 PM   #59
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
I do indeed - my list is a bit backlogged right now due to the time taken on these cards (250 cards total) - but feel free to email or PM me for details!

Deckard: I wish you all the luck in collecting these!!

And thanks for the kind words!

Wow! Youve done 250 of these sketch cards? I cannot wait to see the rest. Have you done some ToD and LC cards as well?
Old 01-31-2008, 06:58 PM   #60
GeckoArt
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Wow! Youve done 250 of these sketch cards? I cannot wait to see the rest. Have you done some ToD and LC cards as well?

I had plans to but ended up literally going frame-by-frame through 'Raiders' instead with a total of 120+ full-color cards like above!

There's still a handful of sketches I never got to realize 'on card' - just ran out of time
Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #61
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
I had plans to but ended up literally going frame-by-frame through 'Raiders' instead with a total of 120+ full-color cards like above!

There's still a handful of sketches I never got to realize 'on card' - just ran out of time

Sort of a shame, I would love to have seen what you could have done w/ ToD especially, however Im sure there will be alot of very cool sketches in this set so it's all good. I can't wait to see the South America and Raven Bar ones.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:50 AM   #62
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

If anyone is looking for just the base set of Heritage cards there are some pretty good auctions up on Ebay for them (presale of course.) I bid on a set that was 9.95 total with free shipping. I want to save my money for the action figures so I figured I would just get a base set of the cards instead of buying a box and trying to get 1 or 2 inserts.
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:46 PM   #63
yodazone
IndyFan

Anyone know when the Heritage box sets become available?

yodazone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:54 PM   #64
QBComics
IndyFan

Quote:

Aww that stinks. I was hoping to see a cartoony Mola Ram! I actually have been trying to see all your cards and missed the ones you post here! Need to check here more often.
QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:37 AM   #65
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

I have all the original Raiders cards from 1981
So i'm really excited for these
Just ordered my box via eBay
xVendetta17x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #66
throwmetheidol
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodazone
Anyone know when the Heritage box sets become available?

March 12th....
throwmetheidol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:00 AM   #67
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Man alive, Trevor's sketch cards are beautiful! First a fabulous headsculpt for the SS Indy and now these...what a talented guy.
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #68
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray
Man alive, Trevor's sketch cards are beautiful! First a fabulous headsculpt for the SS Indy and now these...what a talented guy.
Yeah they are probably the best of the Indy sketch cards I've seen, hands down!

Trevor if you read this, do you mind telling me what medium you used for the cards?
deckard24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #69
mfisher
IndyFan

no doubt those are my fvaorites I have seen thus far... I really like the card showing both Toht and Belloq ! Man I wish I could get ahold of one of those !
mfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:53 PM   #70
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

I have a feeling i'm going to be spending a lot of money on trading cards again
I haven't done this since the Pokemon phenomenon
Old 02-29-2008, 08:59 PM   #71
Trevor G
TR.N Staff Member

Hey guys! Wow, I'm glad you like the cards! It was a lot of work but it was definitely fun!!! I hadn't had a good excuse to spend time on Indy drawings in a long time. I'm personally ecstatic about Adam Hughes' cards. That man is just too damn talented!

These cards were almost all done in watercolor and ink. Some of them were just drawn with pencil.

all the artists are getting six of their cards back to do with what they please. I will be auctioning my six off on ebay, so I'll let you guys know when they go up (we should get our cards back by April I'd guess)

Thanks again! glad you like some of them!
Trev
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:24 PM   #72
xVendetta17x
IndyFan

I guarentee one bid from me
Are the pictures that you did one of a kind?
Or are they prints, I was never sure
Old 03-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #73
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor G
Hey guys! Wow, I'm glad you like the cards! It was a lot of work but it was definitely fun!!! I hadn't had a good excuse to spend time on Indy drawings in a long time. I'm personally ecstatic about Adam Hughes' cards. That man is just too damn talented!

These cards were almost all done in watercolor and ink. Some of them were just drawn with pencil.

all the artists are getting six of their cards back to do with what they please. I will be auctioning my six off on ebay, so I'll let you guys know when they go up (we should get our cards back by April I'd guess)

Thanks again! glad you like some of them!
Trev
Trevor, your work definitely channels the Struzan vibe, do you use a similar method for creating your works ie. projecting an image onto a surface, tracing it, and then going to town with whatever medium you see fit? I'm really curious as to the process you use, for creating these works of art.

Great job!
Old 03-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #74
Trevor G
TR.N Staff Member

Hey Deckard, Yep, you got it! Project/then render. Drew is the best there is, for me, so when I was younger I used to use his exact methods to learn. Nowadays my focus is sculpture, so I've sort of become much more lax with my drawing/painting. I hardly ever do it in fact...but I think that's good...It was nice to leave it behind for a long while.

So instead of airbrushing and using colored pencils, I just use watercolors and inks for the color stuff... At this size it gives you more control. A good projection will lead you to nailing a likeness, (just look at that new Hugh Fleming comic cover art...DANG that Indy looks good) but these were just loose projections so that I could knock out 50 of them.

For likeness sculpture the goal is to capture a likeness as perfectly as you can, so I tend to prefer seeing people stylize the characters more in this kind of drawing (and Adam Hughes has done is to perfection for me) I would love to be able to do THAT!

thanks for the comments and questions!
Trev
Trevor G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 01:00 PM   #75
deckard24
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor G
Hey Deckard, Yep, you got it! Project/then render. Drew is the best there is, for me, so when I was younger I used to use his exact methods to learn. Nowadays my focus is sculpture, so I've sort of become much more lax with my drawing/painting. I hardly ever do it in fact...but I think that's good...It was nice to leave it behind for a long while.

So instead of airbrushing and using colored pencils, I just use watercolors and inks for the color stuff... At this size it gives you more control. A good projection will lead you to nailing a likeness, (just look at that new Hugh Fleming comic cover art...DANG that Indy looks good) but these were just loose projections so that I could knock out 50 of them.

For likeness sculpture the goal is to capture a likeness as perfectly as you can, so I tend to prefer seeing people stylize the characters more in this kind of drawing (and Adam Hughes has done is to perfection for me) I would love to be able to do THAT!

thanks for the comments and questions!
Trev
Thanks for the insight man! Keep up the great work!