12" Sideshow "Raiders of the Lost Ark" Indy figure (standard) - shipping update?

deckard24

Anyone have any clue what's up with the future of SSC Indy line? It really looks like it's going the way of the dodo, and fast!! They've still not shipped out the very first figure from their lineup, and they've only made one other 12'' and that's still in limbo! There's the Medicom figures and the Premium Format Indy, but that's it? I was sure they'd crank more of these out in order to capitalize on the Indy fever from over the summer! Either SSC knows something we don't about future films and they're holding back, or truly the line is just dying a slow quiet death!

Billy Ray

I am not sure where this quote came from originally, but it is from a Sideshow employee none the less. It was posted over at the Sideshow Freak board:

Originally Posted by SideshowBrant
Indy still has momentum (and one of the upcoming figures is sure to go over very well with anyone who's tracking the Hasbro 3 3/4 line)

Speculation over there is that it will be Toht, but there is really no way of knowing.

monkey man

Sign up for the Sideshow email updates. They sent one this morning. The Sideshow Indy figures weren't even on the "coming in the next 30 days" list. The last I heard anything, they were saying November. I'm hoping that I see this figure by Christmas. Knock wood.
The Medicom figures are shipping.

deckard24

monkey man said:
Sign up for the Sideshow email updates. They sent one this morning. The Sideshow Indy figures weren't even on the "coming in the next 30 days" list. The last I heard anything, they were saying November. I'm hoping that I see this figure by Christmas. Knock wood.
The Medicom figures are shipping.
I too get the updates and there's been zero mention of the 12" Raiders Indy, but plenty on the Medicom Indy?:confused: I don't know, it really seems like they've dropped the ball big time on this line, and the delay makes me wonder what the future of it will look like! I'd love for them to knock out a Toht, Marion(Raven Bar Dress), Sallah, Marcus, Henry Sr., Mola Ram, and a Temple of Doom Indy in both the white tux and ripped shirt w/ machete....but I'm thinking it's not happening! If anything maybe one more figure(Toht like you said!), then that's all she wrote!(n)

mfisher

yeah.. I have high hopes for this line as well.. I would hate to see it fall apart.. I really wanted to see a Sideshow Mola Ram and Toht at the very least.. Sallah and Marion would have been fantastic too...

Lord_glavin

I have a bunch of the sideshow star wars 12 inch and can't wait for this one to ship

longest I've waited for any pre-ordered item by far lol
but it better come out before christmas

monkey man

I just got this from Sideshow!!!!!!

>>>ESTIMATED ARRIVAL<<<
Of: Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark 12-inch Figure

Coming in: 12 – 14 Days
To: Sideshow U.S. warehouse
Est. ship weight (US): 4 lbs.
Est. dimensional weight
(Int’l orders & Oversized items): TBD lbs.

>>>UPDATE ORDER INFORMATION NOW<<<

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Indiana Jones - Raiders of the Lost Ark 12-inch Figure (item #3905) from our Indiana Jones Collection. We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition collectible, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse in approximately 12–14 days.

WAHOO!!!!

Billy Ray

Got my 12-14 day notice last night as well. It's been a long, long wait, but hopefully well worth it. We should probably be seeing in hand pics from Asia pretty soon then.

phantom train

deckard24 said:
Anyone have any clue what's up with the future of SSC Indy line? It really looks like it's going the way of the dodo, and fast!! They've still not shipped out the very first figure from their lineup, and they've only made one other 12'' and that's still in limbo! There's the Medicom figures and the Premium Format Indy, but that's it? I was sure they'd crank more of these out in order to capitalize on the Indy fever from over the summer! Either SSC knows something we don't about future films and they're holding back, or truly the line is just dying a slow quiet death!

First of all, great news about the imminent shipping of the 12" SS IJ figure - I look forward to seeing mine too, hopefully before the end of 2008.

To address the above question, this is pure speculation on my part, but I have no reason to think the SSC IJ line will be cancelled. It looks like both the SSC 12" IJ and the 12" "Belloq" are both either selling well or or are sold out.
Since SS makes it's figures almost purely for collectors, hopefully the line will continue for a while. There are good many more IJ 12" figures that would look great if made by SSC, i.e. "Mola Ram", "Toht", "Marion Ravenwood" (in Raven Bar outfit), and others. Since the Hasbro 12" line has been cancelled, SSC is the only way these figures will be made (at least, until a 5th IJ film, if that ever happens).

I hope I'm not wrong about this - I guess time will tell.

Billy Ray

Sideshow has alluded to an upcoming announcement for the Indy line, so I remain optomistic. To be honest, I am glad they aren't pumping them out at the same rate as the Star Wars line...my wallet can't handle it!