User Name
Password

Old 10-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #76
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

LOVE the new pics, VF Wing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromiumBlue37
Ha ha!! I also used that Red-Star guy from G I Joe as part of my "Ruskies" army!

The best part about that head - it is an absolutely PERFECT fit on a Dovchenko body. Seriously. Perfect.
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:01 PM   #77
Lambonius
IndyFan

Couldn't resist.

Can't wait to get the rest of this wave!!!
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #78
Errex
IndyFan

That Thugee Guard is awesome!. I'm seriously considering ordering a case of the wave he comes in.
Errex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:38 PM   #79
vf wing
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
LOL i never realised that Mutt always had the jacket in the movie, he never quits it?

No, not in the film itself. I think Hasbro received some promotional photos of him without the jacket, which may explain the figure's existence. It's been a frequent complaint of collectors. I've bought a couple myself, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
LOVE the new pics, VF Wing!

The best part about that head - it is an absolutely PERFECT fit on a Dovchenko body. Seriously. Perfect.

Thanks Lance! I guess that means the Dovchenko head will fit perfectly on the Red Star body then..!

I can't wait to pop my Chief Guard open. You'll wanna jump on that case Errex!
vf wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:16 AM   #80
NickTurner
IndyFan

ALMOST Elephant for Indy

I got this from http://www.thebigzoo.com

It's still wrapped up 'cos I will probably return it. Thing is it is billed as a "Large Latex Elephant", and is supposed to be from 9 to 12 inches long. Which would be the perfect size. But it is barely 7 inches long. It IS larger than the Schleich, but in the movie the elephant Indy rides on is HUGE!

However, in case someone is interested, there you go. BTW, "Latex" means it is made out of squishy foam type rubber... very lightweight.
NickTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #81
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Hey Nick! The Elephant is very interesting and does not look too shabby next to the Scheich one. I have that baby elephant, and it is HEAVY! All it needs is a Short Round figure to go on it!
ChromiumBlue37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #82
Mike D
IndyFan

Actually, the Scleich elephant looks like a pretty good scale for the one Shorty rides. If that's the case- the foam one you git looks pretty accurtely scaled to Indy. I bought a huge elephant at a hobby shop near my house recently for the same purpose. It's a bautiful sculpt (it weighs a ton), but it's way too big for the elephant that indy rides in the movie (cost me around $35.00).
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #83
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

I LOVE these figures

Now I just Need Willie and Shorty so I can complete the scene.

Willie: Ok save him!!!

Short Round: Drop him down I kill you drop him down!!!!
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:27 PM   #84
Goonie
IndyFan

^Why doesn't Pat Roach bust Indy over the head with the NyQuil bottle? lol
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 PM   #85
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
^Why doesn't Pat Roach bust Indy over the head with the NyQuil bottle? lol

Lmao you think Pat could lift it?
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #86
vf wing
IndyFan

Dude, if he could come back from being chopped up in that propeller blade, he can do anything.

Old 11-08-2008, 02:19 PM   #87
vf wing
IndyFan

DUCK!!

Old 11-08-2008, 03:10 PM   #88
Luke Skywalker
IndyFan

Luke Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:32 PM   #89
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Beautiful picture, Luke!!

And VF Wing, that animation is DELIGHTFUL!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:13 PM   #90
vf wing
IndyFan

Nice one, Luke, but...

It's a long way down!

I had an interesting opportunity over the weekend to snap some pics of a few Indy figures utilizing a huge styrofoam sculpture at a friend's house. It's creator is sadly unknown. More pics on my homepage!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #91
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

As always, vfwing, LOVE your pictures!

Keep 'em coming!

Great composition in the newest one, definite sense of suspense!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:54 AM   #92
Trennas
IndyFan

Very awesome and highly amusing thread! I don't have any Indy action figures because franky I wasn't too exited about their quality. Also, they are a little harder to come by here in the Netherlands.. BUT I have gathered a growing collection of Indy Lego's! And it's great fun playing around with that, especially with a camera at hand!

I made these shots last summer when I was playing around with my first batch of Indy Lego's. They aren't exactly action oriented, but I sort of wanted to see what Lego's would do in combination with normal looking environments, sort of what they used in the Lego Indy game:

More is sure to follow in the future! Tell me what you think!
Trennas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 02:43 PM   #93
Lambonius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trennas
Very awesome and highly amusing thread! I don't have any Indy action figures because franky I wasn't too exited about their quality. Also, they are a little harder to come by here in the Netherlands.. BUT I have gathered a growing collection of Indy Lego's! And it's great fun playing around with that, especially with a camera at hand!

I made these shots last summer when I was playing around with my first batch of Indy Lego's. They aren't exactly action oriented, but I sort of wanted to see what Lego's would do in combination with normal looking environments, sort of what they used in the Lego Indy game:

More is sure to follow in the future! Tell me what you think!

Nice! Those are really great images from an Indy standpoint, and also beautiful images from an artistic standpoint. Great work! I'd love to see more!
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #94
Trennas
IndyFan

Thank you ever so muchly ^^ I actually have been wanting to do some more but due to work and school I've kind of lost the time and inspiration for them.. However, if anyone has an awesome idea for Lego Indy, I can see what I can fabricate
Old 11-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #95
vf wing
IndyFan

Beautiful work Trennas! I'm still waiting for somebody to build that UFO out of Legos...

She's coming...

Old 11-16-2008, 06:20 AM   #96
Trennas
IndyFan

Thanks vf wing!! I'll definitly keep that UFO idea in mind; don't know if I have the blocks to make it so perfectly smooth shaped.. Maybe I'll do something Crusade related or a random snowy thing first; the stores are crammed up with christmas decorations, including fake snow XD Should be able to make something from that

And thats a very intersting image! Very mysterious! Love the lighting and the silhouette; it gives just enough hint without actually saying anything. Kudos to that; it's rather hard to pull that off, and take a non-blurry picture in lowlight mode
Old 11-17-2008, 08:59 PM   #97
vf wing
IndyFan

The UFO done in scale with any figure would be too huge to imagine, but if photographed like it was in the movie, with Indy standing in the extreme foreground, you could definitely cheat the scale. I'm really surprised they haven't made an official set with it yet!

The above pic of Elsa was just a by-product of another photo shoot. I was messing around with lighting the Crystal Skull in the background and turned off all the other lights just to see how it looked. It's not perfectly lit, but it gives (me, anyway) the impression that it's actually glowing.

This was the point of the shoot to begin with:

Old 11-18-2008, 12:58 AM   #98
Trennas
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vf wing
The UFO done in scale with any figure would be too huge to imagine, but if photographed like it was in the movie, with Indy standing in the extreme foreground, you could definitely cheat the scale. I'm really surprised they haven't made an official set with it yet!

The scale isn't the problem; that's where photoshop kicks in But to actually make a UFO out of lego's that looks like a UFO.. well.. its possible, but youre gonna need a whole lotta bricks and plates, not to mention build the thing diagionally.. well that last part doesn't have to be neccesary, but I haven't thought it through yet

it's too bad that you can't really see any of the crystal skull's definitions, but I like the overall look of the pictures. Poor skeleton though, even after being dead for god knows how long, Elsa still keeps kicking him in the chest
Old 11-19-2008, 08:50 AM   #99
CAZAFANTASMA
IndyFan

Here is mine, ready to shoot some Nazis.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hope you like him.

Sal
CAZAFANTASMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 PM   #100
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Hey Sal, welcome to the Raven! Said this already over at the Sideshow Freaks, but that is a great looking Indy
Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote