Why was Indy trying to cross the bridge?

MP3

The Ceylon map (in IJET, of course) shows where the Temple of the River Goddess is - at the end of the river. It also does not show anything on the other side of the rope bridge. So why was Indy trying to cross it in the first place? How would that have gotten him any closer to the temple? It seems almost as if he was hoping - even expecting - the bridge would fall...

Finn

Staff member
Maybe he hoped that there would be an easier way down to the river bank on the other side than the one he took... :rolleyes: ;)

MP3

But he didn't even check for an "easier way down" on his side of the river - he headed straight for the bridge! Besides, what also bothered me (perhaps I didn't imply it well enough before) was that the area of the map that shows the other side of the bridge is curiously uncharted and unmarked - almost as if he wasn't expecting to make it there...

Finn

Staff member
You know, sometimes I wonder how people even bother to get a hang on things like this... video games tend to have non-logical things in them... no big deal. ;)

<small>But don't start nitpicking FoA to me now... I'll jab. I swear I'll jab.</small>

MP3

Tennessee R said:
To get to the other side!!! :)

Oh snort... "Unforunately for Indy, Rolf knew a wise guy when he met one." (FoA, Game Over screen)

I knew someone was gonna say that sooner or later; I was just wondering who it would be and how long it would take. ;)

Tennessee R said:
"Why was Indy trying to cross the bridge?"

To get to the other side!!! :)
Aww, man!
Tennesee R beat me to it! After reading the title a few times it (the joke) finally came to me.
Oh well...:)

nOOb

Finn said:
<small>But don't start nitpicking FoA to me now... I'll jab. I swear I'll jab.</small>

sorry, i can't resist ;)

why is there a map of the desert hanging with the clothes on a clothesline in omars house? who put it there?

where did indy learn to fly a balloon?

at the desert dig site, they left a single guard behind to protect the entire camp? riiight...

indy leaves a submarine by the TORPEDO TUBES?! no diving-suit = instant death.

indy tells the sub crew to move to the bow. he doesn't speak any german. does he?

ok jab me :D

Finn

Staff member
nOOb said:
why is there a map of the desert hanging with the clothes on a clothesline in omars house? who put it there?
I dunno. Omar himself?

nOOb said:
<b>where did indy learn to fly a balloon?[/B]
Maybe it was "try-and-learn"-experience.

nOOb said:
<b>at the desert dig site, they left a single guard behind to protect the entire camp? riiight...[/B]
Hafta admit. Riiight.

nOOb said:
<b>indy leaves a submarine by the TORPEDO TUBES?! no diving-suit = instant death.[/B]
They were by the shore. He surfaced immediately.

nOOb said:
<b>indy tells the sub crew to move to the bow. he doesn't speak any german. does he?[/B]
Actually he does. At least if we believe the novelization of LC. Then again, if you mean he gives the command in <i>English</i>... it was simply translated. After all, Kerner and Ubermann speak German between themselves too...

Oh, yeah, right... <big><b>*JAB*</b></big>

[Edited by Finn on 02-07-2004 at 09:29 am]

Tennessee R

Finn, Do you want me to help you with nOOb? ;)

but actually,

I don't want to get myself hurt, so remember that I like FoA. Now, is it probable that Indy can drop a crab in some water, and get across to safety without getting eaten by a monster like that?

whipem

Just to add to all that, in IM, how can Indy carry so much stuff, including a large plank, in his pants! ;)

MP3

whipem816 said:
Just to add to all that, in IM, how can Indy carry so much stuff, including a large plank, in his pants! ;)

Same thing goes for the LC graphic adventure - how does Indy fit something as large as a "cordon and red rope" into his pocket?