Anyone been on or thought of going on their own Indy adventure?

dapthx

Simply gorgeous Luisiana!!Thanks for the map and pic...that seems so exciting a place...especially compared to where I live..in Kentucky,although I was born in Indiana...hehe..there is a park south of where I was born,and it's called Wyndotte Cave Nat'l Park...I was there last time in 1985,and the caves I came upon were like maybe 10 feet high,and probably at the widest point...about 3 -4 feet wide.Some areas are so tight you almost have to turn sideways to go through.But at the end of this one...it opens up like a large area with water...and I dove under,by the wall..and there is an opening that you can go through that leads to the other side of the wall into a big room like area.Some markings on the wall as well.I'm sure some here may have heard of Wyndotte Caves...it was named after the Wyndotte Indians..and most surely is a great sight for exploring.I seemed to have seen something in one of my Archaeology magazines somewhere,and if I find it..I'll post some on it...the place is great though.And thanks so much for the picture,I think Spain is a beautiful country..and would love to visit.Of course being a lover of animals..and a vegetarian...I would have to pass on the bull fights.That's why I may never find me a good Fedora,they seem to be made with animal fur or pelt...unless someone knows a great Fedora I can get,without animal
fur or pelt used, I am sunk.

Doug

Last edited:

dapthx

Oh my stars...sorry for the 3 replies...I tried to edit it..and boom..3 appear!
That didn't happen last time I edited a message..must be the pain killer I took
for a migraine headache..LOL My apologies.

lol many Spaniards have never ever been to a bull fight, and among youngsters they arent very popular, even though i like them a lot our actual society isnt very interested in bull fighting, and it has come to be more of a show for tourists. :(

INDYfatigable

Might be intrigueing to explore the ruins of the sunken city or "wicked city" in Jamaica? What "wicked" or "sunken" city? that's the first i have heard of that.

INDYfatigable

right now I am in Arizona (I'm from Georgia) and we've got to do all kinds of fun things, the closest thing to real adventure i had in a while. We went to the Grand Canyon, went hiking on hills in Phoenix, went to see Montezuma's castle, old American Indian peublos, and another set of peublos i don't remember the name of, we went to Jerome, an old mining town, we went to the pertrified forest and the painted desert, and also it was the first time i had been on an airplane since i was two (thank goodness we didn't have to drive!

Tennessee R

In the mountains of Kentucky, in the Daniel Boone National Park, is a cave, which I have been in. This cave, although small could be of great importance.
It is known by few, and should be kept that way, for the visitors leave marks that blemish the original inscriptions found.
The inscriptions are ancient Ogam, some that appear to be Hebrew charactors, etc. This cave lines up, or did line up exactly with the Winter Solstice, in ancient days, and indicates visitors before the time of Columbus of advanced knowledge.
Although it is fairly well known that Columbus was not the first to America, (Not counting the native Americans), this is a find that needs to be preserved.

Last edited:

INDYfatigable

On the rocks at the Petrified forest there are thousands of pictographs on the rocks. Lots of them are very interesting. I would love to know what they mean.

Indy Parise

I explored a bunch of ol ruins in the woods behind my house once. Let me refrase that, I explored a rundown house in the woods once. It was pretty cool especially since it was mostly concrete

INDYfatigable

There is also a rundown house in our woods, but it belongs to the farmer across the street. I explored it three times, and on the last time i was with three friends. The owner showed up and kicked us out!

Indy Parise

Mine doesn't belong to anyone, actually the land it's on is my dad's but it's pretty cool. Very Indyesque. There is even a tunnel in the basement that we check out alot. I'm gonna work on turning the tunnels into the temple in RoTLA

INDYfatigable

tight! in the basement of the shack i found green 1856 Mason jars, a lemon extract bottle, a boot polish tin, and an assortment of unidentifiable objects. On the wall written in pencil was an inscription: "Marry Christmass and a happy new year," followed by various musical notes which, if being able to distinguish them might be the real notes to that song. Who knows? The farmer told us he intends to burn the shack. I hope to go over there and extract all the articles out of it before he does.

Flasha_tasha

I love travelling and have quite a few trips & adventures lined up - check out thread http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=7344&page=2&pp=15

Also going to the Pyrennes next june walking the spanish side for a month...hopefully gonna discover some non explored prehistoric caves...now that would be awesome!! Would explore inside the cave for ages b4 coming out and telling people of the discovery. The cave Chauvet on the French side was only discovered December 18, 1994 so there is potential.

http://www.culture.gouv.fr/culture/arcnat/chauvet/en/

Pale Horse

Staff member
Welcome Flasha. Be sure to post your exploits for all of us as soon as you get back. We would love to see them.

Flasha_tasha

Anytime Stoo....that site is well interesting...can give you some links to some more pyrenees caves if you would like?? Will definately fill u in on my conquests pale Horse!! Always up for an adventure!!

Stoo

Flasha_tasha said:
Anytime Stoo....that site is well interesting...can give you some links to some more pyrenees caves if you would like??

Sure would! Please post some more, whenever you have the time. :)

Heliograph

A sad tale

A couple decades back I was invited to participate in a diving expedition to find Atlantis off the island of Bimini.

The organizer was a snake oil salesman who wrote for the "In search of..." TV series.

We divers near mutinied for the lack of food (eight hours daily in the water burns beaucoup calories) and later we did some figuring and calculated the organizer had probably pocketed half his grant.