TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 12-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #76
Katarn07
IndyFan

Good call. I've had it to here with Nightmare Before Christmas, and I never liked that movie to begin with anyways!!! lol

The stuff we do for toys. lol
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #77
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarn07
I called the second I made that last post, which was about 15 minutes ago. I'll wait 40+ minutes if need be. Heck, I'm from Chicago and have experience calling for Cubs tickets the day they go on sale. That takes hours to get through sometimes! I just hope they still have some by the time I get through *crosses fingers*

EDIT - Yeah, the packaging is alright but I liked the other series' better. And cool news on a KotCS Indy

Oh, I agree, the 1st 2 Disney lines were to me, some of the best Indy toys EVER made...I know the new stuff will be amazing but I will have a soft spot in my heart for the Disney figures. I was soooo tired of the Kenner and LJN stuff when Disney put their toys out.. I was in heaven.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #78
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Good call. I've had it to here with Nightmare Before Christmas, and I never liked that movie to begin with anyways!!! lol

The stuff we do for toys. lol

LOL!! Oh yes, I was treated to that song too. My Mind is still Numb from the call.

Hey, it is worth it....Until the wife starts screaming, then I will wish I was back on hold LOL!
Old 12-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #79
Katarn07
IndyFan

Sweet, I just finished placing my order!

Heads up, all! There's a $15 minimum to order. I was caught off guard so just told the nice lady to throw another Indy onto my order. lol. For all you cheapskates out there (like myself ), UPS ground shipping is $7 and takes up to 10 days for your order to arrive.

EDIT - And just a quick hint, there's an edit button in the bottom right hand corner of every post you make, that way you won't have to double or triple post. I keep missing some of the stuff you say because my browser brings me down to the most recent post

I agree with the excitement of Disney's stuff, but I wouldn't say I was tired of the Kenner/LJN stuff. In fact, I don't recall if I was done with my LJN line when the second Disney line came out. By "done with," I mean getting Indy on the card.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #80
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

Quote:
Sweet, I just finished placing my order!

Heads up, all! There's a $15 minimum to order. I was caught off guard so just told the nice lady to throw another Indy onto my order. lol. For all you cheapskates out there (like myself ), UPS ground shipping is $7 and takes up to 10 days for your order to arrive.

Cool, I'm on hold now. Going to get three...one to keep in pack, one to open, and one to give to my son when he gets old enough. He was just born last month but I'm planning ahead. This is going to be an expensive summer!
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #81
tnswman
IndyFan

Good Deal...

Yea, I was an Avid Indy collector from Day one.. I was finished with my Collection in 1990 but I kept ading little items along the way just to keep my interest up. so, after Toys McCoy, disney was a HUGE Rush of fresh air.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #82
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
Cool, I'm on hold now. Going to get three...one to keep in pack, one to open, and one to give to my son when he gets old enough. He was just born last month but I'm planning ahead. This is going to be an expensive summer!

CONGRATS!!! Just wait until he gets old enough to actually play Indy with old Dad That is a GREAT TIME!!! Remember to collect a carded set for him too. Just incase there are a few high priced figures that come out of the new lines....Hasbro keeps hinting that Indy will once again pale in comparason to Star Wars in the sheer # of toys made.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:54 PM   #83
mfisher
IndyFan

Quote:
Remember to collect a carded set for him too. Just incase there are a few high priced figures that come out of the new lines.
Seeing as your son is as young as he is.. may be a llittle more solid to actually open some kind of real investment account for his future.. ( IRA etc) Figures.. while fun.. are a silly way to "invest"
mfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:01 PM   #84
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
CONGRATS!!! Just wait until he gets old enough to actually play Indy with old Dad That is a GREAT TIME!!! Remember to collect a carded set for him too. Just incase there are a few high priced figures that come out of the new lines....Hasbro keeps hinting that Indy will once again pale in comparason to Star Wars in the sheer # of toys made.

Thanks! I'm going to pick up a set of carded figures for me and then get another set of the main figures and sets for him to play with. The neat thing is I can get him the ones made for smaller kids and he can play with those first until he's old enough for the regular figures.

And I work in accounting so I hope I don't have to rely on figures to invest for his college! If I do I picked the wrong line of work
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 02:03 PM   #85
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfisher
Seeing as your son is as young as he is.. may be a llittle more solid to actually open some kind of real investment account for his future.. ( IRA etc) Figures.. while fun.. are a silly way to "invest"

I would sure hope that he would have enough sense to invest in the traditional ways 1st.. Maybe I give people too much credit.

However, The older Indy figures are actually performing above the U.S. Dollar right now... If you sell on ebay U.K. that is

Action figures and Collectibles will always be a good investment source if you are smart and pick the rare items. I stick with Vintage items but Hot new products that are in demand can create income on a limited basis that can be used to invest elsewhere.

it's simple, Buy low and sell high. It happens EVERYDAY on ebay with BRAND NEW toys..Look at Star Wars and Gi Joe.... watch this new Indy figure for a while on ebay. If you can earn a Dollar free and clear, EARN IT!
Old 12-05-2007, 02:06 PM   #86
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arab Swordsman
Thanks! I'm going to pick up a set of carded figures for me and then get another set of the main figures and sets for him to play with. The neat thing is I can get him the ones made for smaller kids and he can play with those first until he's old enough for the regular figures.

And I work in accounting so I hope I don't have to rely on figures to invest for his college! If I do I picked the wrong line of work

As long as common sense is part of your daily chores, I think you will be ok. I have made a GREAT living on NASCAR autographs and even am the world's ONLY NASCAR autograph expert. So, Collectibles have done well by me

I LOVE investing money in anything from the Market, Gold, and YES, Comics and Toys.. Real Estate and Land is the tops though I am going to retire on the money I make from my acre in Palm Springs, CA.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #87
mattmanw54301
IndyFan

got 2 on the way, with super-fast shipping!!!
mattmanw54301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 03:50 PM   #88
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanw54301
got 2 on the way, with super-fast shipping!!!

Matt And I will be playing Indy 4 on Friday LOL! I didn't think the 2-day shipping was that high did you?
Old 12-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #89
mattmanw54301
IndyFan

not too bad. I was expecting to pay at least 25+ on Ebay. This way I am supporting Disney without helping scalpers!!! Expect lots of pics guys. And a review on my toy blog!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:01 PM   #90
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
not too bad. I was expecting to pay at least 25+ on Ebay. This way I am supporting Disney without helping scalpers!!! Expect lots of pics guys. And a review on my toy blog!!!

Amen.... If the old Indy figures are going for $35-$50 on the bay, this will hit $80 this week I guarantee it. Look at the Lego set even.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #91
ChromiumBlue37
IndyFan

Quote:

Thank you so much! Looking forward to it!!
ChromiumBlue37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 04:48 PM   #92
Deckard
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyologist
And since when can you call any Disney park, order something and have them send it to you? I know sure as hell I can't order anything from the Adventure Outpost in FL @ MGM Studios, and it pisses me off. They have all kinds of awesome Indy t-shirts there and I can't get ANY of them. You have to physically go to the park. When I did go there I picked up 2 shirts and I'm dying for more.

Did something change I didn't know of? Are we now able to order from the stores at the park? Please let me know. It would just be such a dream come true for me!!

I have just called them on a telephone and ordered two. Once again you see there is nothing all of you can have which i cannot posses. *Evil Belloq Laugh Bellows Thru House*
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #93
OneAngryDwrf
IndyFan

Does anyone know how late the The California store stays open? I am interested in calling them to order some Indys, but I don't know if they will be open after I get off work... Maybe I'll have to call tomorrow morning or when I take my lunch break...

CANT WAIT FOR THIS FIGURE THOUGH!!!

Anyone going to post more pics and write a review?

Nevermind, I just read the above post with regards to the review & pics... Can't wait to read it! (and see them of course!)

TKO the OAD
OneAngryDwrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #94
mattmanw54301
IndyFan

ya, i live in WI, and called at 11:00 am my time. They werent open!!!! so I had someone call later because I had to be at work. The operator said she was amazed at how we all know they have it. She said they have been getting call after call for New Indy, and they just got him in!!! She asked "how in the world do they KNOW?"

HAHA. Indyfans are well informed. That's all..

tnswman, I am thinking of customizing some 7" scale Nazis for Indy to whoop on. Maybe a German Mechanic out of a WWE figure. Whatcha think?
Old 12-05-2007, 05:42 PM   #95
metalinvader
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
I think it is Great...I will buy a case of them when I go to DL in Feb...I did that with the 1st figure and that's the one to invest in.

Talking to the person who did the card art for this package, there will be a 2nd series of this figure after the movie that will show the 1950's Indy from KOTCS. So, this has the chance to be the most limited Indy figure that Disney has made. Much like their 1st 7" Jack Sparrow.

Hmm..Sounds like it would be a simple head swap.Regardless,I'll still be getting it! No doubt it will come with a crystal skull!
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:30 PM   #96
Edward The Head
IndyFan

Who's got a SKU? I just called and the woman said they do not have it in yet so I can't order it. If I knew the number I could order it. She said to call back next week.
Edward The Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:48 PM   #97
Deckard
IndyFan

Call back and get someone differant, and make sure your calling the right number in CA. Orlando doesnt have them as far as i know. And as others said they were just put in the system today, the women i spoke to knew instantly what i was talking about when i told her i was looking for the new Indiana Jones 7 Inch Action Figure. She was also a bit surprised that i knew about it already.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:15 PM   #98
Edward The Head
IndyFan

I guess I will try back tomorrow, but the woman knew what I was talking about, she just said that they don't have any in yet.
Edward The Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 07:23 PM   #99
mattmanw54301
IndyFan

the woman at the florida park said that they were getting lots of calls about Indy, and that she thought that the CA park had it. She gave me the #1-800-362-4533. option 7. Call that one. the ppl there at the Indy store know ALL about it. the operator was shocked about how many Indy fans called up to order one.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 PM   #100
tnswman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward The Head
Who's got a SKU? I just called and the woman said they do not have it in yet so I can't order it. If I knew the number I could order it. She said to call back next week.

You DO NOT NEED the SKU... The y only ask for the price.. then they call to the outpost store and if they have the item, the clerk in the store pulls the figures off the shelf and another Cast member takes it to shipping.