Tattoo, You?

Chicago Jones

Does anybody have any tattoos? Indy related or not?

I have a LOTR JRR Tolkien tat on my right wrist and I am planning on getting a really cool Bob Dylan tattoo, but not sure what part of my very sexy body...

The Drifter

I have half-sleeves on both of my arms. My wife has a around five tats. (on the back of her neck, shoulder, lower back, around her belly button and arm.)

Chicago Jones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I have half-sleeves on both of my arms. My wife has a around five tats. (on the back of her neck, shoulder, lower back, around her belly button and arm.)

sweet, any character tats of anything?

avidfilmbuff

I personally despise tattoos, and when I was younger, due to my extreme misanthropy, I would refuse to tolerate anybody who had one. I'm now trying repress this aversion for I now realize that disliking a person for merely having a tattoo isn't very healthy for one's mental state. But I still refuse to ever have one.

Gear

A friend of mine branded an inverted crucifix onto his left upper arm. Did it entirely from scratch, too. But there's actual meaning behind it. It's the back lash result of his rage, love of death metal, and his distaste of the bigotry and all around associations he sees with Christianity.

However, he does say that he doesn't really care much what faith you hold, just as long as you don't cram it onto him.

avidfilmbuff said:
I personally despise tattoos, and when I was younger, due to my extreme misanthropy, I would refuse to tolerate anybody who had one. I'm now trying repress this aversion for I now realize that disliking a person for merely having a tattoo isn't very healthy for one's mental state. But I still refuse to ever have one.

Wow. Uhm... I hate tattoos too. And I am a misanthrope...

...but I've never gone so far as to hate someone for a tattoo...

...I have plenty of other reasons to hate someone. :p

Though I do hate anyone bearing a tramp stamp. That is inexcusable, period.

The Drifter

ResidentAlien said:
Though I do hate anyone baring a tramp stamp. That is inexcusable, period.

I guess you hate my wife. She has one lol. It's pretty cool. It's of a dragon with it's wings spread. She's into dragons and snakes. Any sort of reptile really.

avidfilmbuff

ResidentAlien said:
Wow. Uhm... I hate tattoos too. And I am a misanthrope...

...but I've never gone so far as to hate someone for a tattoo...

...I have plenty of other reasons to hate someone. :p

Though I do hate anyone bearing a tramp stamp. That is inexcusable, period.

Well that was when I was a much younger person, I still hate tattoos with a vengeance, but I try not to think about my obsessive moral standards when dealing with other people, unless they try to persuade to do something against those standards.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I guess you hate my wife. She has one lol. It's pretty cool. It's of a dragon with it's wings spread. She's into dragons and snakes. Any sort of reptile really.

I suppose hate is still the wrong word.

But I find them tacky to the extreme. I don't think I'd ever date someone with one...

Chicago Jones

Lonsome_Drifter said:

my gf of many years has a beautiful dove on her shoulder, it's just the outline and it looks really really good on her. I find that a girl with a couple of tats looks sexy but a girl with a crap load is a turn off

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
As you posted:

You're missing my point, Rocko.
By the title of the thread you linked, I assume that one can only post about their Indiana Jones tattoos. In this thread, one can post about any tattoo.
See the difference?

Lonsome_Drifter said:
You're missing my point, Rocko. By the title of the thread you linked, I assume that one can only post about their Indiana Jones tattoos. In this thread, one can post about any tattoo. See the difference?
...and I think you're missing mine. Provided was a link to a tattoo thread no one had mentioned. Tattoos, Indy tattoos yes, but as posed:

Chicago Jones Does anybody have any tattoos? Indy related or not?

Just a link to tattoos, no comentary, no agenda, just posting a link in this thread about Indy tattoos.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
In this thread, one can post about any tattoo.

Sort of like what I was doing? Just pointing the way.

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
...and I think you're missing mine. Provided was a link to a tattoo thread no one had mentioned. Tattoos, Indy tattoos yes, but as posed:

Just a link to tattoos, no comentary, no agenda, just posting a link in this thread about Indy tattoos.

Sort of like what I was doing? Just pointing the way.

I see now what you mean. But, it's kinda hard to understand someone's agenda when they don't even type a word in their post and just provide a link.
(And, yes I know you said you had no agenda)

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I see now what you mean. But, it's kinda hard to understand someone's agenda when they don't even type a word in their post and just provide a link.
(And, yes I know you said you had no agenda)

I understood where you were going, but I'd rather people speak for themselves. If I were busting his chops over starting an uneccessary thread I would have included some smarmy smart alecky comment. Well, only if it was the fourth or fifth time he'd done it. I probably would have come out point blank and said here's a thread you might want to bump instead of clogging the toilet, (sheesh, can't help myself sometimes!)

Come to think of it, bumping that long dead thread MIGHT have been a good idea...(maybe the slight difference isn't enough...?).;)