Indiana Jones souvenir map

Dokta_Joenz

Hello, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me anything about this map that I've had since I was about 10. I've been trying to find more information on it with no success, I believe I got it when i was 10 from the Indiana Jones stunt show at Disney/MGM Studios. It's pretty nice actually but I don't really know anything about it. It says TM&©1989 LFL.

I took this crappy pic with my iPhone:
ijmap.png

Montana Smith

Dokta_Joenz said:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone here could tell me anything about this map that I've had since I was about 10. I've been trying to find more information on it with no success, I believe I got it when i was 10 from the Indiana Jones stunt show at Disney/MGM Studios. It's pretty nice actually but I don't really know anything about it. It says TM&©1989 LFL.

I presume the logo at the bottom would be 'Adventure Outpost', the shop at Disney's Hollywood Studios Park, at the entrance to the 'Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spetacular'?

That would confirm your memory of where it came from, but as for the inspiration for the map, I have no idea. The names don't mean anything to me.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
I presume the logo at the bottom would be 'Adventure Outpost', the shop at Disney's Hollywood Studios Park, at the entrance to the 'Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spetacular'?

That's right, though it's actually called the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost in California as well.

Montana Smith said:
That would confirm your memory of where it came from, but as for the inspiration for the map, I have no idea. The names don't mean anything to me.

I've always more or less assumed that they don't mean anything at all.

Montana Smith

Attila the Professor said:
I've always more or less assumed that they don't mean anything at all.

That makes it quite an odd Indy collectable, then. Nothing like the new world map depicting artifacts associated with the films and books.

Billy Ray

The Drifter said:
I really like how the snake and lizard is sketched on it.

Me too, the lizard looks like a Bearded Dragon. My daughter would love this, as she has a pet Bearded Dragon which she loves more than anything in the world :D