Terminator Salvation

Shortie

Agent Spalko said:
Yeah that ending was on the laserdisc/DVD. I always hated that ending.
Ditto. It just didn't fit the Terminator series.

I'm really looking forward to this even if it is PG-13, there's bound to be an unrated cut ala LFODH.

TheMutt92

The Man said:
The campaign battle begins...

t02d0p.jpg

Schweet! Though I have never actually seen the full thing of any Terminator movie (or tv show for that matter)...

Michael24

Hearing what they apparently have planned for the end of the movie (a twist that, I feel, sort of undermines things), and the fact McG is directing, I have very little interest in the fourth film at this point. I'll continue to just enjoy the first three films for now.

kongisking

Huh. That actually looks...pretty cool! Was that a T-1 I just saw? :cool:

Michael24 said:
Hearing what they apparently have planned for the end of the movie (a twist that, I feel, sort of undermines things), and the fact McG is directing, I have very little interest in the fourth film at this point. I'll continue to just enjoy the first three films for now.

What twist is that? If you don't want to spill it here, you can Private Message me...

Michael24

kongisking said:
What twist is that? If you don't want to spill it here, you can Private Message me...
****SPOLIER****

All eyes have been warned! :)

The supposed twist is that the character known as Marcus turns out to be a Terminator. In a climactic battle, both Marcus and John Connor are killed. However, in order to keep the image of Connor and what he stands for alive in the eyes of the resistance, Connor's face is removed from his body and placed onto the Terminator, which is then reprogrammed to function as John Connor.

It's possible this could be just that--a rumor--but if this is how they plan to end of the film..... ugh! It just seems like a cheap twist to me.

Michael24

TheMutt92 said:
Where did you here that?!?
It was in a story that surfaced on the net within the last few months. I thought somebody had previously posted about here, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I saw it mentioned on a couple different forums, though.

Goonie

Is it still rumoured that the Governator will have a cameo? It wouldn't be a Terminator movie without the Governator!

They brought back John McClane, Rocky, Rambo, and Indy, why not Arnie?

deckard24

Goonie said:
Is it still rumoured that the Governator will have a cameo? It wouldn't be a Terminator movie without the Governator!

They brought back John McClane, Rocky, Rambo, and Indy, why not Arnie?
That would be pretty cool if Ahnuld made a comeback! Regardless that trailer looks pretty promising! But why does Christian Bale sound the same in every role? Seriously it was like Batman, Patrick Bateman, and Trevor Reznick narrating the teaser.

deckard24

|ZiR| said:
Christian Bale's voice only has one setting: gravely.

You should know that by now.
Right! Even with his native Welsh accent or playing with a Californian surfer accent, it's always the same delivery. He's like Keanu Reeves but ten times better!

kongisking

indifan101 said:
Please tell me the fourth one is judgment day the actuall war between man and machine

Yup. Our prayers for a War Against The Machines movie have been answered. Now it remains to see if the chosen director is fit for the task...

Plus, I don't know about you guys, but I actually think that spoiler sounds quite interesting and unique. Although It will certainly clash with the T-850's statement in T3 that he himself terminated John Connor*. Creates yet another loophole! ARRGGGHHH!!!!!!

*Sorry if I spoiled T3 for those that haven't seen it. But not my fault! You should have seen it a looooong time ago, so your loss! GRRRRRRRRREAT action movie! :cool: