What's Harrison Ford doing these days?

They should have started it right after skull but all they have done is Sat on thire ass and let the time pass.

I have know doubt Harry will be talking about doing Indy 5 when he's 80 but it's over........."well it's my ambition to do one more, there is no barrier as a old fart to not play Indy again the character ages just like I have...I've spoke to George and he as a germ of a idea but hey..I just work here.'"

Could have had 2 in the 90's set in the 40's what I waste.

Finn

Staff member
Indy1Jones2 said:
He can do another one I just know it.
Oh he could, no doubt. With Hollywood magic, it's certainly possible.

The question just is whether it'd stay within the limits of willing suspension of disbelief or not. After all, there were people raising this issue even with KotCS.

Montana Smith

Leave it much longer and it'll be hard tell who's who.

289px-AotD.jpg

:p

Drones33

If it was a choice between between a re-cast Indy for Indy5 or no Indy5 at all, what would you boys choose?;)

IndyForever

No Harrison as lead actor=No Indy 5 for me.

Disney will not be able to easily make another movie without Harrison attached either unless its a low budget effort aimed at teens only but somehow I doubt it why would teens flock to a 1930-40s themed action movie! Exactly they would not see it so that leaves Disney with a problem of getting a worthy Indy 5 with Harrison going ASAP

kongisking

IndyForever said:
No Harrison as lead actor=No Indy 5 for me.

Disney will not be able to easily make another movie without Harrison attached either unless its a low budget effort aimed at teens only but somehow I doubt it why would teens flock to a 1930-40s themed action movie! Exactly they would not see it so that leaves Disney with a problem of getting a worthy Indy 5 with Harrison going ASAP

So condemn the series to death, then? Star Wars gets to live on till that asteroid hits and kills us all, but Indiana Jones, a movie series that frankly is much better than the vast majority of Star Wars fiction, has to die out?

You think an Indy movie without Ford automatically means dumbing it down for tweens. Nope, that's Star Wars' problem, since that series has such insane fundamental kid appeal (look, lasers! spaceships! aliens! Wheee!) that it takes actual effort to treat the material seriously anymore.

Indy, in contrast, is much more of an adult property. Yes, KOTCS tried the whole 'dumb it down for kids' routine, but the haters did their job well in slandering it as an utter failure that murdered the series. So, for a reboot, they'd HAVE to darken it up, otherwise...what would indeed be the point?

So, you should be thrilled at the idea of a reboot. Clean slate and all that lovely jazz. An, ahem, "return to form", even.

HenryJunior

I can understand why some people only associate Harrison with it, but I am all for a recast. The character of Indy is very dependent on his image and the persona he represents, which I don't think has to include Harrison. As long as you have the character recognition the hat and silhouette brings, Indy can outlive it's creators.

Harrison will always own the character, but making claims that Indy is any more exclusive than James Bond, or any Comic Book Superhero is ridiculous. I look at like this, if suddenly a surprise teaser trailer dropped in our laps, and all we saw was this:

face_zpscc3c6723.png

What's gonna matter more? That Harrison's Face is in there, or the plain fact they will actually make another?

I would love to see Harrison's involvement in some manner, but what I really want is a new story. Let's hope the rumors are true and Harrison put something in motion when he agreed to Ep. 7.

Silvor

Goodeknight said:
It's all just a shameless publicity stunt so he can get a role in the next Pirates movie....

article-2675220-1F46A49000000578-767_306x695.jpg
Everybody can have a bad picture, and that was just a short time after the accident too.

lgT6VFd.jpg

He could absolutely do a new Indy, just look at this recent picture, he looks badass even with a broken leg!

Olliana

I think he's still got one or two Indys in him. His age was not the problem in KOTCS nor would it be in Indy 5 if shooting started in 2015. Even a broken leg/ankle/whatever can't stop him from doing action movies.

That's why I find all the buzz about rebooting Indy so absurd and way too soon. The actor that could replace Harrison Ford properly isn't even born yet.

IndyForever

Montana Smith said:
He says he's got one more Indy film in him.

Hold on, could this be the call from Disney coming in right now?

article-2397338-1B5EB906000005DC-953_634x441.jpg
Its the call from George Lucas telling Harrison he never ever worked on Indy 5 at all it was just a BS tactic to divert attention away from Star Wars being sold to Disney :hat: ....... if you want more Indy first you have to play Han Solo job again :whip: