Venezuela or bust!

indyt

Hey guys. Once again, I will be getting my adventure hat out. I will be going to Venezuela for missions. Lots of prayers. While I am down there I will say hello to Chavez!!;)

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
He may be deposed by then if these riots keep happening...I sense a full scale revolt on the horizon.

deckard24

Indyt, I'm curious to hear more about your mission work. How long have you been doing it, and where all have you been? If it is your full time career, how exactly does one live off of such a job (monetarily speaking)?
Be safe!!

indyt

deckard24 said:
Indyt, I'm curious to hear more about your mission work. How long have you been doing it, and where all have you been? If it is your full time career, how exactly does one live off of such a job (monetarily speaking)?
Be safe!!

Hey deckard 24! I actually am a juvenile probation officer full time and part time youth pastor/missions coordinator at my church. But I love missions work! My long term goal is to be the denomination's world witness coordinator. I have been blessed to save up vac. time and have good bosses that allow me to take time off for these trips. A few places I have been is South America (Guyana), N. and S. Philippines, several places in the Carribean, China, etc. I will be going to Venezuela in August and either Equador or Senegal next summer. Missions work is a great adventure!! If it is in your're heart to do this work I am sure God will provide a way.;)

deckard24

Very cool Indyt, sound like you'd have some pretty amazing stories to tell. Maybe you should keep a running journal(I don't know if you already do), and you could write a book of your travels and mission work.

Juvenile Probation Officer huh? I'm assuming you majored in criminal justice? It sounds like pretty emotionally draining work. Social work related jobs take a lot out of you. I helped out with a group therapy juvenile substance abuse program for a while. It felt good to help, but it takes it's toll.

Good luck on your adventure!!

indyt

deckard24 said:
Very cool Indyt, sound like you'd have some pretty amazing stories to tell. Maybe you should keep a running journal(I don't know if you already do), and you could write a book of your travels and mission work.

Juvenile Probation Officer huh? I'm assuming you majored in criminal justice? It sounds like pretty emotionally draining work. Social work related jobs take a lot out of you. I helped out with a group therapy juvenile substance abuse program for a while. It felt good to help, but it takes it's toll.

Good luck on your adventure!!

Thanks man! and yes, I have started a journal!