Sideshow 12" Indy line going on hiatus...

inky_skin

...and returning with Hot Toys ToD figs ?

"Q. Now that Sideshow are branching out into Temple Of Doom territory, can we expect to see a 1/6th TOD Indy soon? When things like PF?s and dioramas are announced, I always look for the 1/6th announcement. Since you have collaborated with Hot Toys with your armored figures, you could easily handle the visible articulation issue with the rope-bridge version by using one of their muscle bodies.

A. You?ll see a pause in the Indiana Jones 12-inch line after Henry Jones. Our development team is in the midst of evaluating TOD characters (including Indy) for production, including considerations like collaboration with Hot Toys for muscle bodies. It may take us some time to fully answer this question, but it is an active discussion.

In the meantime, we have some truly wonderful TOD Premium Format figures in development, and we?re eager to show you more. Stay tuned!.
"

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=7939

DocWhiskey

I'll tell you this, if Hot Toys works on 12" Indy figures they'll be even more outstanding and we'll all be even more broke.

Billy Ray

Well this is potentially dissapointing news. Hopefully the 1/6 Indy line is just going to be on hiatus and not cancelled all together...that is at least what they seem to be implying...and if it means that we will get 1/6 TOD Indy and Mola Ram down the road, then thats cool with me.

I have never purchased any Hot Toys figures, mainly due to the $$, but for Indy figures I would definitely make an exception. They have done some truly amazing work...I can't imagine what they could do with Indy.

phantom train

I just read the Sideshow interview, and this is very, very dissapointing news. While they imply that the Indy line may continue using Hot Toys bodies, the fact that it's going on hiatus for an indeterminate length of time is dissapointing, and doesn't bode well for the future of the line. I've enjoyed these figures (I currently have the 12" IJ, 12" IJ in German disguise, Toht, and Belloq) and thought the line would continue. With the Hasbro line cancelled last year, these Sideshow figures were the only real way to get new figures (other than Legos).

Well, I guess we should be glad we got the 12" line at all. It's probably safe to say that if KOTCS hadn't been released last year, there would be no new 12" Sideshow figures at all.

monkey man

Not good news. No Marion or Sallah???
I'm not that surprised. The edition sizes of the 12" figures have been declining.
I seem to be one of the few people who bought German Indy. I'm happy with the paint aps on it but there are other issues. No real accessories. Would it have killed Sideshow to include a hatless sculpt? How about a relic? The headpiece to the staff of Ra. Nurhachi's urn? Anything would have been nice.

I will support the 12" line if it ever returns. A few more Raiders characters and I'll be happy.