Capt. America Indiana Jones Crossover Disney Reboot

Gerry2001

Stooo, It's Gerry, yes me. I know you're in here somewhere, too bad we missed each other when you were in Kingston, next time! Anyways I'm finally posting something. Never really had much to add to this mesmerizing pool of knowledge, but here goes. :D

I really enjoyed the Capt. America film, watched it a few times and noticed what Red Skull says while holding the cube artifact, "Ze Fuhrer digs for trinkets in zee desert". Now that has got to be a reference to Raiders, wouldn't you say? Joe Johnson directed Capt. America and worked on Raiders so, more than a coincidence here. He would be great to direct a 5th one or a reboot, that is if Spielberg is not up to it. Since Disney acquired Marvel and Lucasfilm maybe they are planning to make some kind of Capt. America Indy crossover, ha. Far fetched but hey, you never know. What do you think?
(y) (n) :gun:

kongisking

Probably shoulda Private Messaged Stoo, my friend. This thread is gonna be closed very soon, mark me words...

Gerry2001

Oh really

kongisking said:
Probably shoulda Private Messaged Stoo, my friend. This thread is gonna be closed very soon, mark me words...

No fun, my first post. Way to welcome people.

kongisking

Gerry2001 said:

Whoa, man, no offense intended. Our moderators frown quite unpleasantly upon threads like this. I merely meant to give you a heads-up as to how things go around here. Didn't mean to come across rude. :eek:

Finn

Staff member
kongisking said:
Nah, let's keep it open. Simply to see if Stoo has the stones to chagrin his pal.

Mickiana

Gerry2001 said:
Stooo, It's Gerry, yes me. I know you're in here somewhere, too bad we missed each other when you were in Kingston, next time! Anyways I'm finally posting something. Never really had much to add to this mesmerizing pool of knowledge, but here goes. :D

I really enjoyed the Capt. America film, watched it a few times and noticed what Red Skull says while holding the cube artifact, "Ze Fuhrer digs for trinkets in zee desert". Now that has got to be a reference to Raiders, wouldn't you say? Joe Johnson directed Capt. America and worked on Raiders so, more than a coincidence here. He would be great to direct a 5th one or a reboot, that is if Spielberg is not up to it. Since Disney acquired Marvel and Lucasfilm maybe they are planning to make some kind of Capt. America Indy crossover, ha. Far fetched but hey, you never know. What do you think?
(y) (n) :gun:

In lieu of any real news of an Indy5 happening, I very much enjoy these snippets of possibility. The Red Skull quote does indeed sound like a reference to Raiders. I'm not so sure of the crossover suggestion. I'm a purist after all. I would like to see Indiana Jones continue of course, whether it's Harrison doing one (or two!) more, which I think is feasible, or the hat is passed on to a new actor to take up the mantle. All just wishful thinking on my part. There is so much material in books, comics and on paper in general, that it seems a waste to not put anything on film again. Indiana Jones will always be a hit.

Gerry2001

Mickiana said:
In lieu of any real news of an Indy5 happening, I very much enjoy these snippets of possibility. The Red Skull quote does indeed sound like a reference to Raiders. I'm not so sure of the crossover suggestion. I'm a purist after all. I would like to see Indiana Jones continue of course, whether it's Harrison doing one (or two!) more, which I think is feasible, or the hat is passed on to a new actor to take up the mantle. All just wishful thinking on my part. There is so much material in books, comics and on paper in general, that it seems a waste to not put anything on film again. Indiana Jones will always be a hit.

Yes it would be a waste not to do anything more and I do agree with keeping it pure.

Maybe Red Skull saying that line was just meant as an homage to a flim that was an inspiration.

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
Whoa, man, no offense intended. Our moderators frown quite unpleasantly upon threads like this. I merely meant to give you a heads-up as to how things go around here. Didn't mean to come across rude. :eek:

Finn said:
Nah, let's keep it open. Simply to see if Stoo has the stones to chagrin his pal.

kong, might I suggest familiarizing yourself with this work? :D

Gerry2001 said:

The nod to ROTLA didn't go unnoticed here.

An Indy/Cap crossover opens up a whole can of wrigglers.

Indy might have had something to do with Sgt. Fury and his Howling Commandos, but when you have villains removing faces to reveal skulls you open up a colourful comic book world that comprises numerous super-powered characters.

captain-america-red-skull.jpg

I'm sure Stewie has something to say on the differences between an adventure film and a superhero film. ;)

kongisking

Montana Smith said:
kong, might I suggest familiarizing yourself with this work? :D

I'm not quite sure I get it. You think I'm Machiavellian? What are you implying? This dumb-as-rocks brain needs answers, Smiffy!

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
I'm not quite sure I get it. You think I'm Machiavellian? What are you implying? This dumb-as-rocks brain needs answers, Smiffy!

No, kongy. To second-guess the Prince, you have to think like a Prince. ;)

Finn said:
And thus we conclude our lesson of Uncle Finny's Machiavellian machinations for this time. More shall follow when the occasion calls for it.

:p

Faulffer

Gerry2001 said:

Wow talk about being overly defensive... And no, what Red Skull said was historically correct; the Fuhrer Hitler (or more precisely Himmler) did indeed order German archaeologists to dug around the desert for trinkets. And not just the deserts too, but in the Himalayas and all over Europe. So no, I think what you're implying is just way off the grid.

Montana Smith

Red Skull was miseducated. We can put that down to the nature of imparting popular myths to the masses via poorly researched pulp such as Captain America or Raiders of the Lost Ark!

It was Himmler rather than Hitler who was obsessed with the occult.

Himmler founded the SS-Ahnenerbe in 1935, of which Otto Rahn may or may nor have been a member.

http://www.philipcoppens.com/rahn.html

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=91366

http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/5407/raiders_of_the_lost_grail.html

Gerry2001

Montana Smith said:
I'm sure Stewie has something to say on the differences between an adventure film and a superhero film. ;)

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen had Allan Quatermain, an adventurer, mixing it up with characters with supernatural powers. Just to say that it's been done. ;)

Faulffer

I hope Indiana Jones can stay as far away from super heroes as possible. I'd hate to see Indy on a quest and in the middle of a fight with em Germans have Wolverine or Hulk showing up and join the fray. Please no.

Gerry2001

Faulffer said:
I hope Indiana Jones can stay as far away from super heroes as possible. I'd hate to see Indy on a quest and in the middle of a fight with em Germans have Wolverine or Hulk showing up and join the fray. Please no.

Wolverine and the Hulk are not in the same timeline as the Nazis. Not gonna happen. :hat:

Montana Smith

Gerry2001 said:
Wolverine and the Hulk are not in the same timeline as the Nazis. Not gonna happen. :hat:

Wolverine was.

During World War II, Logan teams up with Captain America[31] and continues a career as a soldier-of-fortune/adventurer. He then serves with the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion[32] during D-Day, and the CIA, before being recruited by Team X, a black ops unit.

31. Wolverine: Origins #16-20

32. Wolverine (vol. 2) #34

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

And he bore a passing resemblance to somebody. ;)

detail.jpg