Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

Lance Quazar

MrJinx said:
I would also have to put my money out there on the 30th anniversary card. First, to Hasbro they would be cheaper to produce than the double-bend-back-card bubble. Second, the bottom line is profit.
Jinx:gun:

Wow, lots of talk about putting money on the Vintage card scenario...

Anyone care to make it interesting?

michael

For someone who won't be able to make it to Comic-Con.....

I know many people will buy them and sell them for a good amount, that much is obvious...

My main question is, how many of these will Hasbro sell outside of Comic-Con? ie: their online store?

What's Hasbro's track record for something like this?

MrJinx

Lance Quazar said:
Wow, lots of talk about putting money on the Vintage card scenario...

Anyone care to make it interesting?

Hey Lance,
I will take that bet. However, I dont bet cash, but I will do figure for figure, What line do you collect?
Jinx

Lance Quazar

MrJinx said:
Hey Lance,
I will take that bet. However, I dont bet cash, but I will do figure for figure, What line do you collect?
Jinx

The Dead Presidents. Looking for a few mint condition Benjamin Franklins* to add to my collection.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
The Dead Presidents. Looking for a few mint condition Benjamin Franklins* to add to my collection.

You'll only end up exchanging them for this Hasbro release, after which you'll be wanting to collect more of them. It's the way of the world. ;)

All Hasbro has to do is pack the figures into something simple, safe and resealable. All this talk of fancy packaging is only making the figures more expensive!

ChromiumBlue37

I am beginning to think more and more, that the packaging is presented to us already on that slideshow image at the top of this page.

MrJinx

ChromiumBlue37 said:
I am beginning to think more and more, that the packaging is presented to us already on that slideshow image at the top of this page.

That picture is the same as the one from the Sideshow Indy box.
Jinxx

ChromiumBlue37

MrJinx said:
That picture is the same as the one from the Sideshow Indy box.
Jinxx

It sure is close. Three things were added. Hasbro's logo, the Indiana Jones 30th Anniversary Seal and the ComicCon logo.

Lance Quazar

Yes, all the Indy licensed merchandise has the same design elements, as mandated by Lucasfilm.

However, the "Box" as pictured in the slide just looks like a hastily slapped together collage of elements.

I'm sure those elements will all be in there somewhere. But is that exactly what it will look like?

Doubtful.

MrJinx

Lance Quazar said:
Yes, all the Indy licensed merchandise has the same design elements, as mandated by Lucasfilm.

However, the "Box" as pictured in the slide just looks like a hastily slapped together collage of elements.

I'm sure those elements will all be in there somewhere. But is that exactly what it will look like?

Doubtful.

For once I think Lance is right.... I love you Lance, but not in a gay way.
Jinx

Billy Ray

Even if he doesn't know that Benjamin Franklin was not a president? Or was that what the * was for Lance?;)

Lance Quazar

Billy Ray said:
Even if he doesn't know that Benjamin Franklin was not a president? Or was that what the * was for Lance?;)

Spot on as usual, Billy Ray.

I didn't coin the phrase "Dead Presidents" - wildly inaccurate as it is (seeing as how Franklin is one of TWO figures on US currency who was not a president.)

Nevertheless, it has entered the lexicon.

indyt

probably been asked before, but are these going to make it to any online stores. If so, r they going to be really expensive?

Lance Quazar

We do know it will be sold online at Hasbro Toy Shop, but the available quantities will be impossible to know ahead of time.

Pricing has not been announced.