Looks like it is official

ChromiumBlue37

Why is everyone so depressed?

Did Hasbro SAY these Raiders Wave will not be coming out for sure? Did I miss the big announcement from them? I don't know about anyone else, but I plan on adding Raiders, Wave 5, to my collection in January.

The Golden Idol

ChromiumBlue37 said:

Did Hasbro SAY these Raiders Wave will not be coming out for sure? Did I miss the big announcement from them? I don't know about anyone else, but I plan on adding Raiders, Wave 5, to my collection in January.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hope you're right!

Deckard

I cannot express in words, how upset I would be to own a Monkey Man figure, but not a Toht, a White Dress Marion, or a German Mechanic.

Lets face it, whats the play value of the Monkey Man, or the Arab Swordsman, they have such nothing roles as far as kids are going to be concerned. "Hey kids pick up the Monkey Man and have him lurk around your other figures." The German Mechanic at least fights Indy in extended hand to hand combat and has play value. The arab swordsman twirls a sword and gets shot. Its like getting a Greedo in the initial Star Wars wave instead of Han Solo.

And the Belloq we got? What the hell. The cerimonial version is the least interesting Belloq, Why not a Jungle Belloq and Hovitos two-pack, or the obvious, a white suit Belloq that doesn't look completely stupid sitting in a car. Oh wait the Belloq we have can't even sit...

Way to go Hasbeen, er bro.

nothing.gif

Last edited:

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:

Man, I love ya like a brother..But come on now.. it's time to start waking up LOL!

QBComics

Deckard said:
I cannot express in words, how upset I would be to own a Monkey Man figure, but not a Toht, a White Dress Marion, or a German Mechanic.

Lets face it, whats the play value of the Monkey Man, or the Arab Swordsman, they have such nothing roles as far as kids are going to be concerned. "Hey kids pick up the Monkey Man and have him lurk around your other figures." The German Mechanic at least fights Indy in extended hand to hand combat and has play value. The arab swordsman twirls a sword and gets shot. Its like getting a Greedo in the initial Star Wars wave instead of Han Solo.

And the Belloq we got? What the hell. The cerimonial version is the least interesting Belloq, Why not a Jungle Belloq and Hovitos two-pack, or the obvious, a white suit Belloq that doesn't look completely stupid sitting in a car. Oh wait the Belloq we have can't even sit...

Way to go Hasbeen, er bro.

nothing.gif

Best post so far, (y). Not because of the GIF, but the post itself. It speaks truth. The GIF justs adds more awesomeness.

ChromiumBlue37

Wake up to what? LOL! Sorry for the sarcasm, Brother. Indy is EVERYTHING to us here. We ALL lurk on these boards daily. We monitor and read, while hoping and praying for the slightest shred of positive news for our beloved toy line. Dr. Jones and his world have always been my escape from reality and the one thing I have had to look forward to and enjoy.

Everyone says the line is dead, except Hasbro. I can't give up on Indy that easily. These toys are more than plastic to us all. They are our part of the movies that we can own and manipulate.

Perhaps Hasbro just needs a time-out until they can fine-tune it and reintroduce it as a modest collector's line.

Goonie

Deckard said:

Far out! We're getting the Gene Wilder/Willy Wonka action figure, but not Toht?;)
I can just hear those Oompa Loompas now,
Oompa loompa doompadee doo.
I've got another puzzle for you!
Oompa loompa, doompadah dee
if you are wise you'll listen me
what do you get when you are a fanboy
and you can't get your beloved Indy toy
what will you do if you can't find any
Will you sue Hasbro for lots of money?
i don't like the look of it
oompa loompa doompadee dah
if you're not greedy you will go far
you will live in happiness too
like the oompa loompa doompadee do
doompadee doo!

sx0223_114349.gif

tnswman

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Wake up to what? LOL! Sorry for the sarcasm, Brother. Indy is EVERYTHING to us here. We ALL lurk on these boards daily. We monitor and read, while hoping and praying for the slightest shred of positive news for our beloved toy line. Dr. Jones and his world have always been my escape from reality and the one thing I have had to look forward to and enjoy.

Everyone says the line is dead, except Hasbro. I can't give up on Indy that easily. These toys are more than plastic to us all. They are our part of the movies that we can own and manipulate.

Perhaps Hasbro just needs a time-out until they can fine-tune it and reintroduce it as a modest collector's line.

Bro!! you know me.. you know what I am saying.. You know what I have heard straight from H.

As of now, it's over. Hasbro does not need to rush to tell us. They still want their product to sell.

The story will be out soon enough and we will continue to collect and wait for the line to be alive again.

Marty Jones

tnswman said:
Bro!! you know me.. you know what I am saying.. You know what I have heard straight from H.

No, you haven't. It's possible that we aren't going to be seeing any figures next year in regards to the fact that some of the bigger chain stores are not ordering the new product, but that's just an assumption. I don't believe for a second that you have any inside sources.

According to Hasbro, we can expect a second Raiders wave. They have yet to say anything to the contrary, and until they do - the line is simply not dead.

Last edited:

Vance

tnswman said:
As of now, it's over. Hasbro does not need to rush to tell us. They still want their product to sell.

The problem with inside sources, and I learned this the hard way myself, is that they're worthless if you talk about them, and if you can confirm them, they don't remain employed for long.

Seriously, if you're citing 'inside sources' at Hasbro, there are two possibilities. You really have them, so you should shut up so they don't have to worry about their jobs. You don't really have them, and you should shut up so you don't have to be called out for lying.

Not to be mean, but you notice that both of these options have one thing in common.

(And, also wik, don't brag about your inside sources on a forum that actually has some inside sources posting on it.)

kevblee

tnswman said:
not for those who understand the game

It's not a game...it's merchandising. Most of the figures I've seen people speculate to death out here in CA wind up eventually in the stores, for retail price. Even figures released, in first run short packed assortments, usually, in the long run... can or will eventually become peg warmers.

Calling out wild price numbers for figures yet to be released is premature.

Plus, you're sending out a message for scalpers to hoard. That alone should be reason not to speculate.

nevsky41

You know, i've often wondered what tnswman's cred is. Of course, I've not been on the boards for long, but I don't ever remember seeing anything other than him talking a lot of big talk about "sources" at Hasbro. Whatever.

I was really bummed earlier in the week, but the more I think about it, until Hasbro makes a statement, I'm expecting to see and purchase the 2nd Raiders wave.

If tnswman is going to continue to talk about his "inside info," that is "straight from H," he needs to back it up with some evidence, or just shut up.

Abner Lives

tnswman said:
It is also not my fault if you can NOT read or COMPREHEND the VERY direct answers I have been giving you and OTHERS here

Dang it. I hate it when someone can NOT read or COMPREHEND. Happens all the time.

tnswman said:
Before you pretend to know it all, at least listen to those of us that actually know more than you!

See, I told you it happens all the time. A great man (with a great ego) once said "It is also not my fault if you can NOT read or COMPREHEND. When someone does NOT read or COMPREHEND it's very annoying. Someone like...oh I don't know...YOU. Go back and read the post (something you have failed to do twice now). I never claimed to know it all. All I said that whenever Hasbro stops wanting to take my money I will simply kitbash my own figures, so I just can't get too awful worked up about whether it ends on a Thursday or a Friday.

tnswman said:
I don't need to lower myself to Chuck Norris's standard.

That's the spirit! That's a LOL sentence! Bravo, m'man! Somehwere in the wilds of Tennessee there's a man who will NOT bow to Chuck Norris!

tnswman said:
I have seen the utmost ignorance involving this line and the team that was supposed to follow through. They didn't...They had lie after lie all hidden in riddles and high hopes. They did what they could to build anticipation for this line to sell through it's six month window.

Which (again) your highly placed sources failed to inform you of. Given other's reactions to your hubris it may be time to admit that you don't have a bigfoot in your freezer.

DIrishB

Alright, alright, everybody, calm down. I appreciate tnswman's attempts at keeping us informed. He hasn't been proven to be wrong, yet, so there's not much reason to doubt him. He also hasn't been proven right, yet, so there's not much reason to believe him, either. Make a choice or just don't care at all and leave it at that. There's no need for this to devolve into name calling, which is exactly what some of you are doing...you're basically saying he's either a liar or ratting on his Hasbro sources, or accusing him of having an overinflated ego. I'm not defending him, but I do think he's provided us with a lot of accurate info so far, so I have no reason not to accept what he says as either fact, or the way he himself sees the state of this line. Considering this is a message board with the express purpose of conversing and sharing ideas and opinions related to Indiana Jones, I'd say tnswman is well within his rights. Either way, it comes down to a matter of fact, opinion or lies, and none of us will know which until January. And I'm sure he'd love to be proven wrong about the Indy line not continuing, since he (just like us), is an avid Indy collector...actually, way more so than most of us...have you seen his collection? So in the meantime, everyone relax, and give the guy a break until we know one way or the other.

Lambonius

DIrishB said:
Alright, alright, everybody, calm down. I appreciate tnswman's attempts at keeping us informed. He hasn't been proven to be wrong, yet, so there's not much reason to doubt him. He also hasn't been proven right, yet, so there's not much reason to believe him, either. Make a choice or just don't care at all and leave it at that. There's no need for this to devolve into name calling, which is exactly what some of you are doing...you're basically saying he's either a liar or ratting on his Hasbro sources, or accusing him of having an overinflated ego. I'm not defending him, but I do think he's provided us with a lot of accurate info so far, so I have no reason not to accept what he says as either fact, or the way he himself sees the state of this line. Considering this is a message board with the express purpose of conversing and sharing ideas and opinions related to Indiana Jones, I'd say tnswman is well within his rights. Either way, it comes down to a matter of fact, opinion or lies, and none of us will know which until January. And I'm sure he'd love to be proven wrong about the Indy line not continuing, since he (just like us), is an avid Indy collector...actually, way more so than most of us...have you seen his collection? So in the meantime, everyone relax, and give the guy a break until we know one way or the other.

Seconded. :hat: