SDCC Lost Indy Wave Mistake/Variant/Error?

Well, I had to bite the bullet and pay the extortionist prices to get one of these sets of eBay. It just arrived in the mail today and I just finished opening it. And to my horror, I got a mistake/variant/error version of the set.

I'm missing a figure. There is no Satipo. Instead, there are two of the regular Indiana Jones figures and one of them is on a damaged card. The box doesn't look to have been opened and re-sealed, so I'm guessing this is some kind of factory error or something. Has anyone else come across this before?

Henry W Jones

Has anyone called Hasbro about the mistake? What did they say? If they have a few figures left they will ship you the missing figure and won't want to pay for one wrong figures return shipping. You might get an extra action figure. It's worth a shot.:gun: They will normally try to work with you. Good luck.

? E-mail: CustomerService@HasbroToyShop.com
? Phone: 1-800-408-0052 (8 AM - 8 PM EST, Monday - Friday and 10 AM - 6:30 PM EST, Saturday)

Make sure you have your order number

Greycap

Henry W Jones said:
Has anyone called Hasbro about the mistake? What did they say? If they have a few figures left they will ship you the missing figure and won't want to pay for one wrong figures return shipping. You might get an extra action figure. It's worth a shot.:gun: They will normally try to work with you. Good luck.

? E-mail: CustomerService@HasbroToyShop.com
? Phone: 1-800-408-0052 (8 AM - 8 PM EST, Monday - Friday and 10 AM - 6:30 PM EST, Saturday)

Make sure you have your order number

I just finished filling out the Hasbro Customer Service web form, asking for an Indiana Jones in German disguise to be sent to me.

Greycap

While looking for an item number on the SDCC figures, I noticed another "error" ... the name on the front of the Indy figure with the hat is printed UPSIDE DOWN. This was in the set with the 2 Toht's.

The other set's Indy figure is printed correctly.

Has anybody else seen this?

GiantThuggee

Greycap said:
While looking for an item number on the SDCC figures, I noticed another "error" ... the name on the front of the Indy figure with the hat is printed UPSIDE DOWN. This was in the set with the 2 Toht's.

The other set's Indy figure is printed correctly.

Has anybody else seen this?

The name ovals on this set are actually stickers over a generic paper insert. That way they only had to make one insert and one cardback to encompass all six figures. Cheaper for Hasbro that way I guess.

Hearing about the mistakes in packaging for this set, I'm not surprised to hear a sticker got placed upside down.

GiantThuggee

GiantThuggee said:
The name ovals on this set are actually stickers over a generic paper insert.

indyinsert.jpg

The first thing I did after I opened the figures - I peeled the sticker off one of the inserts just to see what was underneath. Nothing.

It reminded me of the proof of purchase stickers on the original Kenner line of Indy toys.

I called Hasbro and was transferred to two different people and they weren't very helpful. They said that if I sent back the entire set of figures they would send me a replacement if they had one.

I can't take the chance on that. Just hoping I'll be able to find the figure I'm missing at a reasonable price online or at the upcoming Chicago Comic Con. Anyone here planning on attending?

Montana Smith

007 said:
I called Hasbro and was transferred to two different people and they weren't very helpful. They said that if I sent back the entire set of figures they would send me a replacement if they had one.

I can't take the chance on that. Just hoping I'll be able to find the figure I'm missing at a reasonable price online or at the upcoming Chicago Comic Con. Anyone here planning on attending?

That's not very helpful advice from Hasbro. I wouldn't risk sending them back and ending up with nothing.

Each of these figures has an individual value, so it's possible to buy a replacement on Ebay, and soften the blow by moving on your damage carded Indy. But you'd most likely be out of pocket

Hearing these stories makes me nervous what I'm going to receive. Two Tohts and no Indy (as Greycap received) would be okay as I'd think Toht would have a higher value.

Missing Satipo was a bad bit of luck, as for me he's one of the more valuable figures in the set.

Lance Quazar

007 said:

Unfortunately, since you didn't buy from Hasbro directly, I'm not surprised they weren't very helpful. That's pretty ridiculous, "send it back and we'll send you another IF we have it." If not, then what??? Ridiculous!

Yeah, as Montana said, you may just want to sell the extra Indy and use the dough to buy Sapito through someone else.

A shame you can't take it to the ebay seller.

A bummer about all these messed up assortments. Hopefully HTS will be more forthcoming about everyone else's mix-ups.

Rivers

Mine hasnt arrived yet.... but I dont like what I am hearing.... anyone have a normal set delivered??

Greycap

GiantThuggee said:
The name ovals on this set are actually stickers over a generic paper insert. That way they only had to make one insert and one cardback to encompass all six figures. Cheaper for Hasbro that way I guess.

Hearing about the mistakes in packaging for this set, I'm not surprised to hear a sticker got placed upside down.

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

Henry W Jones

007 said:

That's super lame. I haven't done a return to Hasbrotoyshop in years but they were very helpful 2 years ago. (I also returned something they had in stock) But if you bought from someone other than Hasbro they most likely are not gonna resolve it for you. And the fact it's a limited set Montana and Lance are probably right. Buy your missing figure on Ebay and sell the duplicate you got to get your money back. I have seen them individually on Ebay. I wouldn't send them back to Hasbro either. Good luck.

MrJinx

I plan to use my Cobra Commander body for my Toht. The paint app is bad and the hand does not stay in the peg hole at all. Also the gun from the mechanic fits better in the hands of the Cobra Commander suit. I am still very thankful to have these figures.

NickTurner

Wow that's really messed up. I hope it's not a case of a sneaky substitution. I managed to get 2 sets from HTS and they are both OK. Worst 'error' so far is that one of the stands was upside down in the package.. (I know. Big deal!).

The mechanic is a fine figure and as we suspected uses the torso and upper arms of the TOD guard. Eyes are slightly mismatched.

Toht is a lot of fun - You really need about 5 of this figure to display all the variations. (Are you listening Hasbro?? :D )

Haven't opened the rest yet (Dang family interruptions!)

Spassvogel

My set was okay, thank goodness.

Hopefully people with duplicates can trade, otherwise considering all people had to go through to get these sets, it would really be crappy.