Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (General thread - NO hint requests)

ReggieSnake

Has anyone with the PC version of the game attempted to rip the music from the game? The music from Young Indy is great and that would be an extra bonus if it is accessible. This is pretty easy to do on some games; if the music is in mp3 it is simply a matter of finding the tracks in the game files. Age of Empires III is one such game, for example.

metalinvader

DocWhiskey said:
Anybody unlock the Area 51 level yet?

Yeah,It sucks.It's alot like the ancient city level but all you do in it is build a race track.The level had so much potential. *sigh*

On another note,For whatever reason the bonus Young Indy level is one of my favorites.I think the level has some great chemistry.

Arab Swordsman

I finished Raiders 100% and TOD 100% last night. I also completed Young Indy and the Anicent City and collected the Star Wars characters. I'm hoping I'll get through LC tonight and do the warehouse level in the next day or two. I'm enjoying this game a lot but it seems like I'm whipping through it a lot faster than I did the Star Wars games.

xfkirsten

For anyone with the Wii version, is there a way to see how long you've been playing? I know the Lego Star Wars one had a timer in the Cantina, but I can't find anything like that in Lego Indy. This game just seems really quick, and I'm curious how fast I'm going.

MolaRam2

xfkirsten said:
For anyone with the Wii version, is there a way to see how long you've been playing? I know the Lego Star Wars one had a timer in the Cantina, but I can't find anything like that in Lego Indy. This game just seems really quick, and I'm curious how fast I'm going.

On the PS3 version, the time you have been playing is listed on your save file (after you go to Load Game on the title screen). You have to wait a few seconds for that time to appear though. I'm not sure if that works the same way on the Wii though.

Nurhachi1991

IndyK2 said:
I definitely want to check out the DS version.

For the record you can 'drive as Short Round' in the console version also although not sure if it uses the sameplay mechanic or not...

The music on the console (360 is the version I have) is phenomenal. I leave it on the the college level just to hear the themes.... ;)

I would not call that driving you go like 10 feet than start building the plane that does not qualify as driving.... I thought the motercycles and trucks were pointless in the console version they never really did anything. At least on the Ds you felt like you were driving.

fixer79

metalinvader said:
For whatever reason the bonus Young Indy level is one of my favorites.I think the level has some great chemistry.

Coool! Man, I can't wait to unlock that baby!
Still, I'm gonna try not to rush through the game... I've been waiting a long time for it so I want to make it last ;)
For the moment, my girlfriend and I are playing two levels an evening.

IndyK2

Nurhachi1991 said:
I would not call that driving you go like 10 feet than start building the plane that does not qualify as driving.... I thought the motercycles and trucks were pointless in the console version they never really did anything. At least on the Ds you felt like you were driving.

Well - he is behind the wheel and 'driving' albeit for a short amount of time. ;)

Spoiler:

You can use the truck(s) to position characters within jumping reach to hidden areas

Sounds like the driving mechanic in the DS version is more robust -- what is it like, anyway?

Rhys135

UK sales figures are in!

Released 2 weeks after the new Indiana Jones film, and on the back of a successful run of Lego-themed Star Wars titles, LucasArts claims top spot for the first time since ?Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy? back in W38 2006. Sales are split relatively evenly across the formats with the Wii version the most successful, while the PS2 version outsells the PS3 version (Wii 27%, Xbox 360 22%, PS2 20%, PS3 17%, DS 13%, PC 2%).

TOP 20 ENTERTAINMENT SOFTWARE - INDIVIDUAL FORMATS (UNITS), Week 23, 2008
01 (__) [WII] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)
02 (__) [360] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)
03 (03) [WII] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)
04 (02) [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
05 (__) [PS2] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)
06 (01) [360] Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)
07 (__) [360] Ninja Gaiden Ii (Microsoft)
08 (__) [PS3] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)
09 (05) [360] Race Driver: Grid (Codemasters)
10 (04) [PS3] Grand Theft Auto Iv (Take 2)
11 (07) [PS3] Race Driver: Grid (Codemasters)
12 (__) [NDS] Lego Indiana Jones: Original Adventures (Lucasarts)
13 (08) [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
14 (11) [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
15 (__) [WII] Sports Island (Konami)
16 (06) [PS3] Haze (Ubisoft)
17 (12) [NDS] Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games (Sega)
18 (16) [WII] Carnival: Funfair Games (Take 2)
19 (__) [360] Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit (Atari)
20 (10) [360] Rock Band (Electronic Arts)

Source

Kali Mah

Arab Swordsman said:
I finished Raiders 100% and TOD 100% last night. I also completed Young Indy and the Anicent City and collected the Star Wars characters. I'm hoping I'll get through LC tonight and do the warehouse level in the next day or two. I'm enjoying this game a lot but it seems like I'm whipping through it a lot faster than I did the Star Wars games.

Is it just me or Temple of Doom is ridiculously short? Don't get me wrong, I love it to death (it's actually my favorite "part" of the game), I just wish they would've made Shanghai Showdown, The Temple of Khali and Escape the Mines a little longer.

So, what's everyone's favorite level?

Nurhachi1991

Well I like TOD way better than LC but I must say the fight with vogal on the tank is my favorite level my number 2 favorite level is the grail temple.

xfkirsten

Finished playing through all the Story modes today! (70.8% complete) As far as which level is my favorite, it's really hard to say. I think Temple of Kali was my least favorite - for some reason it just irritated me to no end. (I hate the part where there's those rollers and you just have to jump from bar to bar... the tedious stuff like that irks me) I think the LC levels would be my favorite, but again, got annoyed by the constant barrage of the bazooka Nazis.

MolaRam2 said:
On the PS3 version, the time you have been playing is listed on your save file (after you go to Load Game on the title screen). You have to wait a few seconds for that time to appear though. I'm not sure if that works the same way on the Wii though.

Just tried it, and nope, not on the Wii. :(

Kali Mah

Nurhachi1991 said:
Well I like TOD way better than LC but I must say the fight with vogal on the tank is my favorite level my number 2 favorite level is the grail temple.

Temple of the Grail is a lot of fun, it's definitely in my top 3. I didn't like Desert Ambush that much to be honest, but I have to admit that the fight on the tank with Vogel is by far one of the coolest moments in the game. :whip:

mobollux2

good game so far. though i am almost done with it. :( beat the game and now going back to get all the treasure chests and mail packages. as for the music, have all 4 soundtracks so dont necessarily need to rip em, sorry.

fixer79

Aha, good point!

Next time you play, take a look at the game's credits for detailed info about the music The Tingler's talking about :p

That's the problem really... People don't read credits anymore...

This way I'll never get famous...

MolaRam2

I have gotten 100% with 25 hours and 45 minutes of gameplay on the PS3 version. I wish this game had more to do, but it is still great and the best game of the year so far as far as I'm concerned.

Nurhachi1991

MolaRam2 said:
I have gotten 100% with 25 hours and 45 minutes of gameplay on the PS3 version. I wish this game had more to do, but it is still great and the best game of the year so far as far as I'm concerned.

Great game but no way in hell is it the best game of the year.