What languages do you speak?

LostArk

I speak fluent English and Spanish and I want to learn how to speak French fluently, maybe this Summer.

What languages do you speak?

nezobiwan

Haha, LD.

I speak English.... I know that should be obvious, but sometimes I seriously believe that the majority of Americans don't even know their own language. Therefore I speak proper English.

and I can read and understand Spanish, though I'm crap at speaking it. :eek:

LostArk

nezobiwan said:
Haha, LD.

I speak English.... I know that should be obvious, but sometimes I seriously believe that the majority of Americans don't even know their own language. Therefore I speak proper English.

and I can read and understand Spanish, though I'm crap at speaking it. :eek:

Donde lo aprendistes?

Michael24

Besides English, I took two years of German in high school. I've forgotten a lot since then, unfortunately, but I still remember some of the basics. I'm sure if I wanted to I could get right back into it, because it was surprisingly easy to learn the first time since it's very similar to English.

nezobiwan

LostArk said:
Donde lo aprendistes?
Tomé espanol en high school pero yo olvidé todo. Yo tomé una otra vez en la universidad el an~o pasado. Me gusta la lengua y quiero aprender mas pero yo necesito concentrar en encontrar un trabajo ahora. :p

Turtle

Aside from native English, I speak French. Not amazingly. There's also very limited German, and a teensy bit of Polish (enough to get by, as it were)

LostArk

nezobiwan said:
Tomé espanol en high school pero yo olvidé todo. Yo tomé una otra vez en la universidad el an~o pasado. Me gusta la lengua y quiero aprender mas pero yo necesito concentrar en encontrar un trabajo ahora. :p

Doesn't look like you forgot everything :rolleyes:

nezobiwan

LostArk said:
Doesn't look like you forgot everything :rolleyes:
I DID, but then I took classes again in college and it all came back to me. (y)

Yeah.... high school was quite a while ago for me. :eek: :rolleyes:

~KAT~

English is my primary language. However, Yo Hablo Espanol, y Sprechen ze deutsch.

:)

I speak Spanish, and a little german.

Crack that whip

nezobiwan said:
I DID, but then I took classes again in college and it all came back to me. (y)

Yeah.... high school was quite a while ago for me. :eek: :rolleyes:

Not as long ago for you as for me, I suspect, and I need a lot of work on my Spanish, pero quiero aprender mas. No tengo muchas oportunidades a practicar. :(

(Also, I'm inordinately lazy... :( )

LostArk

Je parle et comprands l'francais mais pas tres bien.

I speak and understand French but not very well. Although I can understand almost anything written in French.

bonoferox

I know a little German. He's right over there *points*

*cough*

6 years of Spanish and forget 95% of it. Some Mandarin to get around, and English.

Flannery10

I was born in Germany and lived there for quite some time, so I'm fluent in German and English. I also speak pretty decent French and some Spanish.

I live in the US right now, but went on vacation to England and Ireland a lot of times, so I can adapt to the different accents. It's funny how easy it is to recognize if someone's from the US or from Great Britain.

I am currently learning German.

Guten morgen, Ich moechte tsvi tsooker.
Das ist nicht mein twaletter.
Mein deutsch ist sehr schlecht.

:eek:

Kingsley

herr gruber said:
I am currently learning German.

Guten morgen, Ich moechte tsvi tsooker.
Das ist nicht mein twaletter.
Mein deutsch ist sehr schlecht.

:eek:
LOL

Not so bad... but, what about the pronunciation?

whipem

我说一点中文。
"I speak a little Chinese"...in addition to my native English, I've been learning Chinese at college (it's my major actually). One year down. Oh, and I took Spanish and German in high school, but I think I only really got to a basic conversational level with those.