Hello, all!

thefumegator

I've been gone for a looong time, but it occurred to me that I ought to pop back in here and contribute, rather than lurk... it's good to be back. :)

There are a lot of new people here, but *I'm* probably new to a lot of people, anyhow. Funny how that works.

I see there are still some of the same old characters here, too. ;)

Hopefully I'll be around for good this time!
Wes

tall square

Weird... I was drawn to check things out today as well. I haven't been around for a while either, but probably fewer remember me. Anyway, hello everyone, and welcome back fume.

Finn

Staff member
Hmm, two guys who hopefully have a lot to contribute return at the same moment.

It's not a bad start for the year, I say.

Tennessee R

Welcome back ya'll. Yes, it has been a while. Good to have you again.
You know, I tried to get you to come back more often, tall square, saying hello on Instant Messenger, a while back. :whip: You were pretty good at game captions, as I recall. ;)

tall square

Yeah, we talked a few months ago, but I never actually got around to visiting, and I hadn't even thought about it for a while. But I'm back now!

And it seems that those caption contests are now defunct, which is a shame. But I look forward to spending more time here.

Finn

Staff member
tall square said:
And it seems that those caption contests are now defunct, which is a shame. But I look forward to spending more time here.
Oh well, somehow people just lost interest, it's not that they would have been prohibited or something...

If somebody feels like trying to buzz new breath into them, s/he can go ahead with all pleasure.

intergamer

That ones been done before. But make a new thread!
It doesn't really even have to be a video game caption in my opinion - it can be a screen from the movies or something analogous.
EDIT: Now I see the thread...its still been done before, but we can always try it again.

thefumegator

Whatever happened with the Raven Awards?

Does anyone remember when we were trying to make actual trophies, with a wood base, a little leather whip, and a glass fedora?

Did that ever come to pass? :confused: I've been gone so long!

Wes

EDIT: Nevermind, I was thinking about the "Fedora Award"... http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=375 ... Looks like it never happened. :(

Last edited:

KDuncan

thefumegator said:
I've been gone for a looong time, but it occurred to me that I ought to pop back in here and contribute, rather than lurk... it's good to be back. :)

There are a lot of new people here, but *I'm* probably new to a lot of people, anyhow. Funny how that works.

I see there are still some of the same old characters here, too. ;)

Hopefully I'll be around for good this time!
Wes

Hi Fumegator (and Tall Square)! Good to see you here! I'm one of the newer members, but it's still fun to see someone who was here originally come back. :)

IndyBuff

Welcome back Fumegator and Tall Square! I'm new as well but I look forward to your contributions. :whip: