Sparky Spoilers!!

sparkyrules

I was happy to discover in a recent review that our furry wise-cracking friend may get a meatier role!

"The Paramount logo dissolves into some kind of mountain. Every Indy films opens this way, from one monument to another. (As Veronica Geng wrote in a review of the first movie, "Spielberg" is German for "play mountain.") In Raiders the logo became a mountain in South America; in Temple of Doom, a bas-relief on a Chinese gong; in The Last Crusade a big boulder in Utah. This time, suggesting more modest aspirations, or maybe kiddingly deflecting the audience's gargantuan expectations, it's a weeny prairie dog hill, from which a critter emerges just before being nearly run over by speeding cars..."

http://www.time.com/time/arts/article/0,8599,1807519-1,00.html

Jr_1981

Out of all the spoilers I've read, I think this is the only one I didnt want to know. Oh well, have to wait and see how it plays out in the film, I think this is the only one that seems a bit underwhelming.

Jr_1981

According to the other thread, Elvis' "I ain't nothing but a houndog" Will be playing on the soundtrack. This sounds interesting, I'm starting to like this opening already.

G-Man

Agent Z said:
One of the reviews claims that Sparky is a CGI creation?!?!???!!

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I wouldn't bet on it, I think too many people are mistaking the real thing for CGI is this movie...

QBComics

I think Sparky should be his name. (I avoided the spoiler because I'm just that paranoid) besides, We don't won't Sparkyrules to have to change his username;)

MattJones

The Golden Idol said:
Is Sparky his official name? If it is, where does it say so?

Official name? Of a prairie dog? You must be kidding...

Sparky is what we would call a "fan name," an affectionate naming of a nameless character.

The Golden Idol

MattJones said:
Official name? Of a prairie dog? You must be kidding...

Characters on-screen for two seconds in the Star Wars movies have official names, so it's not that ridiculous. :)

MattJones said:
Sparky is what we would call a "fan name," an affectionate naming of a nameless character.

Who came up with "Sparky"?

MattJones

The Golden Idol said:
Characters on-screen for two seconds in the Star Wars movies have official names, so it's not that ridiculous. :)

So, what's the name of the cowlike creature that Anakin was riding in Episode II? Now, I don't mean the species name, but the actual name of the individual. ;)

The Golden Idol

MattJones said:
So, what's the name of the cowlike creature that Anakin was riding in Episode II? Now, I don't mean the species name, but the actual name of the individual. ;)

Like I know (or care). :p

The name of the prairie dog, on the other hand, is something I'd like to know. ;)

G-Man

MattJones said:
I think he was called Bernard... ;)