Halloween (2018)

Dr. Gonzo

From HalloweenMovies.com

"As it has been reported already, Patrick Lussier will be directing the hew Halloween film set to be released next summer. Patrick along side his writing partner Todd Farmer will be taking Halloween and Michael Myers into a 3-D world that should be a combination of fun, suspenseful and scary all wrapped into one.

We cannot comment on the details of the story or direction at this time, but will be releasing casting information soon."
--------------------------------------------

Why? ...why are they beating it into the ground?!

This will be a first for Hollywood: A REMAKE THIRD SEQUEL!?

Jesus I guess it can't be a stand alone because they just rebooted the damn thing a couple years ago.
Disapointment.

Well, I guess we willl always have John Carpenter's Halloween

Goonie

I don't know about Halloween 3D, but how about those rumours floating around on the web this week about three new Star Wars movies shot in 3D?

Dr. Gonzo

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Are you sure it's a remake or maybe a new sequel?

I see what you are saying, in any case this is unfortunate new ground (unless I am mistaken) if this is a stand alone that will be Halloween's third reboot. If it continues the Rob Zombie story its a Third sequel... the only other remake that came close was the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and then the TCM: The Beginning film... I dont think a third in a remake series has been done... to my knowledge.

The original H3 will almost certainly be better. And while that's saying a lot for most people, it's one of my guilty pleasures. :eek: (y)

roundshort

New Halloween Sequel

I did not see a thread about this, if there is one please merge

The first preview was dropped today for the new Halloween sequel. I love horror movies and Halloween is top 2 for me. If you are not up to speed on this movie - it is a neat story. It is a sequel to Halloween, 40 years later. Everything else that has happened since that movie (including its sequel Halloween II is gone Laurie is not Michael's sister etc).

Jamie Lee Curtis is back as Laurie. John Carpenter is NOT the direct but is Ex. Producer and did create the soundtrack.

I had to stop watching the preview as it showed WAY more than I want see. But Crazy excited for this movie.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Jamie Lee Curtis has a sort of Indy connection: her picture hangs in Faye Spanos Concert Hall of UOP, seen in Raiders.

She's checked in every decade and still skipped the Rob Zombie entries. So, Halloween H4O? 2H2O: Heavy Water?

avidfilmbuff

I don't really care for the slasher genre nor for violent horror films in general. But the original Halloween is a superb film, so I must admit that this film does intrigue me a bit since it is a direct sequel to the original. I do fear however based on what we've seen so far that it'll simply copy the plot of the original with Laurie taking over Dr. Loomis? role as the obsessed pursurer. Hopefully the film will be able to stand up on its own.