A victim thread for executive meddling

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Colonel Vogel said:
How do we recover from this??!! However, how far do you go to make the streets safe. Make curfews which infringe on the rights of others? Make tougher laws which make vandals look like murderers? They give police more power which turns them into a bunch of beating bastards with guns and a badge to hide behind. The FBI has taps on almost every single phone in America, mine has one. All in the name of safety,yes, we've been raped in the name of safety... ;)

I think the solution exists but it's the hardest to achieve: it's education, education is the solution to everything, but we prefer pushing back the problem and giving up our freedom because the effects are more immediate (but truly uneffective). Repression Has always been only half of a solution. Maybe we've been handling the problem from the wrong end and should start taking some of that tremendous money we put into defense and reinvest it into education because THAT really solves problems.

I probably sound very utopist :)

Grimdiana Bones

Sad happenings, especially since the girl is so brainwashed by this jerk that she won't even help out the very people that tried to save her. Also sad that he soiled the good name of afi...

KDuncan

We live in a screwed up world!

That goes without saying... :p

I think the solution exists but it's the hardest to achieve: it's education, education is the solution to everything, but we prefer pushing back the problem and giving up our freedom because the effects are more immediate (but truly uneffective). Repression Has always been only half of a solution. Maybe we've been handling the problem from the wrong end and should start taking some of that tremendous money we put into defense and reinvest it into education because THAT really solves problems.

We already have a lot invested in education -- seems as if every moment we have another tax increase for the schools.