Short Round

Johnb02

Short Round was a 12 year old, butt kickin', chinese, orphaned kid who lived in Shanghai by pick pocketing, as you all should know. There has been negative comments about him and I'm here to discuss it with you all.

Ok, lets face it, if he weren't there, Willie would have been toast and Indy would be under the influence of the black sleep still. People say, "He's annoying! He won't shut up!" I can agree a little to that, but he made up for it by kicking butt. He saved Indy from the rock crusher sort of, and he was prepared to sacrifice himself for Indy anytime on that adventure.

He was going to try and save Indy from being carried in the cart and shouting, "Put down Dr. Jones! I kill you!" Thats what I call a kid with a good heart. This is a poll, so please vote and post what you think about Mr. Round.

Johnb02

While I thought he was 12, but I may be wrong. But I think he is 12 so yes I think you might have read it wrong or something.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Johnb02 said:
Ok, lets face it, if he weren't there, Willie would have been toast and Indy would be under the influence of the black sleep still...

Actually, if he weren't there, Indy and Willie would have broken both legs and pelvis on a fall, and Indy would have died from the poison he drank...willie would have died too, a whore's death in the hands of the chinese justice system.

"Short movie Doackta Jones"

Orellana

Johnb02 said:
While I thought he was 12, but I may be wrong. But I think he is 12 so yes I think you might have read it wrong or something.
Oh yeah that's probably true I read that book about
2 years ago. You said you THINK he's 12. Wait, why? He looks
younger than that. Well whatever!

Brooke Logan

I liked Short Round. I never understood the hate for him or Willie Scott. Maybe I'm just too easily pleased, but I thought everything about Temple was a great movie.