Raiders Novel Corgi / UK Cover

Randolph Carter said:
I ended up finding it in a used book store in the UK for mere pennies. Great condition, too.
A lucky find indeed! :D
I always hope to find something interesting in a used bookstore...but that might have meant a change of underwear!

How long ago did you find it?

Randolph Carter

Rocket Surgeon said:
I always hope to find something interesting in a used bookstore...but that might have meant a change of underwear!

How long ago did you find it?

Must be about 3 years ago.

Used book stores are great places to scour for old stuff.

Over the years I've also found copies of Derek Taylor's Making of ROTLA paperback, as well as numerous copies of both the US and UK editions of the Indy film novelizations in second hand stores.

And of course a lot of great vintage Star Wars books.

Expeditions to such places often yield great treasures. :)

Randolph Carter said:
Must be about 3 years ago.
That's REALLY recent...I guess they're out there,If you'rein the UK.

Randolph Carter said:
Used book stores are great places to scour for old stuff.
There are a few books out there that are still worth while...especially since Skull but none more than the Corgi UK edition.

The UK got the hardcover Complete Making of as well...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:

There are a few books out there that are still worth while...especially since Skull but none more than the Corgi UK edition.

The UK love IJ and had lots of unique merchendise including the corgi edition.

Everything is out there if your prepared to make the effort and sometimes you just get lucky.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:

Everything is out there if your prepared to make the effort and sometimes you just get lucky but I can't remeber the corgi being for sale of a long time.

JuniorJones said:
Where did you get the Corgi(s) you have, (had)?

JuniorJones said:
Everything is out there if your prepared to make the effort and sometimes you just get lucky but I can't remeber the corgi being for sale of a long time.
I got singed on some recent book buys, I won't say burned since there were some illustrations that were saving graces...

Still on the hunt.

That Pirate / Bootleg thread might be a good idea and fitting place for wanted posters...

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
Rocket Surgeon said:
Where did you get the Corgi(s) you have, (had)?

I'm going to have to work those memory cells...

For the first. At the local newsagent. Just in the racks. Wayback in '81. I kind of remember it being a double take moment.

It's one of my favourite item as for years the cover completely confused me!

The second would have most proberly been from a film mart, maybe in the late 80s, as these were prehaps the main places to find collector items.

rs said:
That Pirate / Bootleg thread might be a good idea and fitting place for wanted posters...

I think it would.

JuniorJones said:
I'm going to have to work those memory cells...

For the first. At the local newsagent. Just in the racks. Wayback in '81. I kind of remember it being a double take moment.

It's one of my favourite item as for years the cover completely confused me!
How long after you saw Raiders? If not for the Raiders font...

I'm curious how soon the Amsel poster replaced it over there.

JuniorJones said:
The second would have most proberly been from a film mart, maybe in the late 80s, as these were prehaps the main places to find collector items.
The odds of finding one here, even though they were printed here are rediculous, so thanks again!:hat: