Henry Jones VII

Do you prefer the Raiders version:

indiana_jones_1.jpg

or the Last Crusade version with the tie? :

l_97576_01f99c7c.jpg

:D

Dr.Jonesy

'Raiders' ALL the way.

IMO; every Indy film after 'Raiders', Indy's outfit felt like a costume. In 'Raiders', it felt like it was a part of him and that everything he wore had a purpose. Everything was dirty, dusty and it just looked more natural.

'Raiders' also had the perfect hat; wide brim, tall crown with a sharp pinch and covered in dirt. 'Crusade' had the tiniest hat of them all. And Indy wore gloves in 'Raiders' which was a great addition.

The costume in the original felt natural and just seemed like it was really something he wore to get dirty. In the sequels, it didn't quite feel like that. Not sure how to explain it.

But 'Raiders' all the way. Love the green bag with the brown strap also as opposed to the all brown look with the black strap the sequels had. And to boot, 'Crusade' had Indy in a tie for a portion of the film...not good, IMO.

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
Although I can't see the uploaded Crusade photo, I'll have to say it is my favorite. With the exception of the hat, of course. Usually, the first film is the one that sets everything up and people always relate more to that as it is considered the original. But for me it isn't the case, especially when it comes to the jacket. For me the Crusade jacket is the best. It is not as trashy as in Raiders and it is not as new as in Kingdom! It is all weathered and its hard leather sits wonderfully on the shoulders of Harrison. The Raiders one is in such a messy condition that you think that when this man returns home he's going to despose of it and never wear it again. The Crusade one looks like it had its share of adventure and more to come. I will not refer to shirt and pants, I think they don't matter much. But for the hat I have to say, and I've said it before, Steve Delk's job is wonderful. The Kingdom hat bests them all.

But, of course, all that is my personal opinion.:hat:

Last edited: