Your Favorite Indy Music Themes.

Willie

Can I add another one to my list?

I also liked The Last Crusade opening theme too. Was listening to it today. ;)

michael

Favorite Theme Overall: "The Raiders March" (the one w/the coda.)

Favorite Romance Theme: Marions theme, particularly :13-:21 of "Flight to Cairo"

Favorite Villain Theme: Nazi Theme from Last Crusade, particularly :15-:35 of "Alarm!"

Favorite Action Scene Theme: this is honestly the hardest choice of all, but right now it's: "The Fist Fight/The Flying Wing"

Favorite Opening Sequence Theme: "Indy's Very First Adventure"

Favorite End Credits Music: Temple of Doom ACTUAL film credits

Favorite Map Theme: "X Marks the Spot", :00-:15 KILLS me every time! Seriously, listen to that bit over again. It has to be some of the warmest music in the whole series! I also like how he didn't rely on Indy's theme for this travel bit, but that just goes with how Last Crusade was scored!

Favorite Artifact Theme: The Ark, particularly 1:37-1:50 of "The Miracle of the Ark"

Jonesy

The LC Motorcycle chase theme was always my favorite. Just the suspense and pace of it is so memorable.

The Desert Chase is close behind, forming most of my nostalgia for Raiders. When I think of RotLA, that's the theme that's playing in my head.

Faleel

michael said:
Favorite Map Theme: "X Marks the Spot", :00-:15 KILLS me every time! Seriously, listen to that bit over again. It has to be some of the warmest music in the whole series! I also like how he didn't rely on Indy's theme for this travel bit, but that just goes with how Last Crusade was scored!

actually it does use Indy's Theme, although it IS during the scene with Donovan telling indy to not trust anyone

michael

Faleel said:
actually it does use Indy's Theme, although it IS during the scene with Donovan telling indy to not trust anyone
I know, but when you compare to the other "map" scenes in all of the other movies, it's wayyy less reliant on the Raiders March. Not to take anything away from the others, though. Same with "Journey to Austria." Like I said though, I just really love :00-:15, I listen to it over and over.

Faleel

my favourite map travel is Flight To Peru

my favourite battle music is Desert Chase

my favourite montage music is slave childrens crusade

my favourite chase music is Fast Streets of Shanghai

my favourite opening sequence music is Indy's First Adventure through to the end of The Portugese Coast 1938 (AKA The Boat Scene)

my favourite Indy Moment music is either Short Round Helps or Ride to the Nazi Hideout

kongisking said:
Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if this thread has been done before, but I thought it would be fun to talk about our favorite themes in the Indiana Jones films, and what kind of music we would want to appear in No. 4. Here's my opinions:

Favorite Theme Overall: The "Raiders March" (of course)
Favorite Romance Theme: The "Marion/Indy kissing owies" theme
Favorite Villain Theme: Mola Ram's
Favorite Action Scene Theme: Tank Chase
Favorite Opening Sequence Theme: Young Indy in Last Crusade
Favorite Credits Music: Raiders of the Lost Ark credits

There you go! Share yours! (y)

(Be warned, though. This idea is kind of hard, so think carefully and just try to think of the most memorable theme with the best "Humming-for-three-weeks-straight-Factor"
i theink is the raiders marck:D

kongisking said:
Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if this thread has been done before, but I thought it would be fun to talk about our favorite themes in the Indiana Jones films, and what kind of music we would want to appear in No. 4. Here's my opinions:

Favorite Theme Overall: The "Raiders March" (of course)
Favorite Romance Theme: The "Marion/Indy kissing owies" theme
Favorite Villain Theme: Mola Ram's
Favorite Action Scene Theme: Tank Chase
Favorite Opening Sequence Theme: Young Indy in Last Crusade
Favorite Credits Music: Raiders of the Lost Ark credits

There you go! Share yours! (y)

(Be warned, though. This idea is kind of hard, so think carefully and just try to think of the most memorable theme with the best "Humming-for-three-weeks-straight-Factor"
the raiders march:cool:

Orellana

I like the song called "Keeper of the Grail" which plays when Indy sees the Grail keeper (duh) and anywhere where the Grail is mentioned. Oh and when the canyon of the credent moon is seen.

JediJones

I think three of the most impressive pieces of music happen in the Temple of Doom temple. The overpowering music where Indy collects the stones is really inspiring, all the moreso because it's set to almost nothing happening on film. Imagine how dry that scene would play with just Indy putting the stones in his bag!

I also absolutely love the music when Indy and Short Round give each other back their hats after the battle to save Willie. It's an interplay of Indy's theme and Shorty's theme. I think it might have been the first use of a "softer," more sensitive version of the Indy march, which I think was reprised in the later films.

The Willie love theme music used when Indy rescues Willie and says "It's me, I'm back" is also really powerful, the most full-throated romantic music used in the series I think. I probably like Marion's love theme better overall, but the way Willie's is played here is incredibly joyful and passionate and sounds like classic Hollywood epic movie stuff.

One overlooked bit I really like from Last Crusade is the travel music to Brunwald's Castle. It's short but really strong and distinctive. It's got that fanciful quality that makes you feel like you're really inside a movie and not just passively watching events happen.

I think overall Last Crusade has the best score., even though the Elsa love theme and the Henry/Indy friendship theme are probably the two weakest character themes in all 4 films. Luckily those two themes aren't used much, and I'm really glad the grating Henry/Indy theme was drastically cut down in the film. Last Crusade just has incredible stretches of music. There are so many action scenes with music that sounds completely distinctive and original for each one, from the circus train chase to the speedboat chase to the motorcycle chase to the tank chase. The Nazi theme is truly fantastic, and sort of repeats what Williams did in The Empire Strikes Back when he created the Vader theme. He came up with a perfect-sounding villain theme for the sequel after not doing one at all in the original. The scene where they announce war is declared on the Jones boys and where the blimp turns around are the best uses of the new Nazi march. The grail theme is quite pleasant, although it's no match for the haunting ark theme. And I like the way the end credits slow down and warm up the Indy theme more than in the previous movies, without making it too soft. Overall, the music never gets repetitive in Last Crusade, shows endless creativity and usually sounds really magical and wonderful.

Last edited: