How Many Times Will You See It?

No Ticket

Assuming that it's an awesome Indiana Jones movie, how many times will you see it in the theater considering it may be the last one ever? I searched to see if this topic had been made and got like 500 results sooo... I hope it hasn't.

If Awesome: 5-7 times!

If Good: 3-4 times!

If Absolutel Crap: 2 times (hey it's INDIANA JONES!!)

Blue Jay

I have seen movies twice in the movie theatre, but that was because the people i went with absolutely wanted to the movie i have already seen.

But i think, indy is the movie i want to see more than once at the theatre on purpose :cool:

I am expecting nothing more than that the movie ist awesome, so a couple of times is planned.

Sankara

In 1989 I was 21 times in "Indiana Jones and the last crusade"...

If "Indy IV" is quite as good as "Indy III" I will see it many-many times...

But remember:

It's very hard to make a better Indy-Film than "Temple"

Its very-very-very hard to make a better Indy-Film than "Crusade"

And it's impossible to make it better than "Raiders"

No Ticket

Sankara said:
In 1989 I was 21 times in "Indiana Jones and the last crusade"...

If "Indy IV" is quite as good as "Indy III" I will see it many-many times...

But remember:

It's very hard to make a better Indy-Film than "Temple"

Its very-very-very hard to make a better Indy-Film than "Crusade"

And it's impossible to make it better than "Raiders"

Yup. It's best to keep your expectations low. And I usually have no trouble with that when walking into a movie these days. I expected Spider-Man 3 to be not as good as the second, I had little to no real expectations for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer. And I expected the new Die Hard to really suck. Those low expectations made the movie experience better, cause when I saw it and it was BETTER than what I was expecting, well... you know.

When I saw TMNT, I really was expecting it to be a lot better than it was. Unfortunately I'm having a hard time with this movie. As much as I keep telling myself "low expectations," I see Harrison Ford in costume and Spielberg behind a camera and all I can think of is... "How could it possibly not be good?!"

Well, I'll try to keep 'em low, but it's gonna be pretty hard.

Inbanana

Hmm...

I saw Last Crusade 3 times at the theater,

Temple of Doom 10 times,

and for Raiders... I literally lost count.

(Looking back on it now, either my parents were really cool, or just wanted to kick me out of the house...)

If I stick with the trend that I seem to have been following, I'll probably see the fourth one a couple of times at the most... I don't really watch movies a crazy number of times like I did when I was a kid, I guess for a number of reasons...

Grizzlor

As Blue Jay said, I also only see a movie twice if I go with someone and then someone else also wants to see it. However, I haven't seen a movie twice in the theaters since high school (10 years ago), when I always had a friend who worked in a theater and let us in after the movie started, for free. I may seen Indy more than once, but with the quick DVD and TV releases, not usually worth it.

Niteshade007

I will MAYBE see it twice, but as others have said, only if other friends want to see it. I don't usually see a movie more than twice in theaters. The only ones I can think of are the Pirate films (again, because I was going with different groups) and Shrek 2. In fact, I think I saw Shrek 2 three times in theaters, making a record for me.

I don't think people see movies repeatedly in theaters as often because there's really no need to. Three months after a films release it's on the shelves for $20.

Finn

Staff member
Like the previous poster, I really doubt I'll see it more than once. And likely not on the opening night either. Plus, won't be wearing any gear. Also, I can foresee I'm going in all my lonesomeness.

It's probably going to make me one of the last here who're going to see it, but that's just my style. Walk in, watch the movie, get out. No special from other viewer. Just one more digit to the statistics.

*sigh* ...I'm such a closet fan.

Echo22

I'll probably make a weekly event of it for the entire Summer. Probably seeing it with the friends that I saw the originals with - for tradition's sake. No outfit, though. That's one tradition I outgrew after Raiders. Then I'll probably take my niece to see it a couple of times. I've gotten her into these movies. Fun to see it through her eyes.

I'm sure I'll make a grand event of the first time I watch this one, too. Not sure how. A little time to think about it.

Finn

Staff member
replican't said:
I'm gonna wait for the dodgy pirate copy on dvd from the chinese guy in the pub.
Why not just use the Internet, man? That's the way of the future.

Vendetta08

Probably just once. Maybe twice if it's really good.

Finn said:
Why not just use the Internet, man? That's the way of the future.

Takes too long to download when a sweaty chinese guy at a pub can hand you a copy right then and there. And that sweaty guy's version may be better in quality. hehe

Niteshade007

I generally avoid sweaty men in pubs, but to each his own.

I don't like downloaded movies. I like to display my DVDs. And like Al Patterson said, it's usually a lower quality when downloaded.